AnsweredI opted out of reincarnation

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/16 01:43:48 (permalink)
I think some of John's post would make GREAT lyric fodder for songs! 

(Really!)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/16 01:52:17 (permalink)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts John

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/16 15:04:14 (permalink)
Thanks Synkrotron. Hope to share some interesting things about the process as time allows. Sort of an overview for us western guys.
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/16 19:11:58 (permalink)
JohnKenn
Thanks Synkrotron. Hope to share some interesting things about the process as time allows. Sort of an overview for us western guys.

Butt out!  It's MY cult.  I got here first!

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

craigb
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/16 19:47:24 (permalink)
Typical.

eph221
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/21 01:55:36 (permalink)
Moshkito
Hi,

I'm not sure it matters, either way, what we think or say about the matter!

Weird how we all think we're bigger than the universe and can overcome it!

I'm picturing a teeny tiny pedro

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/21 12:50:30 (permalink)
After decades as an ardent atheist, I'm starting to show an interest in a decidedly non-western faith.  Not necessarily a belief (yet), but an interest...

The differences in control and "world view" are phenominal.

Thanks for coming out John, and good luck!

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
eph221
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/21 19:40:53 (permalink)
Belief is a matter of degree.  It's not an all or nothing deal.  You for instance take lots of things on faith:  the sun's gonna come up tomorrow,  Annie will be in a revival at some point in your lifetime, today you wont get in a crash on the way to get milk, etc.  There are certain conditions for the possibility of faith which are measured as one's threshold of probability that something is more likely than not.  So maybe for you it would take 7 out of 8 good pitches to believe *he or she's a good pitcher* and for me it just takes 5 out of 8.  That's why some people believe in ghosts with very little ostensible evidence,  and some people don't believe this nation was founded by white men and womyn despite an overwhelming amount of evidence.  Faith is definitely something our culture needs to get ahold of.  And remember this classic bromide:  there's no room for faith without doubt.  

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

craigb
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/22 04:24:16 (permalink)

eph221
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/22 04:32:44 (permalink)
It was a fantasy of mine to meet him someday. :(  There's still ricky martin....

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

JohnKenn
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/27 00:41:35 (permalink)
Slug,

More power to you in an inquisition going forward. The outrageous end point of any of us is too glorious to put digital ink on a forum.

Humble advise, yes, to study philosophies and viewpoints outside our death bound western tomb of ignorance.

Problem is that so many opinions, so many "faiths", so many philosophies are still stuck in the intellect, no matter if they are a closer resolution to what actually is. Book A says this. Book B says this. All contradict, and who to believe in the short time we have left to sort it out. Major impetus to figure out your destiny on a subjective personal level is that the clock is ticking down to an otherwise rude and crude exit... I know we believe that upon death we will get the 147 virgins and go on in bliss forever. Hate to spoil the party, but...

Answer is not in the world religions. Answer is in intense pragmatic application of a valid spiritual science. Yoga if you can find a real path among the fake and deluded approaches. Not the New York spansex stretch parlor, in with the bad air, out with the good air, etc. Harder to attain, but possible in the Buddhist discipline.

Philosophy is great and has a purpose. Like the ancient heathens said however, once the eye is open to Knowledge, all philosophy is like a cup of water when clear streams flow in every direction.

Still want to start a thread about the heathen dynamics of the reincarnation cycle. Only motive is to start a dialog and a path toward inquiry. Will face a lot of backlash and rage, but only good will come of it.

Love all of you guys,
John

DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/27 03:22:14 (permalink)
Don't forget, if you are in Tibet or China you must have your re-incarnation permits are you will not be allowed.

State Religious Affairs Bureau Order No. 5 is an order from the State Administration for Religious Affairs,[1] the People's Republic of China's agency charged with keeping religion under state control. Order No. 5 states that a Reincarnation Application must be filed by all Buddhist temples in that country before they are allowed to recognize individuals as tulkus (reincarnated teachers).
Tibetan Buddhists believe lamas and other religious figures can consciously influence how they are reborn, and often are reborn many times so they can continue their religious pursuits. These tulkus are referred to in sources translated from Chinese as living Buddhas. In 2007, the Chinese government passed a decree, to take effect September 1, that each of these people who plan to be reborn must complete an application and submit it to several government agencies for approval.

Just a reminder...

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
Bhav
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 887
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/27 05:44:54 (permalink)
Slugbaby
After decades as an ardent atheist, I'm starting to show an interest in a decidedly non-western faith.  Not necessarily a belief (yet), but an interest...

The differences in control and "world view" are phenominal.

