Helpful ReplyLocking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED]

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/09 00:07:35 (permalink)
CakeAlexSHere
^^
Thx. Appears version I was using was too old for that problem anyway, I only use it as a last resort, and I've now updated to the latest CCCleaner (without the issue one hopes) and I'm now doing a Malwarebytes and Bitdefender scan which shouldn't come to much (I noticed CC Cleaner has monitoring devices on startup which are fully disabled as well).

It was a big topic in several security forums. One thing to keep in mind, and I could be wrong, it was only the 32 bit version of CCleaner that was affected from what I understand. 

Some people believe that because Piriform sold CCleaner to Avast that perhaps there was a back door added to the software. I have absolutely no idea about none of that stuff. 

But I must say, considering Piriforms track record with CCleaner, It is rather odd that they sold out and got hacked. 

Some might hate me for saying this, but when it comes to OPEN SOURCE, I don't like that idea, because you are at the mercy of someone without a tested and regulated track record using that software. Just my opinion. 

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.
Steve_Karl
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/10 17:30:36 (permalink)
Image your OS with Macrium Reflect (free version)
Then you can always roll back if there's a problem.

Steve Karl
https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
SPLAT 2017.01
CakeAlexSHere
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/10 20:55:52 (permalink)
CakeAlexSHere
^^
Thx. Appears version I was using was too old for that problem anyway, I only use it as a last resort, and I've now updated to the latest CCCleaner (without the issue one hopes) and I'm now doing a Malwarebytes and Bitdefender scan which shouldn't come to much (I noticed CC Cleaner has monitoring devices on startup which are fully disabled as well).

Serious_Noize!
It was a big topic in several security forums. One thing to keep in mind, and I could be wrong, it was only the 32 bit version of CCleaner that was affected from what I understand. 

Some people believe that because Piriform sold CCleaner to Avast that perhaps there was a back door added to the software. I have absolutely no idea about none of that stuff. 

But I must say, considering Piriforms track record with CCleaner, It is rather odd that they sold out and got hacked. 

Some might hate me for saying this, but when it comes to OPEN SOURCE, I don't like that idea, because you are at the mercy of someone without a tested and regulated track record using that software. Just my opinion. 

Assuming it's uninstalled just run Malwarebytes (full settings) and do a virus scan (full settings) that's all you need to do assuming they are up to date. I would not touch Avast with a barge poll nowadays I use Bitdefender.

BTW CC-Cleaner is not open source so that puts that theory to bed :)
smoddelm
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 447
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/10 23:53:36 (permalink)
It's weird to me that so many people are concerned about a Windows update disabling Sonar.  I have been using Sonar since Sonar I (it wasn't even called that since there was no II yet), and I have never had a Windows update, or even an upgrade from XP to 7 to 8 to 10, cause an issue wiuth whatever Sonar I was running at the time. Can someone explain where all the fear is coming from? Did a particular Windows update cause issues with a particular version of Sonar?
CakeAlexSHere
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/11 00:16:30 (permalink)
^^ Historically what has happened is with each release of Windows (Win10 being no exception), the first 6-12 months or so is plagued with a load of dodgy updates. Those first to adopt the OS traditionally get burnt the most. Win10 got perhaps a worse reputation initially as lots of people decided to beta test and they got burnt even more.

Those of us who wait at least 6-12 months after official release, and run delayed updates via Window Pro Business updates get burnt the least. We are happy watching everybody else do the "beta" testing for us :)
smoddelm
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 447
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/11 00:20:27 (permalink)
I am always an early updater - and as I said above, I have never had an issue with Sonar because of it.
CakeAlexSHere
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/11 00:24:00 (permalink)
smoddelm
I am always an early updater - and as I said above, I have never had an issue with Sonar because of it.

Yup but you have different hardware to a lot of people, and how you install things is likely to different.

You should have taken a look at these forums when Windows 10 came out. Admittedly a lot of the issues were because people didn't bother to check to see if hardware had compatible drivers (in most cases released later on) or because they jumped on the beta programme prematurely.

It's the same old story everywhere when new Windows comes out, boringly predictable.

Of course not everybody has problems, in fact the majority probably don't, but those who have problems shout loudest.
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/11 03:12:48 (permalink)
CakeAlexSHere
smoddelm

Yup but you have different hardware to a lot of people, and how you install things is likely to different.

You should have taken a look at these forums when Windows 10 came out. Admittedly a lot of the issues were because people didn't bother to check to see if hardware had compatible drivers (in most cases released later on) or because they jumped on the beta programme prematurely.

It's the same old story everywhere when new Windows comes out, boringly predictable.

Of course not everybody has problems, in fact the majority probably don't, but those who have problems shout loudest.

I shouted...loudly...mostly clearly...and in truth being said in my shouts, using my speal, seeking a way to get to blissful recording and clean results with OS and daw using firewire,..then moving up to Thunberbolt....Now being said true by the All assuming All great Alex...in his assumption not all have issues with Updates...

Now, here I was, just getting into win 8.1, when a small icon appears on my task bar...Got things working and running all fine...except for a red circle with a slash through it, on the internet icon ""Stating it is not working"...but it was working ...And a work around was said to solve, did not solve my issue....No worries.

Then, leaving the machine...with the update to win 10 icon alone, when release date was not yet upon the world order...LOL...The icon was addressed..To not update my machine.

Well that justice of...injustice occurred to somehow manifest itself to be...It said my system was ready to update, and MS OS found all the hardware and software compatible,,,,So it alone decided not on my authority...to over rule my settings of not to update....And did do....So, as some are saying...here today, you can turn off features...only to find them undone.....And paying more for Enterprise version....means paying more and more and more for...But the common folk...Cannot get this blissful...So, the assumed not all get plagues...Means ..Some do....and if this be with those who cannot afford the upper OS payment plan...or the tech support plan....When they do change something for what ever version you say you own....You find that what you put it on, becomes their's to let work or not...depending on what is served with it....Say truth?...banned..silenced..cut off....But praise it, give it power in your life to take as it pleases and makes as it pleases itself first and foremost...Bow down to it as being the big Kahuna of your software and tied to our hands and hearts to want to do....We find ourselves troubleshooting on a wild goose hunt...for solutions being...withheld...and then sold as the next great gift to us...

Assuming you know nothing of the Golden Calf, and the laws of life.....It is ok to assume...and not tell the complete truth.

Someone said...no need to tweak or cut services anymore.....Just do the power plan...and it should work fine.

Again I believe his Name was Alex//....But I might be assuming things.....lol

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
CakeAlexSHere
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/01/11 12:33:42 (permalink)
Hehe. Next week, the Two Towers :)
Merk
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Locking in Sonar in current Win10 version? [SOLVED] 2018/02/09 03:09:36 (permalink)
when I record an audio track , it comes out good ,but when I record my next track, my previous track bleeds to it . ( sonar platinum ) how can I fix this?
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1