Helpful ReplyJam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Marshall
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 602
2017/08/27 07:39:40 (permalink)

Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED

I have the latest version of Sonar Platinum, and on the basis of a rave review by Paul White in September’s Sound on Sound, I have bought MIDI Guitar 2. First impressions are excellent, however, I wonder if there is a bug (or if it’s me).

• I insert a new audio track, put an instance of MIDI Guitar 2 in the effects bin, and switch on input echo.
  • Select “Enable MIDI output” from the VST2 dropdown arrow in the GUI’s header
  • Insert a new MIDI track as a simple instrument track with MIDI output enabled – say Dim Pro, then ensure the MIDI track is selected.
  • At this point I can hear the output from Dim Pro perfectly
  • If I hit record enable on the MIDI track, the output from Dim Pro is lost. Switching record enable back off makes no difference – no sound.
  • If I hit record, the MIDI data is recorded – but that’s no good if I cannot hear what I am recording.

As an aside, I am also hearing the Dim Pro sound mixed with my unprocessed guitar signal – not sure how to kill the latter.

I have contacted the developer, but any ideas meantime?

Thanks. 

NOW SOLVED - Just had to change the input on the MIDI track to MIDI Guitar 2 Omni - doh! 
post edited by Marshall - 2017/08/27 09:20:07
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 12:33:12 (permalink)
I'm real happy for you that you solved it ...Midi Guitar Rocks

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Marshall
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 12:46:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby wetdentist 2017/08/31 19:51:38
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I agree Kenny. I bought You Rock Guitar about four years ago and thought that was good, but this is miles better. Get to play a proper guitar and I don't have the embarrassment of having something that looks like a cheap plastic toy in the studio...even though it was clever. 
kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 13:42:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Marshall 2017/08/27 16:20:17
Marshall
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I agree Kenny. I bought You Rock Guitar about four years ago and thought that was good, but this is miles better. Get to play a proper guitar and I don't have the embarrassment of having something that looks like a cheap plastic toy in the studio...even though it was clever. 

I have been using Midi Guitar for around 5 years now . I love it ...

I use it a little differently than most folks do I run it standalone in both PC and Mac and then I send it to my DAW.....
On a Mac that is super easy to accomplish ...On a PC it requires an app that works as a virtual midi cable .
I use this free app on my PC's   https://www.tobias-erichs...software/loopmidi.html

I found out a long time ago that Midi Guitar works best when you can set the buffer size in Midi Guitar to a smaller size ...64 , 128 , or 256 is where I like to run it at...
While using Midi Guitar inside of SONAR as synth enabled , the brick wall I have kept hitting is I can't run SONAR with those type of buffer settings on my PC's ...also I usually add midi Guitar parts as my song progresses in arrangement and complexity ...by that point my PC is chugging ..
My standard buffer size in SONAR is 512 ...Synth enabled is SONAR ... Midi Guitar throws up a warning .
So what I do is I start loop Midi first , then I open up Midi Guitar and use loop Midi as my output ...
I run it bare bones w a tuner and it looks like this inside of SONAR ...When I want to record Midi Guitar in SONAR I just set my synth track to LOOPMIDI PORT 1

The beauty of running it this way standalone as admin patched into SONAR is I can run my Midi Guitar buffers at a much lower rate that what I'm running SONAR at ...
Midi Guitar tracks lightning fast at 128 and SONAR can run at it's own ASIO buffer setting

Hey Marshall good luck with Midi Guitar ...IMHO Midi Guitar is a godsend for us guitar players

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

S.L.I.P.
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 949
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 15:03:33 (permalink)
Will it work if I plug the guitar into my Roland QuadCapture, or do I need a separate audio/guitar interface? Thanks! 
kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 15:51:01 (permalink)
S.L.I.P.
Will it work if I plug the guitar into my Roland QuadCapture, or do I need a separate audio/guitar interface? Thanks! 

As far as I know , if you use ASIO drivers w your Roland  it should work fine .
If you have any doubts , you can always contact Jam Origin support before you try the demo or buy the plug . 
They are pretty fast with e mail responses

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

S.L.I.P.
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 16:06:34 (permalink)
Thank you very much, Kenny!
Marshall
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 17:12:54 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
S.L.I.P.