Thanks for coming out John, and good luck!

You should try Hinduism and ask how Ganesh got an elephants head. The story can be summarised as:

- Disobedient son
- Dad get mad
- Sword go slash
- Off comes his head
- Then later dad thinks 'oh noes, what haz I done?'
- But lo and behold! Theres an elephant in the back garden
- Dad thinks 'aha! I haz a plan!'
- Sword go slash
- Off goes elephants head
- Plonk elephants head onto dead sons decapacitated​ body
- Son is now alive again with an elephants head and brain, but somehow still human like
- Of course, theres no such thing as interspecies transplants being rejected by the hosts immune system.

I7 6850k, Asus RV10E, 32 Gb ram, SLI GTX 980 Ti, Creative Soundblaster Z, Yamaha DGX 630, Creative Aurvana Platinum headphones.
JohnKenn
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/29 01:24:00 (permalink)
Geez, really want to register with the Tibet guys, but too afraid they will still want me to pay pay property taxes from my last life.

@Bhav... Holy Ganesha is a prime example of the problem, and thank you for bringing this up.
We can't even mate with a chimp with 95% of our own DNA. Can't get a transplant out of an identical twin without taking rejection drugs for life.

Ganesh only one example of entities with multiple body parts that are elevated to deity status by various segments of our brothers.

Problem is when you ask the true believers. They run the expanse of humanity. A scientist ready to throw analytics and rational approach to a physics problem, but ask about Ganesh, Garuda, whatever. The dialog is completely off limits. There is already the highest criteria of proof that is beyond question.

The proof is that it is carved in stone in the holy scriptures. Just read page 32 of whatever the crap of the scripture claims.

Over here, the taboo against rational question is that we die and go to a defined structure if we only accept and believe. So many cubits by so many cubits. Walls will be studded with garnets, and the inside has every cooking spice the miserable peon several thousand years ago could not afford. You will fry in hell if you dare question. Why, because is written on page 37.

Glad we got the real book. Says so on page 35. We can rejoice that we won't be burning in brimstone with the rest of those lost bastards.

Still want to offer a humble perspective on the transmigration process. Only motive is to stimulate thought and inquiry.

John

Bhav
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/29 05:37:28 (permalink)
JohnKenn
Geez, really want to register with the Tibet guys, but too afraid they will still want me to pay pay property taxes from my last life.

@Bhav... Holy Ganesha is a prime example of the problem, and thank you for bringing this up.
We can't even mate with a chimp with 95% of our own DNA. Can't get a transplant out of an identical twin without taking rejection drugs for life.

Ganesh only one example of entities with multiple body parts that are elevated to deity status by various segments of our brothers.

Problem is when you ask the true believers. They run the expanse of humanity. A scientist ready to throw analytics and rational approach to a physics problem, but ask about Ganesh, Garuda, whatever. The dialog is completely off limits. There is already the highest criteria of proof that is beyond question.

The proof is that it is carved in stone in the holy scriptures. Just read page 32 of whatever the crap of the scripture claims.

Over here, the taboo against rational question is that we die and go to a defined structure if we only accept and believe. So many cubits by so many cubits. Walls will be studded with garnets, and the inside has every cooking spice the miserable peon several thousand years ago could not afford. You will fry in hell if you dare question. Why, because is written on page 37.

Glad we got the real book. Says so on page 35. We can rejoice that we won't be burning in brimstone with the rest of those lost bastards.

Still want to offer a humble perspective on the transmigration process. Only motive is to stimulate thought and inquiry.

John

This is why stem cell research needs a lot more funding, and if you can afford it you should have any children's stem cells preserved via freezing. The stem cells remain intact for several decades, and if during that time we've discovered how to grow specific organs from stem cells, anyones whose stem cells were preserved can have new organs grown until the cells expire.

Of course its not too likely that we will discover this any time soon, especially with all the opposition to stem cell research.

If only all of our organs could regenerate like the liver, but tbh immortality is a bad thing.

I7 6850k, Asus RV10E, 32 Gb ram, SLI GTX 980 Ti, Creative Soundblaster Z, Yamaha DGX 630, Creative Aurvana Platinum headphones.
JohnKenn
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/29 22:59:31 (permalink)
Immortality as we know ourselves, yes a bad thing.

40 some years ago as a young white boy aspiring heathen, I remember sitting at the feet of swami guru knows all sees all, etc.

He talked about the future of earth, humanity, and rough times ahead for awhile.

He commented on a time within the not too far distant future when scietists will be able to scrape a sample of skin and recreate any organ in a lab dish. Designer swap out of anything that needs replacement.

