Is Nuendo still 20-40% Better than Sonar ??

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
sani
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 300
RE: Is Nuendo still 20-40% Better than Sonar ?? 2005/09/15 08:21:26 (permalink)
I really can't understand someone buying sequoia. All that money for what?

Look, nuendo and sequoia have features that are important and necesarry for film/video production and postproduction. That's the reason why sonar is nowhere near to nuendo or sequoia. But this is not a downside. A lot of people use nuendo without even knowing, why did they pay 1400 $ over the price of cubase or another program.
Regarding sequoia, you absolutely do not need an external audioeditor and a cd mastering program not to mention the plug-ins and countless other features.

It is simply oriented to a different market than sonar or cubase. To each his own. I'm not into filmproduction but as a stupid example: how much does a pro-filmcamera costs? I guess it is ten times more than the price of sequoia! Can you do a movie with one camera? Probably not.
thunderkyss
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1207
RE: Is Nuendo still 20-40% Better than Sonar ?? 2005/09/15 09:46:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: sani

I really can't understand someone buying sequoia. All that money for what?

Look, nuendo and sequoia have features that are important and necesarry for film/video production and postproduction. That's the reason why sonar is nowhere near to nuendo or sequoia.
and so, the question is aske, "for what?" what features??
But this is not a downside. A lot of people use nuendo without even knowing, why did they pay 1400 $ over the price of cubase or another program.
ain't that the truth. I've been to two professional studios using Nuendo, when I asked why they spent the money they did on Nuendo, I couldn't get a straight answer. Neither studio did any post work to the best of my knowledge.

Regarding sequoia, you absolutely do not need an external audioeditor and a cd mastering program not to mention the plug-ins and countless other features.

Fair point, but what's the value here?? You can download the same wave editing and cd authoring & mastering features and plugins, from Magix' website, for $40. Look for the e-version of Audio Studio. It's also available in an app called Magix' Midi Studio 2005 of which, I paid $70 for @ Bestbuy, but I hear CDA is offering the product for $28 with a $28 rebate.

It is simply oriented to a different market than sonar or cubase. To each his own. I'm not into filmproduction but as a stupid example: how much does a pro-filmcamera costs? I guess it is ten times more than the price of sequoia! Can you do a movie with one camera? Probably not.

If you were to ask the pro film maker about his camera, he'll tell you about the lens, the pixel count, the I/O, the accessories available, and the reliability, which is usually reflective of the materials that are used to make the camera.....all that are made of this material, or that which adds value to the camera. This particular lense alone may be worth $2000, gold/platinum/silver/or copper contacts will make a particular camera more expensive than the next. etc.......
I'm not knocking anyones choice for using what ever app they wish. I know many people who use one app for tracking audio, another for composing, another to edit midi, and another to edit audio. Heck Sonar users have to use another program to author a CD. heck, if you need 4 point crossfade editing, and can only get it in Sequoia, then you've got no choice but to get Sequoia. Even if you choose Nuendo, Samplitude, or Sequioa because of their work flow,and UI paradigms, that's fine. If that workflow is Worth $1000, to $3000, then by all means use it. But say that is why you use it.

Don't tell us it's the stability. thousands of people use Sonar, with no stability issues whatsoever.
Don't tell us it's the sound quality, even though you use the same MOTU, M-Audio, Presonus etc...that we do.
Don't tell us it's the host of features, but not add one useful feature to our feature list.

Try not to use as your argument "It is simply oriented to a different market than sonar or cubase.", because that just sounds like they've upped the price, but didn't add any new functionality to the software.
post edited by thunderkyss - 2005/09/15 09:55:26

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1