As far as I know , if you use ASIO drivers w your Roland  it should work fine .
If you have any doubts , you can always contact Jam Origin support before you try the demo or buy the plug . 
They are pretty fast with e mail responses

Kenny

Yep, as I understand it, no extra hardware is required. I just plugged my Strat into my Focusrite 6i6 as I have always done, and it worked straightaway. The tracking is incredible, I wish I'd known about this product years ago, it's a godsend for us guitar players who are rubbish at keyboards.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 18:49:38 (permalink)
S.L.I.P.
Thank you very much, Kenny!

Hey S.L.I.P. Your Welcome 
I even use Midi Guitar on two of my computers with a Yamaha USB Sound Card that doesn't even have Midi ...
As far as I 'm concerned The Jam Origin Midi Guitar is a Revolutionary step into the future for guitar players .
Look at how insane this is  what we have here is only the tip of the iceberg of what I have running inside mid guitar..
these two pics are only showing some of the pugs and synths..

I haven't even show the GUI with all the signal chains that I can create as custom patch's that are fully recall-able .
The custom patch's can include combinations of synths , guitar plugs or any VST plugin for that matter

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

S.L.I.P.
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 22:00:07 (permalink)
Thanks, Marshall, and thanks again Kenny!
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/27 22:44:34 (permalink)
OK, I need to sit down and try what Kenny laid out. If it really works I would LOVE using midi guitar but so far latency gets me.

I wish they would do a version for UAD so it could run as a unison plugin! :)
kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/28 06:52:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/08/28 15:57:48
OK here we go ,
There is absolutely no if , and's , and butts about it . What I am about to show you works .
I get the absolute best Results using Midi Guitar the way I'm going to show you  , not the way people suggest as per using Midi Guitar as a VST   track enabled synth ...
When I use it that way like other folks do I do it for a totally different reason.
(I will get into that at another time )...

OK here we go. For the squeamish  there are no hacks involved .This can be as easy as boiling a cup of water if you follow my directions
The only thing you may need if you don't already have it is this ...
  https://www.tobias-erichs...software/loopmidi.html

Lets begin ,
Once loop Midi has been installed you can set it up as a start up program or just like what I did here.
I placed loopmidi in in my lower task bar ..on my other computer I have it set up as a start program .
this is what it looks like when it starts up .

the next thing you need to do is to start Midi Guitar as run as admin ...
If you look closely at my pic you will see the area where you will need to set LOOPMIDI PORT 1 as your out put inside Mid Guitar.

BTW once you start Midi Guitar you can close down the loopmidi dialog box on your  desktop ...

OK that was the hardest part of this whole deal Crazy Huh ? 
All I want from you now is for you to do exactly what I am about to suggest  ....If you do what I am about to suggest you will be amazed ...that's a promise 

Open up SONAR , go to your start up menu and under templates choose Showcase Orchestral .
Create a new SONAR project using that template .

This is what you will probably see on your computer screen after having done that .

That sure looks pretty doesn't it ? Now dig this you can record all your midi using Midi Guitar from that view once you do the next thing I am about to show you ....
Lets head over into track view and unlock this puppy and have some real fun ...
See my pic , this is exactly how you set your DAW to receive Midi Data from Midi Guitar in Standalone Mode 

that's it , that's all you need to do
Dig this , you can now set all your tracks to receive Midi Guitar and have much better performance and latency  than had you placed it on a track as a synth enabled plug .
Once you have done what's in my pic for your inputs  you can go back into console view and just highlight a track to play the midi sound that is on it ... 
The can be alot of fun for grins and giggles if you want to play around getting used to playing with the sounds or if you want  You can even record from that view too...

Now If your still with me , here's the real kicker ...
Not only does this work great for SONAR , I use the same exact approach as what I'm explaining here for recording all my midi guitar playing inside of  Samplitude Pro X 2 , Ableton Live 9 , Harrison Mixbus 4 , BIAB, Traction 7 , Tracktion Waveform 8 , SONY Acid Pro 7, & Project 5 V 2.5 . This is just to name a few DAW's on the Windows side of my computing ...
Same goes for my Mac's ...this is how I use Midi Guitar in Logic 9 , GB , Tracktion 7 ,Harrison Mixbus 5 , & Ableton Live 9 ...

