2016/03/13 21:25:12
stevec
M@
Well....it will be in every users CCC.

True.... but per the OP:

When an Early Access release is available, we’ll post an announcement in the main SONAR forum. The Early Access will then appear in Command Center under the Rollback menu. There will be no "yellow light" or other indicator in Command Center. You can also obtain the SONAR Early Access release through your Cakewalk Account page under "Other Versions.” The update in Command Center and the Account page will be labeled clearly as an "Early Access" release.  Install it as you normally would, or simply ignore it until it is announced to the public.

This certainly doesn't seem like something resembling a normal build or even visible to anyone who isn't looking for it.  Or at best, someone who happens to be rolling back during the short period when one of these versions is available (though it's obviously not a rollback version).   

2016/03/13 21:34:41
FanCake
tenfoot
I read the 'go for it' as a tad combative. 

?
Well OK.
2016/03/14 09:21:59
M@
stevec
M@
Well....it will be in every users CCC.

.....but per the OP:.........will then appear in Command Center under the Rollback menu. There will be no "yellow light" or other indicator in Command Center.......

This certainly doesn't seem like something resembling a normal build or even visible to anyone who isn't looking for it......

Right....I missed that.
Still I'm wondering why.....why one week earlier? Surely the intention must be for pre-release user feedback with the goal of making alterations.
2016/03/14 10:34:02
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
tenfoot
Will there be any way to download it for those that don't use CCC Noel? 

Yes - via your product's download page. Under "Available Downloads" there's a button to "Show Other Downloads". It'll be in there.
2016/03/14 12:47:09
Anderton
M@
Still I'm wondering why.....why one week earlier? Surely the intention must be for pre-release user feedback with the goal of making alterations.

Well I'm just speculating here, but there were two updates that had hot fixes about a week afterward. One was when upsampling caused problems with projects that had tempo variations. The other was when a Control Bar update caused the custom buttons to always stick to the right. If these had been identified, it's possible the fixes would have been incorporated by the time the official release came out. 

Again just speculation here, but it also seems to offer a bit of a "security blanket" for Cakewalk to have confirmation that all is well with a release. Sort of like listening to a mix over different speakers before signing off on it 
2016/03/15 15:45:49
tenfoot
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
tenfoot
Will there be any way to download it for those that don't use CCC Noel? 

Yes - via your product's download page. Under "Available Downloads" there's a button to "Show Other Downloads". It'll be in there.

Thanks Ryan -  that's great. 
2016/03/30 18:49:42
meh
I looked at both methods to sign up but neither were available to me?

Suggestions.....Hints...?

rafone
2016/03/30 23:13:51
Mosvalve
Where can I find the workflow enhancements and bug fixes for this release?
2016/03/31 09:55:11
Jim Lima [Cakewalk]
meh
I looked at both methods to sign up but neither were available to me?

Suggestions.....Hints...?

rafone

Should be resolved.  Please see http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3393524  .  If not please let us know.

Thanks,
Jim

2016/03/31 10:04:17
Jim Lima [Cakewalk]
Mosvalve
Where can I find the workflow enhancements and bug fixes for this release?

Materials related to workflow enhancements and bug fixes are being prepared.  We'll likely release those shortly.  

Thanks,
Jim

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account