2016/06/03 13:59:16
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Hi Friends,

This is a good faith post to reach out to provide some updates about what's going on here at Cakewalk HQ in regards to Cakewalk Support. I'm just a nerd who helps program the website, so please go easy on me. :D

We recently went through some changes that may have been lost in the mix of all of the announcements as of late. Seems like many users are tripped up by the changes so I wanted to take a moment to explain what's new and different. We’ve made a lot of recent improvements you probably haven’t seen!

Support Workflow / Logistics

We completely redesigned our Support website! Here's what's new:

• The Knowledge Base has been completely rebuilt.
    • Search has been drastically improved. Not only is it faster, but you can now search by terms as well as tags. You can also save your favorite searches (for example, maybe you're only interested in seeing new articles related to [SONAR-Professional] and [Z3TA-2]
    • Speaking of Tags, articles are now tagged. You'll often see these at the bottom of Knowledge Base articles. Essentially this is a great way of us grouping related articles for products you care about. Here's an example (scroll to the bottom).
    • Views and popularity are factored into results based on activity and feedback.
    • You can add Feedback to articles to inform Cakewalk of whether or not the article was helpful and/or needs improvement
  • Contacting Email Support has been rebuilt
    • You no longer need to enter your email address and fill out your support profile (what audio devices you own, etc.) every time you reach out to us. Your information is linked to your Cakewalk Account, so you can just send us an email and we'll know what products you own and what your setup is like without having to ask redundant questions.
  • Contacting Phone Support has been rebuilt
    • We moved from phone queues where users waited on hold to a callback model of phone support where you schedule a call and support staff calls you back. Willy's announcement here explains this in a bit more detail. In short, we call you. No listening to awful hold music, no long distance charges.

Both Email and Phone support make an attempt to help you with Knowledge Base articles we feel may be helpful. Ultimately we're making a stronger effort to provide helpful information upfront with the hopes that having to wait for a reply from Cakewalk Staff is not necessary. To a degree, the KB stuff I mentioned above learns from itself - that way we can provide helpful resources based on real metrics, versus what we think or assume is helpful information to know.

In the event the articles aren't helpful to your inquiry, you can of course send an email or schedule a call. Eligibility for technical support is determined by product ownership. You can see what technical support level is given to your products with the new iconography visible on your Products page here. Pre-Sales and Account Related (customer service) email support, of course, is available to everyone.

If you send an email, you will be sent a confirmation email with your case number. It looks like this:

If you need to provide further information to your case, you can reply directly to the email. This will append your case in our internal ticketing system. Replying directly to the case, versus opening a new one, helps Cakewalk Support staff more quickly respond and resolve cases. It also helps you keep your place in line versus new information going to the end of the line.

If you need to contact Phone Support, you must choose an available time, like displayed below:

When you schedule a phone call, you will be sent a confirmation email as well. Here's an example:

Once the call is scheduled, the rep you're assigned to is notified and will contact you at the number and time specified. Please be aware we’re in Boston, MA, so all times are Eastern Time. You can visit https://www.cakewalk.com/support/phone to update your case with any new information or cancel the call if needed.

Lastly, we provide details upon call resolution and welcome feedback in order to give users like you a chance to let us know what we’re doing great at, and where we could improve upon. Here’s an example:

Disclaimer: not real call details, however not a false reality. Cheers! ;D

Customer Demand

"That's great, Ryan, but this does nothing for me if I'm still stuck waiting for a response or there are no callback time slots available!" - Legitimately Frustrated Customer

I hear you loud and clear! In fact, so do both Cakewalk and Gibson for that matter. Both companies have a strong core philosophy that great customer service is extremely valuable.

With that being said, there have been a few recent developments that created much more demand than we anticipated. The support queue is backed up but we’re adding resources right now to solve the problem. We think you'll like the changes we roll out and the additional contact methods you'll soon be able to use. Cakewalk prides itself in offering good quality support. To put it quite simply, it's just that the demand far outweighs the supply right now.

I'm well aware that this doesn't immediately reduce the frustration some users are experiencing, but I wanted to take a moment to first describe the changes and the new process, and then also acknowledge recent frustrations. As I mentioned, this is more of a good faith post to hopefully provide some transparency and acknowledge you guys. We're very apologetic for temporary increased response times as a result in the meantime.

We also have a lot of stuff in development outside of the typical SONAR announcements that we believe will strongly improve everyone’s overall experience. I look forward to discussing more in the future.

As always, I want to thank everyone for their support, their patience, and especially for their outreach to one another in this community. I know myself and other Cakewalk staffers have expressed it before, but the helpful and knowledgeable members of our community are an incredible asset to us and I don’t think we often get a chance to thank you for all of your support.
2016/06/03 17:29:02
TheMaartian
Thanks for the update, Ryan. I'm getting tired of the whining. Maybe it's just that I don't see conspiracies in every corporate act nor images in roadside oil stains.

