Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who get Sonar X2 ?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 10:31:16 (permalink)

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

cliffr
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 539
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 20:52:24 (permalink)
cclarry

cliffr

cclarry

Just to clarify...

My problem is NOT with the offer...it's great...

It's with the WORDING....

SPECIAL OFFER FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

WE, those of us who purchased the UPGRADE to get X2 are
the EARLY ADOPTERS...Not those who are buying it now...

It's corporate mumbo jumbo way of saying..THANKS FOR GIVING US THAT
EXTRA $100!!!

AND the SIMPLE thing to do would have been to say

BUY YOUR X2 UPGRADE BETWEEN X and Y AND GET Z
then all wording problems GO AWAY..THAT is good marketing!

Now if they were to say...those who upgraded FIRST 
(being those of us who bought upgrades to get X2) will get their
upgrades FIRST....THEN I wouldn't have said a word...

BUT I'm sure others would have...

Cheers!
Na, you're not an "Early Adopter" at all.

You waited until X1 was almost "End of Life", and then jumped on to get a free upgrade to X2.

That, my friend is "Last Minute Adoption".

Early adoption, means those who bought or upgraded "Early" ... not Late like you have.

An "Early Adopter", is someone who bought or upgraded to X1 when it was released, not when it was ending :-)

I don't understand how you can think of yourself as an early adopter when you've waited out a whole release cycle, and only bought the version that's ending NOW, to avoid paying a bigger upgrade (well ... any upgrade price) to the yet to be released X2.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers - Cliff

Completely and untterly incorrect Cliff...

I bought X1 when it FIRST Came out.....I JUST UPGRADED TO PRODUCTION SUITE FROM PRODUCER EXPANDED
LAST MONTH...

FOR THAT VERY REASON....TO BE THE EARLY ADOTPER....

You have your facts COMPLETELY ASCUE MR!!!  Speaking about things that you have NO IDEA ABOUT!!!
Cheers

Hey cclarry,

you need to take a deep breath and stop shouting.

If there's any reason my facts were wrong, it's because YOU didn't provide them clearly in the first place.

Nowhere (bore my post) did you state that you upgraded "From X1 Expanded" to "Production Suite".

Your manners and constant shouting, coupled with a lack of clarity or care to divulge all tha facts, make it pretty hard to come to any conclusion other that what I did.

And as far as your following comment:

cclarry

Those who buy as of YESTERDAY are NOT the early Adopters...
We, who BOUGHT X1 (either FULL or UPGRADE) to get the FREE UPGRADE TO X2,
---- WE ARE THE EARLY ADOPTERS....
as GETTING X2 FIRST WAS THE COMPLETE AND TOTAL INCENTIVE TO PURCHASE!!!
YOU ARE THE SECONDARY ADOPTERS....not the EARLY ones.....FACTS ARE FACTS....
and they are INDISPUTABLE....

Here you go shouting again, and from what I see it's because you made a bad choice.
And, what you state is wrong too.
Anybody who buys from now until launch is an early adopter of X2.

How can I be a secondary adopter ?.
There was nothing for me to "Upgrade To", to get a free X2 upgrade.

Your argument and shouting is nothing more than clutching at straws. Sounds like you're full of it man.
Seems a fair bit of corporate hate in your tone and words.

You're getting what you signed up for at the time - a free upgrade to X2.

Reading betweent the lines, it seems maybe you were so desperate to save a dollar, you jumped on a "Expanded -> Production Suite" upgrade to save yourself a couple of bucks, and now you're all sour grapes because if you'd waited to see what else hit the table before X2 launch, you could have done things differently.

So instead of getting ancy nancy, giving half the story here, then shouting at other members because what you stated appears rather non-sensical, why don't you get on the phone to Cakewalk ?.

See, now what TabSel said is quite different, and he appears to have support email history to show it.

If I had "real reason" (which you obviously think you do), then that's exactly what I would do.

Maybe you should go take a chill pill before you overheat.

-Cliff

i7-950 24 GB, GTX 580, W7/64 Ultimate, Sonar Platinum, Alesis MasterControl, KRK Rokit RP8g2s
Some Real piano, basses, and guitars, Komplete 8Ultimate, Ibanez guitars, MusicLab RG/Strat/LPC, Trilian, Omnisphere, RMX, EWQL SO Platinum, Pianos, Choirs, VOP, Gypsy, Goliath, SD2, MOR, Ra, HS, HB, too many plugs, Midi controllers, and all kinds of weird gadgets
My Soundclick Page 
mattplaysguitar
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1992
Re:Is the DSF Symphonic Strings - HD Expansion For Dimension Free for all who gets Sonar X 2012/09/06 21:52:04 (permalink)
It's pretty simple, really.

If you bought X1 recently, you BOUGHT X1. As a bonus, you receive X2 for free. Yay! But you bought X1. That was your purchase. That is what your receipt should say. You are not an early adopter. You did not buy X2. You bought X1. Your personal reason MAY have infact been because you get X2 for free, but that's your personal reason. You still didn't buy X2.

Now, for people who pay for the upgrade to X2 Producer, what did you buy? X2 Producer. Therefore, as an incentive for PURCHASING X2 EARLY (thus early adopter), you get DSF Strings. It's that simple. What did you put in your cart? That's what you bought. If you buy X2 Producer early, you get a freebee. I don't get how it can be any more confusing than that.

Quick question which I do not know the answer to. If you buy the upgrade to X2 now, you get to download it a day early. We know this already. If you bought X1 back then, when your free X2 becomes available for download, does that come a day early too, or on the official release date? All it says on the Cake website is "When the new version becomes available, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download your free upgrade". If it's only up during the official first day of sale, then if anything, you guys would actually technically be LATE adopters!

Currently recording my first album, so if you like my music, please follow me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/mattlyonsmusic

www.mattlyonsmusic.com 

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1