Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who get Sonar X2 ?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 18:58:54 (permalink)
In regard to Garritan, I only have the version that comes with DP, but they complement them well.  Actually, they have an attack that I've been looking for, especially the cellos.  One could do a decent rendition of Eleanor Rigby with these strings.  For the type of rock and pop music that I do, they will suffice.
jb101

Lynn

I just downloaded the strings and played with them a bit, and I can officially say that they fill a niche in my Dim Pro toolbox.  I'm quite impressed, though I know they're not Vienna Symphony quality, they offer something I didn't have before.  It just makes X2 all the better.
Had a listen on the demo.  How would you say they compare to Garritan, for example.? I understand that they're not up to Vienna Symphony, but to compare them to F.M. strings from the eighties ?!?..  Incomprehensible

They sounded okay to me.  For free, they sounded great.

Beepster

@Lynn... Definitely happy about a nice bonus like that and even if it isn't exactly what I envisioned I will certainly make use of it. Just wasn't exactly what I thought it was which is more my ignorance on various soft syths than a statement on the software. As I said that is an extremely popular tone these days so it is by no means a bad tool. Not complaining ya'll... not complaining.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
kevo
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1038
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 19:00:35 (permalink)
James_S

Just another thing I'd like to clarify. Would those who recently upgraded (in August ) to X1 production suite ( from expanded in my case) still be eligible for the strings bonus, and would they get x2 early?

Cheers
James

Free Strings is a for sure No as it is only for those who update now thru end of month.
Early DL for Sonar X2 is an almost for certain No. Free upgrades won't be until after the normal release date when you will receive an email with DL information. 

jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 19:14:59 (permalink)
Beepster

@jb101... Yeah, the demo does. I'm sure it could do far more than that but the DX7 really was my first thought listening to it. And there ain't nothin' wrong with the DX7. I plan on using it quite often once I'm set up a little better but I know I'm not gonna get an authentic symphony or chamber music tone out of it. I was just hoping this package might come close to that level of realism. We'll see. If they truly are pure samples then layering the single string versions should do what I am describing. I'll have it soon enough and I'm certainly not complaining... just stating what my ears are telling me from the demo. Cheers.
I'm not "Biggin' Up"" the DSF strings. Nor am I "Dissin'" the DX7.  They both have there uses.  I still have a TX816 somewhere..

Just thought the comparison was odd.  It's like comparing "Cheese" and "A small, off duty, Czechoslovakian Traffic Warden".

If you want good, realistic strings, with many articulations, then you have to pay..

Sonar Platinum
g_randybrown
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3522
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 19:46:56 (permalink)
Beepster

@Randy... Good to know. Do you have this package? As I said I'm sure it can do far more than the demo suggests. Sounds like someone just set their controller to trigger the 10 string versions and had at 'er.
No sir I don't but I did notice in the demo that they seemed to not have much (or any) processing happening (and close miked) ....and remember a violin playing raw/live/up close can sound quite harsh...IMHO

G. Randy Brown 
Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
Intel Core i7-3770S
Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
two WD Black 1 TB HDD
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
youtube.com/crystalclearnm
MrMook
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 589
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 20:53:41 (permalink)
I cannot get Symphonic Strings to extract. It just sits there and says "5 seconds left"

Can anyone tell me what the size of your download was?

Mine was 1,367,326 KB.

Running Win 7, 64 bit if that makes any difference.

Dave- 

SONAR Platinum

Intel i7 4790 360 GHz , 32 GB RAM, SR-22, UA-25EX, Win 7 x64, Too many Vsts and Effects.
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 21:27:57 (permalink)
James_S

Just another thing I'd like to clarify. Would those who recently upgraded (in August ) to X1 production suite ( from expanded in my case) still be eligible for the strings bonus, and would they get x2 early?

Cheers
James

I asked this during the Webinar and got a resounding NO from Robin.  The DSF download is ONLY for those who buy
today through whenever they decide to end the offer.

Would have been nice since, technically, WE are the TRUE early adopters....but to the "Executive" mucky mucks and bean counters, the ones who buy during their "Promo" are early adopters...which is really bass ackwards since we UPGRADED to get it first...but, that IS the corporate world......tell 'em whatever and let the cards fall where they may...

