I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 01:50:33 (permalink)
My mother wrote lyrics for a radio contest one time. She didn't win the contest but a couple of years later she said she heard a song on the radio and they used her lyrics word for word.

One Broken Heart For Sale

You may have heard it ... some famous dead guy sang it.

I have no proof of this, but I have no reason to believe that my mother would lie to me.

I do believe things happen, but I agree that there are a lot better places to steal idea's than the Sonar Song forum.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 02:08:56 (permalink)
There are evil people everywhere :-( I hope no one here is ever damaged by them. There is good in this world? And there is evil... To deny that there is evil, is to refuse to accept that there is good. Good cannot exist without evil. :-( I hope none of my friends are ever confronted with, or ever touched by evil... 

I don't see how that sentiment could possibly be misconstrued :-( But I'm sure there are those who will try :-(  I sincerely wish those with agendas here (and there are "many") would simply focus on music? Our shared love of music? And the talent here that create it? I am aware of the clicks... And the concerted efforts to silence those with whom they disagree? It's wrong, and should stop... But it won't... Because evil lives. It lives in spite of all that is done to try to stop it.

I hope evil never touches or affects any of my friends here.
post edited by rockinrobby - 2011/01/18 02:47:38

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
ruralrocker2010
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 616
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 16:25:49 (permalink)
Um, there's just a little too much of this going on.

I comment seriously and without prejudice. I don't tell people something sucks, but I don't mind telling them it's not good or if it is good. They want feedback. Why lie? It doesn't serve them or you.

I'm not hear to feel good about something that shouldn't be felt good about. I'm wise enough to realize opinions are just that...but hey, I was asking for one. I shouldn't be surprised when I get one!

I think there are a lot of talented people here, I also think there's an equal number of self-involved, ego maniacs who can't deal with no comments on their posts. I often scratch my head and go "geez, I wonder what this guy is like in real life if this is what he took time to think up and write out on a public board?!"

Whatevers, whatever. I'm here to hear honesty, give honesty, and the music that flows forth from that. I could care less if someone steals my idea. They'll prolly make it better than I could have. that's a good thing!

post edited by ruralrocker2010 - 2011/01/18 16:32:43

Joshua Barnes
Sonar Platinum / RME UCX / i5 3.2 8 GB Memory (Dell Inspiron) / Komplete 10 / Win 7 Home 64 Bit
philz
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2462
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 16:47:40 (permalink)
I've had more than a few members tell me that they listen to nearly every tune in Songs, but never post comments for one reason or another.  Because I'm often pressed for time, sometimes I will be late to the posting, and all the insightful comments have been made already... so what do you do: just +1 someone's remarks?

There is some remarkable talent around here, and it is often a conflict for me that I have to choose between trying to be active and contribute, or work on my own material.

I'm pretty cynical by nature, but it's hard for me to imagine that there are folks lurking with the thought of plagarizing material. 
darylcrowley
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2700
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 16:59:54 (permalink)
I've stolen everything you ever did and I'm getting rich on it.  I will soon release my greatest hits album, Titled "The Stuff I Stole From Robby."  I haven't had an original idea in my life.  Is there a problem with this??

When I get my 3rd or 4th Million, I'm going send you a hundred bucks just to show how much I appreciate all the free stuff.

I think sometimes I neglect to post because I've had to do my listening at work because I don't have my DAW at home attached to the Internet.  And mix suggestions based on crappy work speakers is probably of limited value.

I now have a new home Internet computer and a pair of Bose speakers on it and I intend to now do my reviews at home with the Bose speakers.  This will allow me to do a better job of reviewing.

I for one most appreciate well thought out mix suggestions and I try to provide that kind of feedback where I can, the only problem being is that almost everyone is better at mixing than I am, so sometimes I feel my suggestions may not be of value.  But I try where I feel I have some honest input.

But I must admit, I do appreciate those comments where someone just tells me they like it, or they don't.  But it is also nice if they don't have any mix suggestions to at least tell me what they like or don't like.