He said that human individual lifespan could potentially go on for thousands of years, but for one problem...

Each of our lives as we know ourselves is meant to be only a temporary snapshot in the greater plan. I thank Allah that an infinitude of defective personalities are not going on forever, causing havok with the 137 celestial virgins up there somewhere.

Once the lesson plan for our current expression is exhausted, time to move on. Prolonging the defective presence goes against what we want in a subtle design, and only holds us back. On a deeper level, we want to live forever, but not forever the way we are now.

Old swami guru said that the tipping point, all factors equal, is around 160 years old. Even with the latest and greatest transplants, the entity will begin to withdraw. What we currectly call "failure to thrive". A condition where we have corrected all the electrolytes, verified that all the systems are working like they are supposed to, but the person is still dropping dead. Our patchwork ancestors in the future will get the best organ replacements, but will still opt out of the confinement. Time to move on to bigger and better things.

John

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/30 02:14:34 (permalink)

....... must ..... resist ..... joining .... in ... this ..... interesting .... conversation .........

My involvement in this excellent discussion would no doubt precipitate an immediate lock 

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

craigb
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/04/30 04:00:49 (permalink)
...and there, in the middle of it all, was that damn monkey trying to put the cork back in!

JohnKenn
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/02 01:20:49 (permalink)
Memory of past lives is possible for every one, since the complete and unbroken memory is there in full. We all carry this. Our personal and individual record of ascent from a microscopic colloid blob in a distant ocean to where we have pulled ourselves up to is alive and well in our deeper data base.

21st century primates, we are not born with the ability to remember our path through antiquity after early childhood, for good reasons that would only hold us back from dealing with the task at hand.

Children can often remember their past experiences up until the age of 5 or so. This is when the soul and all its baggage is firmly landed in the dirt and they got to get with the current program. There is a mental disorder, a rare type of schizophrenia that happens in cases where the mental sheaths cannot turn off inferences from the pre birth past. These individuals die early, failed attempt to touch ground in all the static going on internally. Inability to forget what is supposed to be sealed off for now.

John
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/02 01:29:35 (permalink)
Have we just discovered SuperMarioGamer's primary account?

Impressive.
JohnKenn
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/02 01:43:36 (permalink)
Even more than impressive...

As long as you guys are okay with a heathen outsider's account and nobody gets overly offended, got some incredible information to share.

John
craigb
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/02 03:17:00 (permalink)
I just noticed that if you remove the "h" and the "n's" you get...

Bhav
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/02 06:31:58 (permalink)
craigb
I just noticed that if you remove the "h" and the "n's" you get...

Lol.

JohnKenn
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/02 21:54:02 (permalink)
Hey Craig,
You and me must be on the same wavelength. I just noticed that if you remove the last "i" and "g" and replace it with
(deleted)

Never mind, this ain't going no place good.

Please accept however my disclaimer I hope was in there somewhere. This for entertainment purposes only.
craigb
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/03 01:22:43 (permalink)
Excuse me, I just need to take a p! 

Bhav
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/03 03:04:18 (permalink)
Crapb?

bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/03 11:36:55 (permalink)
The universe is in your mind, your mind is not in the universe. Oh, and as follows, your mind isn't in your brain, your brain is in your mind. Everything we perceive is a thought in our mind. And while we may believe we have memories and documents of a past, they were only created now.

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
craigb
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/03 16:55:05 (permalink)
bwbalint
The universe is in your mind, your mind is not in the universe. Oh, and as follows, your mind isn't in your brain, your brain is in your mind. Everything we perceive is a thought in our mind. And while we may believe we have memories and documents of a past, they were only created now.

I've heard this referred to as "the Big Bang happens every moment."

JohnKenn
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/03 23:04:54 (permalink)
Craig,

No hard feelings bro, and hope I did not offend you.

Bwbalint, you have part of the equation correct, and not many do. Mind actually functions through brain, and even at that, not a lot of the potential of a developed mind can get through the glue of chemical and physical inertia to express hidden abilities we all have.

Memories of an ancient past in 99.99 percent of cases can only be surfaced in states of extreme silence. These temporary suspensions of conscious level turmoil for current primates has to be forced by means they didn't teach us in high school. Requires several years of intense discipline. The memories, which are little more than distractions on the path, begin to spontaneously arise from the crudest level of mentation that is active during deep sleep.

John
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: I opted out of reincarnation 2017/05/03 23:08:51 (permalink)
For the record...

JohnKenn is a weirdo... but a weirdo who knows how to bring teh funnay.

Some of the more hamfisted n00bs could learn a thing or two from him.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1