AnsweredIs there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth installing?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Magic Russ
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 412
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2016/06/06 22:24:01 (permalink)
Thanks for the list.
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2016/06/06 22:32:58 (permalink)
kitekrazy1
 I can't believe they dropped Beatscape. No other DAW that I have other than Reason has anything like it. I know someone who still likes to use the Sonic Timeworks compressor that came out with 2.2XL.

Before they announced it, they hyped it up as being the ultimate most revolutionary soft synth ever.  They laid the hype on as thick as certain recent announcements.  It turned out to be a REX player.  Needless to say, there was a lot of disappointment and backlash against it.

It's fine for what it was.  It would have been even better if it could load both REX and WAV.  But it could never have lived up to the hype preceding it.

TheSteven
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2018/10/01 08:33:12 (permalink)
fret_man
This thread inspired me so I went back to Sonar 8.0 (when I first started with Sonar) and went thru the 64-bit installation process to see what plugins/instruments were available (all except X1 which I never got, but I surmised what it had based on archived web pages I found). I show them below as a picture (please excuse the poor formatting. I can't get this forum to work for me) but you can find the spreadsheet here. Please let me know if I made any errors.

The link above is old. This is the new link.

Fret_man just updated the link.
Great information.
Mudgel - maybe you could add this info (& credit to Fret_man for the info/research) to the Cakewalk resource page?

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
Bajan Blue
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2018/10/01 21:13:34 (permalink)
Hi Guys, Slightly off topic, but I have only a week or so ago, gotten round to installing Bandlab Cakewalk version.
I have already installed on my Computer, X1, X2, X3 and Platinum.
After I installed Bandalb and ran for the first time, it said on Vst scan that two new Vst's were found - has anyone any idea what they could be??? I know it sounds crazy, but because this is a pretty old machine, I have built up a "large" pool of Vst's - many not used (like 32bit versions etc) but I never seem to get round to thinning them out - I only mention this as although I've had a quick look to see what these two new Vst's might be, because of the number of them overall, I don't recognise what might be new!!!!!!
Thanks
Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

TheSteven
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2018/10/02 04:28:27 (permalink)
Might not be anything new.
The count is of items detected in scan not items successfully scanned as VSTs and placed in menus.
The count shown includes dupes, DLLs in the scan path that support VSTs but are not themselves VSTs and probably Excluded plugins as well.

There are a couple of ways to find out for sure but they are all time consuming.
post edited by TheSteven - 2018/10/02 04:50:39

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2018/10/02 04:32:35 (permalink)
TheSteven
fret_man
This thread inspired me so I went back to Sonar 8.0 (when I first started with Sonar) and went thru the 64-bit installation process to see what plugins/instruments were available (all except X1 which I never got, but I surmised what it had based on archived web pages I found). I show them below as a picture (please excuse the poor formatting. I can't get this forum to work for me) but you can find the spreadsheet here. Please let me know if I made any errors.

The link above is old. This is the new link.

Fret_man just updated the link.
Great information.

abacab produced a similar spreadsheet that goes back to SONAR 3. AFAIK, it is still on Google. Search his threads for the link.

brundlefly
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2018/10/02 05:51:08 (permalink)
scook

abacab produced a similar spreadsheet that goes back to SONAR 3. AFAIK, it is still on Google. Search his threads for the link.

http://forum.cakewalk.com...Platinum-m3600605.aspx

SONAR Platinum x64, 2x MOTU 2408/PCIe-424  (24-bit, 48kHz)
Win10, I7-6700K @ 4.0GHz, 24GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 32GB SSD Cache, GeForce GTX 750Ti, 2x 24" 16:10 IPS Monitors
Bajan Blue
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Is there a list of plugins from previous Sonar versions or Cakewalk Daws worth install 2018/10/02 19:58:04 (permalink)
Steven
Thanks - well I've not missed them (as I don't know what they are!!) so I shall just ignore them......
Cheers
Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1