It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
2011/01/21 09:59:00 (permalink)

It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season?

It seems like harassing each other is the topic of the season?

I'd like to learn what other people know and have too share... but it seems that lately all most folks want to do is demonstrate what a tool they can be.

:-(

Downward spiral...

51 Replies Related Threads

spacey
    • Total Posts : 8769
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 10:27:12 (permalink)
    Mike all I really have is an opinion and haven't taken notice
    that there's more harassing.

I believe that the little confrontations I've had is just due
    to communication issues and maybe a little culture.
    And I always question what I said or how I stated my view(s) and
    most every time thought I was at least half of the problem.

Musicians are emotional. Sometimes it just takes a little spark to
    set things off.

But maybe you're leaning to "life" and or personal problems weighing in.
    Times are tuff and most of us are having to deal with that. It can surely
    effect us when we're dealing with issues that effect not only ourselves but
    our families and friends as well.

Like the Eagles sang....I think it's all about forgiveness....(and understanding.)
    The Maillard Reaction
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 10:39:28 (permalink)
    These are all good things to consider.

What I am observing is that more and more often people indulge in commenting upon their estimation of their antagonist rather than presenting contradictory info or requests for clarification in an effort to act as a protagonist for their point of view.

It seems like personal attacks have now replaced the presentation of information as justification for any disagreement.

It seems like a downward spiral.

best regards,
    mike

spacey
    • Total Posts : 8769
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 10:51:12 (permalink)
    Your perspective is based on threads that I have little to offer. Well that covers just about
    all of them really...but when my sense of humor gets better and I learn some more about...what the heck was I talking about....

Anyway Mike, maybe it's just a "for awhile" thing and not really a downward spiral. If it is though...just think, me and you won't need Outlook or whatever...we can just talk here!

Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 11:11:48 (permalink)
    I'm not getting the downward spiral feeling. If it got to where normally cool people started acting antagonistic, then there might be cause for concern, but I haven't noticed that. Keep a cool head, and keep things in perspective folks.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 11:18:37 (permalink)
    For a real downward spiraling feeling....go jump out of an airplane.... take a parachute with you.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 11:30:41 (permalink)
    rsp@odyssey.net

I'm not getting the downward spiral feeling. If it got to where normally cool people started acting antagonistic, then there might be cause for concern, but I haven't noticed that. Keep a cool head, and keep things in perspective folks.

Randy

What exactly do you mean by that, Randy?  What are you implying?  Are you talking about me???   What are you going to do about it, huh????

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 11:32:45 (permalink)
    You've been spending too much time upstairs, Mike.  I have only gone to the X1 Forum on a few occasions, and I can see where some threads devolve into flame-fests.  It's sad really. 

I think the key is to not let it get personal, and when it does, just walk away.
    Randy P
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 11:45:51 (permalink)
    Beagle

rsp@odyssey.net

Randy

What exactly do you mean by that, Randy?  What are you implying?  Are you talking about me???   What are you going to do about it, huh????

See Mike, this is exactly what I'm talking about. It's the normal folks we should be concerned about. The obviously unstable folks like Beagle just can't help themselves. It's the constant paranoia and confrontational attitudes that set them apart from the rest of us normal folks.

Randy

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    Beagle
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 12:06:00 (permalink)
    rsp@odyssey.net

Beagle

rsp@odyssey.net

Randy

See Mike, this is exactly what I'm talking about. It's the normal folks we should be concerned about. The obviously unstable folks like Beagle just can't help themselves. It's the constant paranoia and confrontational attitudes that set them apart from the rest of us normal folks.

Randy

HA!

Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 13:45:58 (permalink)
    I'm not getting the downward spiral feeling. If it got to where normally cool people started acting antagonistic, then there might be cause for concern, but I haven't noticed that.

This is the correct view and if anybody speaks against it, it is because they suck now, they sucked before and they will doubtless continue to suck well into the future.

So, Mike just quit whining already willya!

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    marcos69
    Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4950
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 13:54:48 (permalink)
    Blow it out your a-hole.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 14:04:04 (permalink)
    At the end of the day, it's all opinions. We are all wrong about everything.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 14:09:31 (permalink)
    If we started taking ourselves or each other seriously, this place would go downhill even faster than it's already going....

