Latency when playing electronic drums, no matter what i try

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Tripod
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
Re:Latency when playing electronic drums, no matter what i try 2012/10/12 14:48:13 (permalink)
Jim, i was looking for that but oddly enough no where i could pull it up. I removed the installation and then installed it again i was able to find it right away AND i was able to lower the sample buffers :) Woohoo! I'm gonna be testing it with the new settings but i'm pretty sure things will (at least 90%) be solved! As always the solution was quite simple but you just have to know where to look and when this don't show up (because of a bad installation?) it can mess with you for sure. Thanks everybody, your help saved me many more days of not getting anywhere!
Goddard
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 338
Re:Latency when playing electronic drums, no matter what i try 2012/10/12 16:42:34 (permalink)
Tripod, you might look at this forum post (and the screenshots following it):

http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2664328

showing that another user (Jonbouy) also using a Quad Capture is able to achieve very low latency (32 samples) with the latest ASIO driver, which would work very well for soft synth drumming. 

His system might be more powerful than yours, dunno, but this shows what kind of low latency operation your Quad Capture is capable of, so you might want to send him a PM to compare notes.
Tripod
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
Re:Latency when playing electronic drums, no matter what i try 2012/10/12 17:33:02 (permalink)
Goddard, thanks for the link. I will check it out but i just came online to say that i got it all fixed! I managed to get the input to 2.4 msec and output 2.0! WHAT a difference this makes! I'm so happy! It's perfect now. Like i said in the first posts, i just couldn't imagine that everybody would have this problem as it makes playing the e-drums impossible. And with the hardware i have i for sure shouldn't have troubles. I haven't even tried 32 samples, it might be pushing it but who knows! Either way, it works perfect now. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I post on several forums but not one of them the members are so helpful as they are here. Even when it comes to noob problems ;) Have a great weekend everybody!
Middleman
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4397
Re:Latency when playing electronic drums, no matter what i try 2012/10/12 17:42:42 (permalink)
Glad you got it worked out.

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1