I have a great product that I have beneficial use of. I've only had on issue that wasn't resolved on the forum (when I switched from monthly to annual), and it was resolved quickly (but...Cleverbridge does suck bigtime; shame to have a third party cause you negative vibes; I know I'm not the only one).

I start Medicare in August, so I'm not young, but now I've got an EXTRA reason to make it to my 90s. My lifetime SONAR Platinum subscription!!!
2016/06/03 19:09:08
ampfixer
Thanks Ryan, best news this week for many customers.
2016/06/14 15:37:12
bapu
TheMaartian

......My lifetime SONAR Platinum subscription!!!

WTF? SONAR Platinum does not have any kind of subscription offering. Never has. 

There is an annual membership program where you can pay for the full year up front. You can optionally pay monthly and at the end of the same 12 months as the other member who paid annually you both have the same product to continue to use as is or renew your membership.

And oh yeah, now (until August 31st) a Platinum member can upgrade to lifetime free core updates.
2016/06/27 17:09:13
rplantrich
OK ... I understand that you do not have enough people to provide the demand for tech support. However, I think that your update process should run without bugs since you can not provide support. I just upgraded to the latest version of Sonar Professional. In the middle of recording project after the upgrade, I tried to save the project and the software now tells me I am running in Demo mode and that I need to purchase the product. What the Hell? When I go into my command center account it tells me that I have to install the product (which would include numerous upgrades since I first purchased professional about six months ago). Plus it tells me I am on an annual subscription when I purchased the product at full price. This is unbelievable. Plus I have sent three requests for email support in the last month and a half that remain unanswered relating to other issues with the software. Congratulations Cakewalk for such a fine job with your longtime customers.
2016/07/01 16:27:18
VinceZ
Having a problem with cakewalk support ! ! ! This garbage about having to book an appt to talk to support and there always booked ! ! ! Then the email support doesn't get back to you for a month to resolve your issues and when they do >> they don't resolve your issues. It wasn't that long ago they had phone support and you could call in and get the problem resolved the same day. The bottom line>> Cakewalk is not supporting there customers.

The one day phone support was the best. The way things are being ran now at cakewalk is total frustration for all customers.
2016/07/05 12:09:47
jimfogle
Well thought out and presented post Ryan Munnis.  Thank you for taking the time to update us on the support status.  This demonstrates just how difficult it is to change business practices sometimes.

Hopefully there will be frequent status updates until an acceptable level of live support is available once again.

I find it very interesting that many threads have thousands of views while this thread has less than 500 even though the thread heading specifically discloses the thread is about support.  Does the low number of views mean most forum members are not concerned with support issues?  The low number of views surprises me considering how vocal some forum members have been about the lack of support they have received.
2016/07/05 14:59:55
pwalpwal
I reckon the Low view count because it's in the store forum, the sonar forum gets way more traffic?
2016/07/05 17:00:51
J-A-G

I am trying to purchase ASS apps before end of sale today. First there was an odd credit card number in my account...why? When I try to pay by Paypal via the email link which is sent after ordering I get the following. 

File Not Found
The page that you requested cannot be found on this server. This might have the following reasons:
  • The link you are using is not valid anymore or wrong.
  • You have not entered the URL correctly.
  • The page does not exist anymore.
If you have gotten to this page over a certain URL, please inform the owner over the page that offered this link so that he can update his page.

You are my last resort as I have already spent too much time on trying to figure out what to do since there is no more real immediate support right now. Can you direct me or move this to the correct thread please.
2016/07/18 11:33:48
RaphaelLucchesi
Sorry guys, but so far your new 'support' is catastrophic and is about to force me into any other DAW on the market. I am a legit owner of Sonar X1 Producer. I registered my product a few years ago under an old email, which is no longer available. On Top of that, you changed your system, so that anybody that didn't log into his account since 2014, is no longer able to access his account. You offer to send your support an email to ask for a migration to a new account. This is what I did. Guess what? NOBODY HAS SO FAR SENT ME ANYTHING, NOTHING HAS BEEN MIGRATED: 
When I try to schedule a phone support, it says I have no products which are eligible for phone support. Are you kidding me??? Sorry, but this is completely unacceptable and a shame regarding the prices you charged me for many products I own from Cakewalk (it is four digit...), but that I cant do **** with, because you don't migrate my registrations to my new account. All that after you killed the old account with the system change... seriously...

The most important part of all of that is, that my intention was to upgrade to Platinum, but your way of disappointing your existing customers the way you 'deal' with me, keeps me away from that and you away from some cash I want to pay for the upgrade.

Sry guys, but that makes me really really angry and I hope, that you get into this asap...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account