I'm real glad to have had the opportunity to drop a little hopefully useful info in this thread

all the best ,

Kenny

PS , once you have done this using the Orchestral Template I suggested you are now good to go ...
Use Midi Guitar anyway you want , I just wanted to make sure I showed those of you that are interested a fool proof approach and starting point for getting the results you are looking to get    

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

smallstonefan
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/28 13:27:51 (permalink)
Thanks Kenny!

Unfortunately UAD continues to be a huge pain in my ass. Midi Guitar won't recognize the Asio driver. :/ Sonarworks Systemwide used to, and it stopped about a month ago. Both Sonar and Ableton work fine.

I have to sort out this dang Asio issue to move forward - and I REALLY want to try this!
Mesh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/28 17:28:10 (permalink)
Thanks Kenny for all the details on setting that up......very helpful indeed. You mentioned this setup earlier (in another thread), but I never got to try it out.

Appreciate all the tips.....mucho grande!!   

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/28 20:30:38 (permalink)
Kenny,
I notice that you have your Focusrite Scarlett as your audio input/output in MidiGuitar 2.  Do you also use the Focusrite as the audio out in Sonar? For me, I am using a VS-100.  When it is set as the audio in/out in MidiGuitar 2, I get an error in Sonar saying that my audio device is already in use by another program.  Is that just peculiar to the VS-100?  Or is there a setting to share audio devices I am missing? Which I will look for any way!  Thanks! 

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
smallstonefan
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/28 20:56:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kennywtelejazz 2017/08/29 05:12:53
I was able to get this technique working with Ableton Live but not with Sonar. Still, WAY better tracking this way Kenny thanks! 

I'm going to play around with some settings and get this optimized. I see myself rendering the song to a file and having a very small project with that file and a synth and recording. This will require exporting the midi and/or audio and bringing back into Sonar, but I used to do the same the other direction with vocal takes so that's all good.

VERY encouraging! :)
kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/29 05:10:51 (permalink)
bwbalint
Kenny,
I notice that you have your Focusrite Scarlett as your audio input/output in MidiGuitar 2.  Do you also use the Focusrite as the audio out in Sonar? For me, I am using a VS-100.  When it is set as the audio in/out in MidiGuitar 2, I get an error in Sonar saying that my audio device is already in use by another program.  Is that just peculiar to the VS-100?  Or is there a setting to share audio devices I am missing? Which I will look for any way!  Thanks! 

I happened to lookup your interface and it seems pretty interesting . Looks like it does everything .
Control surface , sound card , portable recorder , + more ...I wonder , does that play into the reason why you are having a lot of hoops to jump through? 

Here's a few pics in this post showing what my simple set up looks like .
I'm using my 2i4 as my only sound card . All on-board Windows sound devices have been disabled .
In Midi Guitar 2 you will see that has 2 main listings on the interface tab .
There is an Audi interface & a Midi Interface tab section  .
Under Audio you will see Focusrite Scarlet ASIO listed .Under Midi output , you will see LOOPMIDI PORT 1 listed ...
I like the fact that I can set my Audio latency to a lower value then what I have SONAR set too. 
In the pic you will also see my preference setting under Audio Device as it appears in SONAR .

In my second pic I have shown what is listed under The SONAR Midi Device section.
All these settings are pretty direct and simple ...simple enough even for a guitar player like me

I wish I could offer you more help ..if you have already tried everything to the best of your knowledge .
Consider contacting Jam Origin to see what they can suggest for you to do to get you up and running with your VS-100  .

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/29 05:21:59 (permalink)
smallstonefan
I was able to get this technique working with Ableton Live but not with Sonar. Still, WAY better tracking this way Kenny thanks! 

I'm going to play around with some settings and get this optimized. I see myself rendering the song to a file and having a very small project with that file and a synth and recording. This will require exporting the midi and/or audio and bringing back into Sonar, but I used to do the same the other direction with vocal takes so that's all good.

I saw both your posts , Oh Yeah James , I'm real glad you are making progress .
This whole Midi Guitar thing can be a Whole Universe Unto itself ...

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

smallstonefan
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/29 11:30:11 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
smallstonefan

all the best,

Kenny

Kenny - we ever get to meet I owe you a drink! :) I have owned so many midi guitar devices and got rid of every single one of them - I have NEVER been able to fully enjoy the midi experience. I have had midi guitar for some time as well but again never could get acceptable latency in Sonar or Ableton.

you fixed that!