AND we, as the TRUE ealy adopters should get the download BEFORE they do...since we did the do to get the upgrade FIRST!

But, again, because we upgraded first, we'll get screwed....as I said..tell 'em whatever.....and HI DEE HO!

Don't get me wrong...I'm grateful....just know how this game plays out.....all the time....over and over... 

Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 21:41:34 (permalink)
Well... as much as I'd like to see everyone get the deal you have to understand a guy like me will be paying an extra $200 to upgrade to X2 from the Production Suite as opposed to those who jumped on the X1 Suite to X2 deal. Seriously I paid $500+ for the Suite and will be paying another $100 for X2 and I only bought X1 in May. Those who got the Suite + Upgrade deal are getting it for $400. The DSF package is taking a bit of the sting away from that.
cclarry
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 21:49:08 (permalink)
Beepster

Well... as much as I'd like to see everyone get the deal you have to understand a guy like me will be paying an extra $200 to upgrade to X2 from the Production Suite as opposed to those who jumped on the X1 Suite to X2 deal. Seriously I paid $500+ for the Suite and will be paying another $100 for X2 and I only bought X1 in May. Those who got the Suite + Upgrade deal are getting it for $400. The DSF package is taking a bit of the sting away from that.
The upgrade to Producer X2 from Production Suite is only $99, so I don't know WHERE you get $200?

And, as I said, TECHNICALLY SPEAKING, since we were the FIRST TO JUMP ON THE X2 BANDWAGON,
WE are the TRUE early adopters...NOT THOSE WHO BUY IT TODAY.....Just a FACT...not debatable.
AND don't you think that WE ALL PAID THAT PRICE TOO?  $399 for Producer and $100 for The Suite?

Honestly ...WHERE IS THE REAL DIFFERENCE?  Just curious?

Oops...answered my own question...because we chose to be the FIRST to jump on the X2 bandwagon....we're not paying the $99...there's the difference....to the Executive Mucky Mucks and Bean Counters...

And I don't even CARE about the DSF thing....I care about the fact that because they sucked an EXTRA $99 out of you guys...
you're getting an EARLY ADOPTER special early delivery....and WE are the real Early Adpoters, because X2 is THE REASON we upgraded...

post edited by cclarry - 2012/09/05 21:56:14

cclarry
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 22:01:00 (permalink)
I'm content...I get my X2 upgrade....and Zeta 2.1 for a buck...

So all is well with the world...

Enjoy...Just let the truth be the truth...

Even though in the Corporate world...the TRUTH is what WE SAY (pay) it is!

Cheers!

cclarry
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 22:19:22 (permalink)
Just to clarify...

My problem is NOT with the offer...it's great...

It's with the WORDING....

SPECIAL OFFER FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

WE, those of us who purchased the UPGRADE to get X2 are
the EARLY ADOPTERS...Not those who are buying it now...

It's corporate mumbo jumbo way of saying..THANKS FOR GIVING US THAT
EXTRA $100!!!

AND the SIMPLE thing to do would have been to say

BUY YOUR X2 UPGRADE BETWEEN X and Y AND GET Z
then all wording problems GO AWAY..THAT is good marketing!

Now if they were to say...those who upgraded FIRST 
(being those of us who bought upgrades to get X2) will get their
upgrades FIRST....THEN I wouldn't have said a word...

BUT I'm sure others would have...

Cheers!

keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 22:24:01 (permalink)
Only issue I hear with those strings is some obvious machine gun on the spiccato. Might be able to apply some filter modulation in dim pro to break that up a bit, either in the patch itself, or via track automation. Also, since the sample content is WAV files, anybody w/ kontakt, for example, could remap their own patches and layers, apply a machine gun script, etc. to get more life out of the samples. For a freebie it sounds pretty good to me...
Beepster
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 22:59:29 (permalink)
@CCLarry... I think you may have followed my math (maybe not... I am confused by your edits). I am talking about the Suite, not just Producer. For the Suite I paid $500 in May. It went on special shortly after for $400. That's $100. My upgrade price is $100. That is $200. I am content with the upgrade price considering all the extra stuff that will be coming with X2. However basically I missed out on getting the X2 "Suite" for $400 by a couple of months. You can see how the free upgrade to X2 for the REALLY late adopters of X1 (which is how you should be looking at it) getting a better deal might be a bit of a sore point for someone like me. I'm trying to look at this as positively as I can in that they are giving me something worth $150 for paying the premium when I did. Personally I would have preferred an $80-100 credit on my Cake account to snag stuff I really need but I'll take what I can. Hopefully that makes sense.
Beepster
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 23:08:37 (permalink)
@Keith... Just thought from the description I'd get a little more bow/body resonance. It's quite possible I will once I get to play with it. It really does sound to me like the demo might have been using the 5-10 string settings which would definitely give a more synthy sound due to the sheer accuracy of it. As I said I'd likely layer the single instrument versions and with the right performance/automation I may be able to get that chamber music type feel I want. I have a feeling the demo does not do the program justice at all. Does anyone actually have this program that can shed some light on the topic? Not that it really matters because I'm gonna have it soon anyway but I'm just curious. And really guys... I'm happy with this. All of it. I really am amped up to get at X2.
cliffr
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 539
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 23:14:46 (permalink)
cclarry

Just to clarify...

EXTRA $100!!!

Cheers!
Na, you're not an "Early Adopter" at all.

You waited until X1 was almost "End of Life", and then jumped on to get a free upgrade to X2.

That, my friend is "Last Minute Adoption".

Early adoption, means those who bought or upgraded "Early" ... not Late like you have.

An "Early Adopter", is someone who bought or upgraded to X1 when it was released, not when it was ending :-)

I don't understand how you can think of yourself as an early adopter when you've waited out a whole release cycle, and only bought the version that's ending NOW, to avoid paying a bigger upgrade (well ... any upgrade price) to the yet to be released X2.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers - Cliff

i7-950 24 GB, GTX 580, W7/64 Ultimate, Sonar Platinum, Alesis MasterControl, KRK Rokit RP8g2s
Some Real piano, basses, and guitars, Komplete 8Ultimate, Ibanez guitars, MusicLab RG/Strat/LPC, Trilian, Omnisphere, RMX, EWQL SO Platinum, Pianos, Choirs, VOP, Gypsy, Goliath, SD2, MOR, Ra, HS, HB, too many plugs, Midi controllers, and all kinds of weird gadgets
My Soundclick Page 
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 23:34:05 (permalink)
I am most definitely not going to be an early adopter for X2. This time around I'll wait for the patches and see where windows 8 goes. The thought of a new version and a new O/S at the same time makes me nervous.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 23:37:48 (permalink)
No word yet on whether or not those of us who bought X1 Producer in full recently to get the free upgrade to X2 will be entitled to Symphonic Strings. Although from what I've read above, I'm guessing it's going to be a "no." 

To be honest though, I do feel like an early adopter. The only reason I bought X1 was because they said look, you buy X1 now and we'll upgrade you to X2 for free. If that offer didn't exist, I would have waited for X2 to come out and yes, bought it pre-sale. It's not like I was without a DAW, I would have been quite happy plodding along with Pro Tools until X2 came out. But they enticed me to buy X1 with that offer, so I thought why not, let's buy into Sonar now. I figure they made the X1 upgrade offer for the same reason why they do a pre-sale - to reap some of the X2 cash before it comes out. What I was buying, in essence, was X2. Everyone who bought X1 for the free upgrade was actually pre-buying X2. Therefore, I do feel like we should get the freebie. 

It's not as if I'm going to lose sleep over it...and it's certainly not a deal breaker. But you know what it feels like when a freebie slips through your fingers....
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 23:43:33 (permalink)
They are still going to bump you guys up to X2 for free- no need to fret :) They never said you were going to get some string pack for free before you decided to buy. What's the problem?

Think about it. The true X1 early adopters such as myself bought X1 at launch for a higher price and don't get X2 for free- we get it for $99. So the string pack is a cool little incentive for us true "Early Adopters". 

