AnsweredLockedIs the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I.P.?

Author
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
2018/02/24 23:32:04 (permalink)

Is the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I.P.?

I am wondering; Now that Cakewalk Inc. has sold off its intellectual property, as well as its Chief Technology Officer, will the customers of Cakewalk Inc. soon be able to authorize installations of software licenses, which they have purchased, without depending on access to Cakewalk Inc.'s web based server.

Access to the server has been made available by a corporation that has rapidly scuttled itself. It seems Cakewalk Inc. has a fleeting opportunity to make good on an obligation to its former customers by making 1 step offline authorization a possibility before Cakewalk Inc.'s final surge of "Going Out of Business" revenue runs dry.

Under the circumstance, I hope to soon become able to authorize current my SONAR Platinum Lifetime license conveniently with a simple 1 step offline authorization and without a need to anticipate how long Cakewalk Inc. will remain an entity with a capability and willingness too provide access to an authorization server.

Additionally, I would like to be relieved from speculation that the new owner of the "I.P.", a company whose core business is the subscription of online services, may choose to disable the ability for legacy offline SONAR users to authorize their licenses with the current 3 step offline authorization process. In other words, I do not want to depend on BandLab Technologies and its cloud services business for future authorizations of my current SONAR Platinum Lifetime license.

The time is now. I hope that Cakewalk Inc. can and will provide a 1 step offline authorization solution as a final gesture of responsibility to its legacy of licensees.

Thank you.

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Is the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I 2018/02/24 23:34:09 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Karyn 2018/02/25 08:39:24
mister happy
I am wondering; Now that Cakewalk Inc. has sold off its intellectual property, as well as its Chief Technology Officer, will the customers of Cakewalk Inc. soon be able to authorize installations of software licenses, which they have purchased, without depending on access to Cakewalk Inc.'s web based server.

Here is Noel's post about SONAR activation
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
...Activation is handled both by the application and the Cakewalk webside back end.
BandLab have acquired all assets and that includes the website and back end. So nothing is going to happen to existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. If you choose the reinstall the software the same activation process with apply as before.
If we choose to change how this is done in the future of course we're going to make sure that existing customers are not affected so there is no need for needless worry.

Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Is the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I 2018/02/25 00:09:18 (permalink)
? Paulo? so you quoted Mr Happy and?? 

There is no need now for offline authorization code because as you see the servers will remain in place. 
So move on, nothing to see here,, everything is under control and just like I guessed nothing terrible would happen to us. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Is the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I 2018/02/25 00:45:45 (permalink)
Time to move on, and out ... 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Is the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I 2018/02/25 00:53:35 (permalink)
There'll be 100 identical posts over the next couple of weeks 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
vintagevibe
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: Is the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I 2018/02/25 01:23:28 (permalink)
Noel is wrong about one thing... This is the Cakewalk forum. Needless worry is required.
jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Is the online authorization server part of Cakewalk Inc.'s skeletal remains or is it I 2018/02/25 02:20:38 (permalink)
Especially from McClueless, sorry, Mr Wippy.

BandAlexS (best new name suggested for SPLAT) will be along shortly, or should I say shirley, soon.

All these questions have been answered already, but people either can't be bothered to read the threads, or the answers they see don't fit their agenda..

Sonar Platinum
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1