In the words of that famous blues musician... I been down so %$^ long, that it looks like up to me.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 18:03:53 (permalink)
    It's funny how attitudes seem to communicate over the internet. A place where intent should be a sterile thing unless it is spoken directly. Indirect inferences incite confusion, while not direct and immediately abusive or contrary, they add a mistrust of intent and the spiraling effect occurs. At some point the confused intent reachs the personal level on both sides and the discussion is diverted to two peoples personal-emotional agenda. At that point it's usually impossible to reason with either party or return the thread to it's original purpose which was, to find out how this thing works. 

Craig DuBuc
    DeeS
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 228
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 19:08:13 (permalink)
    Screw you guys. ( In my Cartman voice) 

I'm out a here.

just kidding of course.

Vista Business x64 Service pack 2 - Intel Xeon X5472 @ 3.0 GHz processors (2) Quad Core - 8.0 GB ram  -  Creative SB X-Fi  -  Nvidia Quadro 5600  -  Sonar 8.5 & X1a Producer
    The problem with perfection is that it has no limits. Normally, once you obtain perfection, you realize how it could be better. David Gibson - The Art of Mixing
    Middleman
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4397
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 20:33:11 (permalink)
    I'm done with the X1 forum for awhile. Took a few lumps, gave a few lumps, in the end it was a pointless excercise.

I dislike some of you, the rest I think are cool. You know who you are.

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 20:48:04 (permalink)
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    trimph1
    Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6348
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 21:22:02 (permalink)
    half and half megh....

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
    Beagle
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 21:46:06 (permalink)
    Middleman

I'm done with the X1 forum for awhile. Took a few lumps, gave a few lumps, in the end it was a pointless excercise.

I dislike some of you, the rest I think are cool. You know who you are.

no, I don't know.  please tell me.  am I one of the ones you dislike???? 

Middleman
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 22:00:18 (permalink)
    No. You are a reasonable soul and well liked by all.

Randy P
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 22:03:39 (permalink)
    Middleman

Speak for yourself pal!

Randy

Beagle
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 22:04:18 (permalink)
    Middleman

HAHA!  boy have I got some people fooled!!!

I was just joking, MM, I didn't think you thought ill of me.

But I DO have my share of "altercations."  I'm sure strummy and JB and a few others can give me a witness on that! 

Beagle
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 22:07:02 (permalink)
    what?  did someone I might have blocked say something?

Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 22:17:51 (permalink)
    There's only 1 person on this entire forum who I don't like, and I haven't blocked him. I told him off recently which is something I rarely do, but I have never blocked anyone. I'm not saying anything bad about blocking and I completely understand why some choose to do it. I have the attention span of ... sorry, what was I saying? Anyway, once I shut down the forum page whatever has been said is usually gone and forgotten almost immediately.

Sometimes people just rub you the wrong way and there's nothing you can do about it.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    Middleman
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/21 22:31:17 (permalink)
    rsp@odyssey.net

Middleman

Speak for yourself pal!

Randy

LOL. Sorry I guess that was presumptuous given the current climate.

Jonbouy
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/22 03:17:49 (permalink)
    Pffft

Being liked or disliked matters not to the Bouy!

Being liked or disliked is a mere by-product of a far more durable deep seated belief in oneself and acting with honour and dignity in light of the truth of who I am in any given circumstance.

I'm really proud to be Napoleon Bonaparte today, I much prefer it to the days when I'm Julius Caeser and I know I get unbearable on a Genghis Khan kind of day.

The Maillard Reaction
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/22 07:59:21 (permalink)
    Genghis Khan instituted public education in his empire... made trade routes safe for travelers... and learned the best ideas from every culture he destroyed.

Of course he chopped off a lot of heads too.

I guess I see your point.

:-)

Jonbouy
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/22 08:14:48 (permalink)
    Of course he chopped off a lot of heads too.

Usually for their own good you understand.  Always thinking of others our Genghis.

The Maillard Reaction
    Re:It seems like harrasssing each other is the topic of the season? 2011/01/22 08:17:02 (permalink)
    Read a bio about him last year... it was fascinating.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1