A1MixMan
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1706
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/05 23:52:55 (permalink)
Beepster

@Lynn... Definitely happy about a nice bonus like that and even if it isn't exactly what I envisioned I will certainly make use of it. Just wasn't exactly what I thought it was which is more my ignorance on various soft syths than a statement on the software. As I said that is an extremely popular tone these days so it is by no means a bad tool. Not complaining ya'll... not complaining.
I'll take anything for free with the following disclaimer: 

~Digital Sound Factory Symphonic Strings is a collection of string ensembles recorded in the amazing Saint Thomas Cathedral at Bastyr University in Northern Washington State in the US. Four pairs of microphones, both on stage and in the hall, were used to capture various size sections that are recombined in Dimension. Each of the sections (Basses/Celli/Violas/Violins) is assigned to an element allowing full control of the mix. Included are Large Ensembles, Small Ensembles, Individual Sections, Cinematic, and Effects.

HI DEFINITION instrument samples recorded at 24-bit resolution, each pitch, and programmed for the ultimate clarity and realism~

I'm sure I can make them sound alot better than that demo. Hey Cakewalk, get a new highres demo!

A1
Beepster
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 00:15:59 (permalink)
Yeah... the description does not really match up with the demo. Meh. I'm sure it'll be awesome.
James_S
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 54
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 02:44:25 (permalink)
backwoods

They are still going to bump you guys up to X2 for free- no need to fret :) They never said you were going to get some string pack for free before you decided to buy. What's the problem?

Think about it. The true X1 early adopters such as myself bought X1 at launch for a higher price and don't get X2 for free- we get it for $99. So the string pack is a cool little incentive for us true "Early Adopters". 

Yes it does look like the answer will be no to my question, and I'm ok with that - it would be nice to hear it officially, as the wording of the advertising has a certainly been confusing ( such as why the offers run until the end of October etc. )

I should also point out that I bought X1 producer the moment it came out and only upgraded to production suite to get the X2 upgrade and hoped that I'd get some mileage out of the included extras. I've not lost out at all, really :)
Andrew Rossa
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1910
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 02:49:54 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey

Andrew, if you're still reading this, myself and 1 or 2 other overseas customers are in a bit of a quandary as to which route to adopt.

I'd like to take advantage of the pre-order and get the Symphonic Strings freebie - but this ties me into only having the download version, and I always like to have the DVD version, because I'm totally paranoid  

Ordinarily, I wait until the DVD version is available here in the UK (I buy from Digital Village) but they make no reference (yet) to any upgrade deals - only the full X2 @ £385

Any thoughts on a possible solution?

I suppose I could wait a couple of weeks and see if it goes up on the DV website - but is that a guarantee I'll get the SS pack?

Cheers,

Jonesey
If you want to order from DV, you will still have time to get the free DSF Symphonic Strings. We do keep your download file in your store account so if you ever need them, they are easy to access. 

Andrew Rossa
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1910
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 02:51:24 (permalink)
LANEY

So Andrew,
If I order it(TH2) this week, do I get it now? Or do I have to wait until X2 comes out?
Just wondering.
Thanks!

You'll get it today if your order. The only thing you will need to wait on is the SONAR X2 download and the box (if you order it). Anything else you order gets delivered right away. TH2 full version is an excellent price. It retails for $199. 
Jackie
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 03:50:32 (permalink)
FAO: Andrew Rossa

I already have Sonar X1 Producer, Expanded and the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier.

Could you please confirm that if I upgrade to Sonar X1 Production Suite this month, I will qualify not only for the 1 day early release of X2 but also for the free DSF Symphonic Strings HD by virtue of the free upgrade from X1 to X2 here: http://www.cakewalk.com/page.aspx/Free-SONAR-X2-upgrade  ?

Many thanks
post edited by Jackie - 2012/09/06 05:34:10
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 04:01:41 (permalink)
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk
]

Bristol_Jonesey

Andrew, if you're still reading this, myself and 1 or 2 other overseas customers are in a bit of a quandary as to which route to adopt.

I'd like to take advantage of the pre-order and get the Symphonic Strings freebie - but this ties me into only having the download version, and I always like to have the DVD version, because I'm totally paranoid  

Ordinarily, I wait until the DVD version is available here in the UK (I buy from Digital Village) but they make no reference (yet) to any upgrade deals - only the full X2 @ £385

Any thoughts on a possible solution?

I suppose I could wait a couple of weeks and see if it goes up on the DV website - but is that a guarantee I'll get the SS pack?