While we all want people to like our songs, I find this forum to be invaluable.  I mean where else can you get a number of people, who know what they are doing, listening to your music on a variety of systems and giving you feedback.  That really is a very valuable service, at least to me it is.

So I will say now, Thank you all!

Daryl

Daryl Crowley
Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
Windows 7 64bit Professional
Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
http://www.darylcrowley.com/
rolifer@verizon.net
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1676
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 22:23:02 (permalink)
Every piece of music I listen to here I comment on. I wish I could listen more but time has been moving too quickly lately and I am always running short of it.

Ron
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 22:33:55 (permalink)
rockinrobby

There are evil people everywhere :-( I hope no one here is ever damaged by them. There is good in this world? And there is evil... To deny that there is evil, is to refuse to accept that there is good. Good cannot exist without evil. :-( I hope none of my friends are ever confronted with, or ever touched by evil... 

I don't see how that sentiment could possibly be misconstrued :-( But I'm sure there are those who will try :-(  I sincerely wish those with agendas here (and there are "many") would simply focus on music? Our shared love of music? And the talent here that create it? I am aware of the clicks... And the concerted efforts to silence those with whom they disagree? It's wrong, and should stop... But it won't... Because evil lives. It lives in spite of all that is done to try to stop it.

I hope evil never touches or affects any of my friends here.
Did something happen to you in the Songs forum? Not sure what brought this up but this is normally a very non-confrontational place and it's a shame to see that shattered like this.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
LpMike75
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1621
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 22:55:44 (permalink)
I am one person that does not always have time to post.  I will sometimes check out the songs forums and throw on a tune to check it out, I will then do other things while the tune is playing (yes I am still listening).  I sometimes get to comment and other times I do not due to time constraints. 

If someone were to question my motivation I can say it certainly is not to steal ideas or songs.  I get some sort of fulfillment or joy or -insert work- from listening to music and these forums can be refreshing to hear as they are usually mixed and produced by us average Cakewalkers in our home studios.  Also, generally they are produced and written by people that are not under pressure from a record producer to make a hit and appeal to the masses, this has allowed many people in the song forums to write some really interesting pieces that you might not otherwise hear on a commercial radio station.  Take some of JamesYoYo's songs for example..really creative, nice production...you dont hear that stuff on the Brittany Spears station of the Creed station.   James is just one example of many on here, Robby you have had some neat songs, Janet, Ron's orchestral pieces are amazing...there are many more. 

Maybe there is something to be said about being "inspired" by listening to other peoples music, but that is different that stealing. 

- Mike
Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
Http://www.mjlmusic.com 
ruralrocker2010
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 616
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 23:05:23 (permalink)
LP, how you liking x1? for 100 bucks I'm thinking it might be worth it. I'm on 8.5.3

Joshua Barnes
Sonar Platinum / RME UCX / i5 3.2 8 GB Memory (Dell Inspiron) / Komplete 10 / Win 7 Home 64 Bit
LpMike75
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1621
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 23:10:58 (permalink)
I've had quite a few problems and crashes with X1.  I am mostly back to using 8.5.3 until the new X1 patch comes out, hopefully making it more stable.  I do think the interface is going in the right direction even though it takes some getting used to, I hope they work out the bugs and make it more stable.  I wouldnt rush into buying X1 just yet, let them release atleast X1b patch first.  Due in Feb.

- Mike
Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
Http://www.mjlmusic.com 
RockingChair
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/18 23:44:43 (permalink)

Sadly Robby, if you don't have the means to do something with what you are creating musically and you put it out there then the IDEA is going to be stolen by someone at some point if it's good I would think. I don't care what anyone says, if they think otherwise then that's their fault.

Doesn't matter if you (C)opyright a song, I think what you've been pointing out is the idea getting stolen right?

The sad part is, it all boils down to money.