Last night I copped a buzz and just played with different synths, finally settling on Iris 2 and just clicking through the presets while playing. I had SO MUCH FUN! :) I just wrapped up my new song and I'm about to start another and it will be a new experiencing since I'll use midi guitar to start the creative process.

I know need to figure out how to incorporate this into my workflow - but that should just take a bit of experimenting.

Teaching me how to set it up this was truly a gift - THANK YOU!
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/29 15:26:45 (permalink)
My guess is that the particular drivers for the VS-100 don't allow 2 programs to use the ASIO drivers at the same time.  I did email the folks at JamOrigin, and literally got their response within 45 minutes! Here it is:

'Hi Bart,
via loopmidi will never be faster then via loaded VST, which is the fastest method for use with DAW. Setting your DAW's audio settings to 256 or beneath ( beware of CPU overlaod there) will make it respond faster.
We don't know much about invidual ASIO driver's characteristics: most ASIO drivers allow more clients as far as we know.

Best,
Paul
Jam Origin'

I did go into Win10 audio properties and uncheck 'allow applications to take exclusive control of this device', but this doesn't seem to have done everything.  

So for now I will have fun playing with JamOrigin MIDI Guitar2 as a VST in Sonar Plt.

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
Mesh
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/29 17:30:14 (permalink)
That's very interesting Bart. Obviously, Kenny's got it working well with Loopmidi.......I suppose there's a bit of testing to see what works best for us.

I'm also thinking on the same lines (regarding your 2 AI's using ASIO).......I remember reading somewhere that ASIO doesn't like to share it's drivers.  

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/29 18:39:01 (permalink)
bwbalint
My guess is that the particular drivers for the VS-100 don't allow 2 programs to use the ASIO drivers at the same time.  I did email the folks at JamOrigin, and literally got their response within 45 minutes! Here it is:

'Hi Bart,
via loopmidi will never be faster then via loaded VST, which is the fastest method for use with DAW. Setting your DAW's audio settings to 256 or beneath ( beware of CPU overlaod there) will make it respond faster.
We don't know much about invidual ASIO driver's characteristics: most ASIO drivers allow more clients as far as we know.

Best,
Paul
Jam Origin'

I did go into Win10 audio properties and uncheck 'allow applications to take exclusive control of this device', but this doesn't seem to have done everything.  

So for now I will have fun playing with JamOrigin MIDI Guitar2 as a VST in Sonar Plt.

I'm sorry you were having a problem . I'm real happy for you that you contacted Jam Origin to solve it .

I have corresponded with Ole K...for all my Midi Guitar needs over the  years . I'm sorry I do not know Paul..

Now, it is very possible that Paul's  statement is entirely correct provided the person that is using Midi Guitar is running A Pro Level or close to a Pro Level computer for their DAW  . Lets say at least an i 7 and up w an SD H.D.  w lots of RAM and a solid ASIO interface .

The personal computers I own and run currently do not meet the level of pro level quality computers optimized for DAW use only .
I have WHAT i CALL "placeholder computers" .They are decent enough to pull enough tracks for me to create the music I do for now until I can afford to drop the money on a real Pro computer ...
Sure I can get the ASIO buffer size down to 256 for only a small number of tracks .
My current computers  need a buffer setting of in the range of 512 for me to get my work done ...24 to 45 tracks

Midi Guitar as a synth enabled plugin inside of SONAR will not work correctly at that size buffer ( 512 ) for me .

Fast for some people is everything . Accuracy and ease of use counts more in my book ...

I  had my share of problems using MIDI GUITAR inside of SONAR with the computers I own ...
Not so on both my Mac's

I solved it. I came up with a work around that works perfectly for me .

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/30 05:45:08 (permalink)
smallstonefan
kennywtelejazz
smallstonefan

all the best,

Kenny

Kenny - we ever get to meet I owe you a drink! :) I have owned so many midi guitar devices and got rid of every single one of them - I have NEVER been able to fully enjoy the midi experience. I have had midi guitar for some time as well but again never could get acceptable latency in Sonar or Ableton.

you fixed that!

Last night I copped a buzz and just played with different synths, finally settling on Iris 2 and just clicking through the presets while playing. I had SO MUCH FUN! :) I just wrapped up my new song and I'm about to start another and it will be a new experiencing since I'll use midi guitar to start the creative process.