Cheers,

Jonesey
If you want to order from DV, you will still have time to get the free DSF Symphonic Strings. We do keep your download file in your store account so if you ever need them, they are easy to access. 

Thanks Andrew.

After thinking about it for at least a second or 2 last night, I decided to bite the bullet and went ahead & pre-ordered X2 just to get my hands on the SS pack.

I can always burn my X2 downloads to a DVD

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
TabSel
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 284
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 06:41:29 (permalink)
Jackie

I already have Sonar X1 Producer, Expanded and the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier.

Could you please confirm that if I upgrade to Sonar X1 Production Suite this month, I will qualify not only for the 1 day early release of X2 but also for the free DSF Symphonic Strings HD by virtue of the free upgrade from X1 to X2 here: http://www.cakewalk.com/page.aspx/Free-SONAR-X2-upgrade  ?

Many thanks
Once I emailed Cakewalk Order Support, which replied (2012/08/23):
"...If you waited to upgrade when it (X2) was released, it would cost you €99.00.  If you upgraded to the Production Suite for €80 today, you would add the Expander/Gate and Z3TA+2 as well as qualify for the free X2 upgrade.  There is no "early adopter" discount as far as I know..."

I replied (2012/08/23): "...In the price announcement, there is: '...we also have a special offer for early adopters, which we will let you know about once we start taking orders...'..."

Cakewalk Order Support replied: "...That has yet to be revealed. It will most likely not be an additional monetary discount. Those prices listed will be the upgrade prices. It could be some sort of additional free download, but you'll get that wether you wait to get X2 or get the Production Suite now..."

Due to this information, I upgraded to X1 production Suite, knowing I'll qualify for the free upgrade to X2 Producer, as well as getting "that", the early adopters' special, which could be some sort of additional free download.

2012/09/05 Cakewalk revealed the "early adopters special": the free download of Symphonic Strings, for people who take advantage of the Pre-Sale.

I felt kind of Cakewalk tricked on me, so I replied the Cakewalk Order Support (2012/09/05):
"...due to your mailed info: '...you'll get that (early adopters special) wether you wait to get X2 or get the Production Suite now...' I bought Production Suite. As the early adopters special is revealed - DSF Strings - it seems to me that only buyers of the X2 pre-sale get it? I hope I'm wrong on this?..."

And I still get no reply. Also, it seems Andrew is kind of shy of answering here in this very thread...?

WTF? If really feel kind of lied to!!!

Cakewalk?
cclarry
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 07:49:01 (permalink)
cliffr

cclarry

Just to clarify...

EXTRA $100!!!

Cheers!
Na, you're not an "Early Adopter" at all.

You waited until X1 was almost "End of Life", and then jumped on to get a free upgrade to X2.

That, my friend is "Last Minute Adoption".

Early adoption, means those who bought or upgraded "Early" ... not Late like you have.

An "Early Adopter", is someone who bought or upgraded to X1 when it was released, not when it was ending :-)

I don't understand how you can think of yourself as an early adopter when you've waited out a whole release cycle, and only bought the version that's ending NOW, to avoid paying a bigger upgrade (well ... any upgrade price) to the yet to be released X2.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers - Cliff

Completely and untterly incorrect Cliff...

I bought X1 when it FIRST Came out.....I JUST UPGRADED TO PRODUCTION SUITE FROM PRODUCER EXPANDED
LAST MONTH...

FOR THAT VERY REASON....TO BE THE EARLY ADOTPER....

You have your facts COMPLETELY ASCUE MR!!!  Speaking about things that you have NO IDEA ABOUT!!!
Cheers

cclarry
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 07:51:10 (permalink)
PS...

PLEASE SEE THE POST DIRECTLY ABOVE THIS ONE FOR
FURTHER INFORMATION...

Thanx

Cheers!

cclarry
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 08:14:02 (permalink)
TabSel

Jackie

Many thanks
Once I emailed Cakewalk Order Support, which replied (2012/08/23):
"...If you waited to upgrade when it (X2) was released, it would cost you €99.00.  If you upgraded to the Production Suite for €80 today, you would add the Expander/Gate and Z3TA+2 as well as qualify for the free X2 upgrade.  There is no "early adopter" discount as far as I know..."