Bobby

post edited by RockingChair - 2011/01/19 10:11:34

malcolmb
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 713
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/19 09:41:00 (permalink)
OK. I admit it. I am a Lurker. I visit this forum at least once a day and listen to the outstanding music here. I've been doing that for at least six months. I log on about once a week. Why? Because I only log on when I feel I can make an intelligent comment on a piece (OK, my brain isn't as good as it was!). On the few occasions I have posted a piece of my music here, I have always been astonished by and very grateful to the number of people who have viewed my post and played my music. I have been even more grateful to those who have left a comment. But it doesn't bother me that hundreds listen and a few dozen comment. Getting my music heard with the millions of pieces posted at Soundclick, ReverbNation and so forth is just about impossible. Here I not only get the music heard but I also receive excellent advice from professionals who's music I envy and advice I respect. So you will have to excuse this Lurker. I will back again tomorrow!

Best Regards
Malcolm

HS 7 XL
XP Prof.
4 GB memory
GPO, VSL, Music Lab Real Guitar/LPC, EWQLSC, Vocaloid Miriam/Avanna 
Soundcard - Marian Marc 4 Midi

www.soundclick.com/malcolmbrown
www.soundclick.com/lylemusic
www.youtube.com/user/LyleMusic
Tap
Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4536
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/19 13:03:44 (permalink)
41/861 .... No music to steal on this thread.... ????

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

StudioCat57
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 209
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/19 13:29:08 (permalink)
Music is stolen all the time ... The song you write might not be a hit here but in some other country, the cats who stole it could be banking on it and you would not even know!!

And unless you find out about it, there is nothing you can do...As long as you put it out there on line, it could happen...

I wouldn't sweat it though...Too many other things to focus on in life.

Peace!!

P-4 3.0ghz- 3 gigs ram
Sonar 6.021 Producer
DM-3200
Motu 2408mk3
Lots of VST's
johnnyV
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2677
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/19 13:38:05 (permalink)
If you look at this thread you will see there is 43 posts but over 430 views. That's seems about normal for any thread with a title that catches our attention.
You do come across as paranoid so stop smoking that stuff!
All pop music is a regurgitation of something else anyway so nothing we post here is really truly original right?
I read a tonne of threads and never post for above said reasons.
I am also guilty of listening to songs and keeping my mouth shut as not wishing to hurt feelings. I was brought up  " If you don't have anything good to say , keep it shut"
I'll comment on a mix but I find it very difficult to post what I truly think when a song is terrible. And there are a few times I came close because I believe that might have put the proper perspective on things .  It's a bit of a fault in the Song forum with the feedback we get, as you find mostly good comments which is fine for supporting each other but might not help one to improve their lot. 
Another reason for looking and not posting is a lot of us do kill time on coffee breaks ( ya right) at work on a computer that you cannot download or post.
post edited by johnnyV - 2011/01/19 13:40:57

Sonar X3e Studio - Waiting for Professional
 Scarlett 6i6
Yamaha Gear= 01v - NSM 10 - DTX 400 - MG82cx
Roland Gear= A 49- GR 50 - TR 505 - Boss pedals
Tascam Gear=  DR 40 - US1641 -
Mackie Gear= Mix 8 - SRM 350's 
i5 Z97 3.2GHZ quad 16 Gig RAM W 8.1  home build
Taylor mini GS - G& L Tribute Tele - 72 Fender Princeton - TC BH 250 - Mooer and Outlaw Pedals  Korg 05/RW

jamesg1213
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/19 13:51:31 (permalink)
rockinrobby

I sincerely wish those with agendas here (and there are "many") would simply focus on music?

Robby, I've been on this forum for about 5 years now, and quite honestly, I have never seen or witnessed any 'evil' as you put it, nor have I noticed anyone with any 'agenda', except perhaps one a few years back who tried to tell us we were all going to Hell in a handcart because we didn't understand what beauty was..

There have been a few heated arguments yes, some bannings , but by and large it's a pretty pleasant place to hang out. From where I'm sitting 99.9% of people here do indeed seem to be focusing on the music.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
mgh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/19 13:57:11 (permalink)
Statistically, the people who focus least on the music in this forum have the letters OBBY in their name....

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re:I know "statistically" there are many people who lurk here... 2011/01/19 15:16:59 (permalink)
now that's funny!!!.....

lmao.....sorry guys...but I dont care who you are...me britt burddas is some funny Truckers...lol

whew...

very very witty!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1