Just got the nanoKorg. I can't control busses with the CW Generic Surface? What the hell?

Author
vagabond999
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2017/04/17 14:15:58 (permalink)

Just got the nanoKorg. I can't control busses with the CW Generic Surface? What the hell?

I'm really hoping I'm missing something obvious here, but after spending hours going down a rabbit hole of googling for information.. it appears there's a real flaw with Sonar here.

I love Sonar, have the Platinum lifetime, but this is possibly a deal breaker for me if this can't be resolved.

I have the nanoKorg Controller. It works great in terms of controlling all of the TRACKS. But when you're getting to the nitty gritty of end mixing, who needs that? You want to control the BUSSES.

So I need to 'Change Group'. Yet, this function is not available with the generic surface?

Has anyone got the nanoKorg Controller to control busses? Any info MUCH appreciated.

4 Replies Related Threads

reginaldStjohn
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 485
    Re: Just got the nanoKorg. I can't control busses with the CW Generic Surface? What the he 2017/04/17 19:27:54 (permalink)
    I have a Korg nanoKontro (to which I am assuming you are referring). In my opinion the way to get the most out of this is by getting the AZ plugin. I didn't find a way with the generic surface to switch to the buses either.

See http://forum.cakewalk.com/AZ-Controller-has-made-the-FaderPort-awesomeAlphaTrack-is-on-the-way-m3209687.aspx
    Forum post for more information.

AMD Phenom II x6, 8 GB Ram, 2 Internal SATA III HD
    Windows 10
    Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2 Interface/Mixer
    Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
    Line6 Helix Guitar Processor 
    Custom Made (El Bandito) Telecaster
    LTD ESP EC-1000
    PRS El Torrero SE
    vagabond999
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Just got the nanoKorg. I can't control busses with the CW Generic Surface? What the he 2017/04/18 12:19:20 (permalink)
    reginaldStjohn
    I have a Korg nanoKontro (to which I am assuming you are referring). In my opinion the way to get the most out of this is by getting the AZ plugin. I didn't find a way with the generic surface to switch to the buses either.

See
    Forum post for more information.

Thank you! Quite a lot to read there, I'll have a go with the AZ controller after work. Did you manage to control the buses with the AZ plugin?

Shame we have to jump through all these hoops - it has put me off getting any bigger control surface in the future.
    Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: Just got the nanoKorg. I can't control busses with the CW Generic Surface? What the he 2017/04/18 15:40:59 (permalink)
    In my experience, the AZ controller is the key to getting any controller to do anything. It's brilliant. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Just got the nanoKorg. I can't control busses with the CW Generic Surface? What the he 2017/04/18 18:24:04 (permalink)
    Anderton
    In my experience, the AZ controller is the key to getting any controller to do anything. It's brilliant.

Thanks Craig

@vagabond999: I can only add that in case you have questions and/or need support, you are welcome. The project is almost 3 years old (since the first public release) and it is still in active development.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1