I replied (2012/08/23): "...In the price announcement, there is: '...we also have a special offer for early adopters, which we will let you know about once we start taking orders...'..."

Cakewalk Order Support replied: "...That has yet to be revealed. It will most likely not be an additional monetary discount. Those prices listed will be the upgrade prices. It could be some sort of additional free download, but you'll get that wether you wait to get X2 or get the Production Suite now..."

Due to this information, I upgraded to X1 production Suite, knowing I'll qualify for the free upgrade to X2 Producer, as well as getting "that", the early adopters' special, which could be some sort of additional free download.

2012/09/05 Cakewalk revealed the "early adopters special": the free download of Symphonic Strings, for people who take advantage of the Pre-Sale.

I felt kind of Cakewalk tricked on me, so I replied the Cakewalk Order Support (2012/09/05):
"...due to your mailed info: '...you'll get that (early adopters special) wether you wait to get X2 or get the Production Suite now...' I bought Production Suite. As the early adopters special is revealed - DSF Strings - it seems to me that only buyers of the X2 pre-sale get it? I hope I'm wrong on this?..."

And I still get no reply. Also, it seems Andrew is kind of shy of answering here in this very thread...?

WTF? If really feel kind of lied to!!!

Cakewalk?

THIS is the perfect example of what I stated earlier..

Tell them whatever to get them to buy...and screw 'em later...

WA WA WEE WEE...

Just to further add insult to injury...I've been emailing Customer Support about this
and the fact that they didn't show all my orders in my account (which they FINALLY - about a week ago - got fixed )
and the fact while I have been an X1 user from the onset, and have orderd just about everything they sell
I STILL DON'T GET THEIR EMAIL NOTICES...

I was assured by Customer Service Rep Dean that this had been rectified...

YET..

I'm STILL not getting the emails....

And I know there are a LOT of others here in the same boat...

Corporations will tell you anything to appease you....
But what they actually do is an entirely different matter altogether..

Just the fact that Andrew has neither responded to my posts or to
Tab Sel....and the fact that customer service has not even responded
to my request to buy Physical Media, that I am entitled to because
of being the REAL earlier adopter, contrary to the story that Cliff has
made up in his mind...., tells me a WHOLE LOT...

Contrary to what Cliff wants to believe, and what Cake wants to SAY..
We, who bought upgrades to get X2 first, are getting the shaft ( in a
roundabout Corporate way)

I am COMPLETELY HAPPY to be getting my upgrade for FREE....no problems there
I am COMPLETELY content that those who are ordering their X2 upgrades
between Yesterday and until the end of the offer are getting DSF Cinematic Strings...
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THAT ...as I stated earlier...it's GREAT..
And because you gentlemen PAID MORE...you deserve to get the DSF offer....
NO PROBLEM

My problem lies with Corporate Wording which is completely and totally A LIE...
Those who buy as of YESTERDAY are NOT the early Adopters...
We, who BOUGHT X1 (either FULL or UPGRADE) to get the FREE UPGRADE TO X2,
---- WE ARE THE EARLY ADOPTERS....
as GETTING X2 FIRST WAS THE COMPLETE AND TOTAL INCENTIVE TO PURCHASE!!!
YOU ARE THE SECONDARY ADOPTERS....not the EARLY ones.....FACTS ARE FACTS....
and they are INDISPUTABLE....

To a Corporation...it's ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS...not about the Customer...
As I have stated time and time again....it's some very POOR Marketing Wording,
for which the Cake is NOTORIOUS....and they always back peddle later...
That is really bad business....but it is BUSINESS....as usual....

Cheers!

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 09:33:21 (permalink)
MrMook

I cannot get Symphonic Strings to extract. It just sits there and says "5 seconds left"

Can anyone tell me what the size of your download was?

Mine was 1,367,326 KB.

Running Win 7, 64 bit if that makes any difference.

I had the same issue. I re-downloaded it and then worked fine. The compressed size is the same as you note however the decompressed size is 1,366,572kb plus another 390kb for the pdf file.

I had no difference between the 2 file sizes but something must have gotten corrupted.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
konradh
Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3325
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 10:28:33 (permalink)
Where can I hear an audio demo of DSF Symphonic Strings?  I have Vienna and Hollywood and was thinking of adding Adagio.  (I really like strings.)
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1