Helpful ReplyI have tried for HOURS and HOURS to be able to record from my mike.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: I have tried for HOURS and HOURS to be able to record from my mike. 2017/04/26 18:54:47 (permalink)
yeah, there's https://steamcommunity.com/app/293140/discussions/0/490123938425843933/ and that kind of thing, for example, not an "official recommendation" but a workaround, as is asio4all itself

not sure why you hate it so much?

just a sec

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: I have tried for HOURS and HOURS to be able to record from my mike. 2017/04/26 19:17:55 (permalink)
scook
It is possible to see the images by copying the broken links.

The OP made a common mistake attempting to insert a page reference instead of the image url in the image tags. Of course, new users are not allowed to create links anyway so it took some doing just to get the broken images on the page.

Actually, I just right-clicked on each image place holder, and clicked on 'Open in a new tab' in Chrome - worked like a champ.

I concur on complete removal of ASIO4ALL.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
JohanSebatianGremlin
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 402
Re: I have tried for HOURS and HOURS to be able to record from my mike. 2017/04/26 20:01:58 (permalink)
pwalpwal
not sure why you hate it so much?

I don't hate it. Hate is a strong word and I don't use it lightly. Lets just say I'm not a fan of it and don't believe its a good idea to recommend its use to others.

I guess I just see it as a product that by design is trying to reinvent a wheel that doesn't need reinventing. The secret to making DAW's work properly is no secret and there are lots of decent interfaces available at reasonable cost. So I simply don't see any compelling reason to try and trick devices into doing things they were never designed to do.

Think of it this way. If you told me you needed a pickup truck to do what you need to do with a vehicle, I would not recommend that instead of buying a pickup, you just do this:

Will it work? Yeah sure. But probably not very well and its not like pickup trucks don't already exist. I guess just see it as you can do it right or you can rig something half asses with duct tape and bailing wire and I'm not a fan of the duct tape and bailing wire solution when it comes to audio production.

The bottom line is I see it as the sort of thing that's fine for those who choose to do it, but irresponsible to recommend to others as anything resembling 'good advice'. I get that you don't agree and that's fine. We can agree to disagree.

If gear was the determining factor, we would all have a shelf full of Grammies and a pocket full of change.  -microapp

i7, 32gb RAM, Win10 64bit, RME UFX
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: I have tried for HOURS and HOURS to be able to record from my mike. 2017/04/26 20:23:39 (permalink)
Since computers can sometimes cause problems, we should definitely not use them at all.  Ever. 

The OP stated that he is using M-Audio for his interface, and I can see the M-Audio drivers available in his screen capture.

Steve is probably correct in that the OP should not be using ASIO4ALL with this particular interface.  He has the correct M-Audio drivers available, and it looks like he already has the drivers installed and they are detected, but not selected, in Sonar settings.

ASIO4ALL works great for VSTs and Sonar playback on my laptop.  But I don't think that I would attempt to record audio without using a real interface though.

I do use a M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface with real M-Audio ASIO drivers on the desktop DAW.

If the OP ever comes back, he probably just needs to get his M-Audio Fast Track Pro set up correctly in X2.  He says he has a good mic, so that setup should be up to the task.
https://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Track-Mobile-Interface-Preamps/dp/B000BD31ZW

I recently ran into a similar issue where I couldn't assign my M-Audio ASIO drivers in Sonar due to a Steinberg generic ASIO driver that got dropped on my system by a demo installer.

The weird thing about that was that I could see my M-Audio drivers on the audio devices page, and select it, but I couldn't assign them in the playback and recording master in driver settings. They were just blank.  So no audio!!!

I had to uninstall the Steinberg driver and delete my Sonar aud.ini before I could get back on my real ASIO drivers.  So maybe it's a quirk with M-Audio not wanting to play with ASIO4ALL here ...

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
loopyd
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
Re: I have tried for HOURS and HOURS to be able to record from my mike. 2017/04/27 21:07:55 (permalink)
But the real question is, why cannot Mike remember all of the words?
* Mic

McDonalds haters I love my pink slime gosh darn you!!!

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
Courtesy BlueHost

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1