I know need to figure out how to incorporate this into my workflow - but that should just take a bit of experimenting.

Teaching me how to set it up this was truly a gift - THANK YOU!

Hi James ,

I'm real happy for you that you are getting good results now ...

If we ever meet , I'll be happy to have a cup of black coffee w no sugar I quit drinking 34 years ago .

all the best,

Kenny

PS ,  What I suggested here is even on the Jam origin web site listed under using another DAW in Windows

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/30 07:04:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/08/30 12:39:01
Mesh
 Obviously, Kenny's got it working well with Loopmidi.......I suppose there's a bit of testing to see what works best for us.

Thank you Mesh , I appreciate that you had a kind diplomatic word to say 

Tonight using a Windows computer I used Midi Guitar standalone set at 64 ms running out my 2i4's Midi output into a Full Sized Keyboard work station ... I recorded this rig  as real time audio into SONAR ..

I Love to run my i Mac as a hardware unit / live performance work station VIA Mainstage into a computer that has SONAR on it .
I use Midi Guitar through my Mac at 64 ms while sending out my audio out  from my Mac and Appogee converters into  a 2i4 USB SC into a Windows machine ...while recording all my synth tracks as audio in SONAR ...

here's a taste of a review I did 2 years ago

In this thread I put Midi Guitar up against Melodyne in a later post
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Video-Convert-Audio-to-MIDI-in-SONAR-m3360593.aspx

I had sent Noel a PM with the audio to midi file I used as a Blind test . He thought I used Melodyne and he wanted to tell the developers about the conversion I did ...
I told him it was Midi Guitar and that I didn't want to post it in a Cakewalk thread ..
He actually suggested to me that I post it in the Cakewalk thread ....which I did ...it can be found here
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3365474

I bet most folks don't know that I tried to get Cakewalk VIA Noel and Jam Origin VIA Ole to offer Midi Guitar as a Cakewalk 3 rd party add on ....I have the PM's and the e mails to prove it they will remain private ...
For what ever reason , that one never came off the ground ....

I have no affiliation with the company , yet I do try to help people when I can ...
I have taken this much further than most people here can Imagine ...

Loop Midi inside of Midi Guitar on a Win machine (at times ) is only one small little tip of the iceberg ... 

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

smallstonefan
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/08/30 11:17:40 (permalink)
Kenny,

I drink my coffee black as well! :)

I've got a few hours this afternoon set aside to just play with Midi Guitar. I'm looking forward to it!
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/09/09 12:32:49 (permalink)
Sonar used t have a setting Share drivers with other programs. They've changed the naming of the feature but you'll find it under preferences probably in the audio section. This will allow Sonar and other programs to share the ASIO driver.
Otherwise what will happen is that whichever program has focus in Windows will acces the ASIO driver.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Mesh
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/09/13 15:16:32 (permalink)
mudgel
Sonar used t have a setting Share drivers with other programs. They've changed the naming of the feature but you'll find it under preferences probably in the audio section. This will allow Sonar and other programs to share the ASIO driver.
Otherwise what will happen is that whichever program has focus in Windows will acces the ASIO driver.

Do you find any issues when Sonar shares the ASIO driver? (I've read that ASIO doesn't like to do this, but never tried it).

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/09/19 18:51:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/09/19 19:08:16
For anyone that's having a hard time using asio with both Sonar and Midi Guitar at the same time: Try the wasapi driver for Sonar and leave the asio driver for Midi Guitar.

Rocky
space_cowboy
  • Total Posts : 9813
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/09/20 00:00:24 (permalink)
smallstonefan

James
I dont know if you are still having issues with the  Apollo and Sonar and MIDI Guitar.  I have a very similar setup and have very few issues.  This is not a UAD/Sonar issue as others I know have that combo working as well.  

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
kennywtelejazz
Re: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED 2017/10/01 11:33:01 (permalink)
I guess I had it to good for to long Out of the clear blue SONAR got super flaky over here on both my systems .
After going through all the usual suspects config wise I wound updating my Focusrite 2i4 drivers to the current suggested gen 1 driver . That seemed to help .
Great now I can't run Midi Guitar as a standalone as i did before using loop midi into SONAR ...they don't play nice anymore ...
I hope I can get this one figured out ..I was much happier before 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1