• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.78)
2018/07/02 22:34:03
rjohn10
Hello Guys

This is my first time posting here. I am a Sonar Plat user and also concerned about future activation of Sonar Plat as well as my other legacy Cakewalk products and the ability to "Re-Activate" them in the future.. I have exchanged a few emails with CbB regarding this question and wanted to share the responses I received with you all. Maybe these responses will answer some of the questions I have read here since these answeres come directly from CbB. The top email is the latest so if you start at the top you will be reading them in reverse order. So please start at the bottom.

So here ya ga:

Mike (BandLab)
Jun 30, 04:25 SGT
Hi Rudy,

Thanks for that additional info! Glad to hear you've already done the legwork regarding your account. At this point, you should be all set. We don't have firm details as to what changes will be made or how you may activate those products, as there is no indicator the current method will stop working anytime soon. As you can see with Meng's posts in the forum, our intention is definitely to be as transparent as possible; if any changes are in the works our team will be certain to keep users informed.

I apologize for not having more information at the moment, but you can be assured we'll be open about any changes when and if they come.

Best regards,
Mike B

Rudy
Jun 30, 04:08 SGT
Hello Mike:
Thanks for following up on my concern.
I had already downloaded and backed-up all my Cakewalk products using Cakewalk Control Center some time ago.
Actually, my inquiry had more to do with how I would re-activating those products after reinstalling them.
I understand that Cakewalk products will no longer be available for download once the Cakewalk server shuts down.
Earlier today I had an opportunity to read the “Message from BandLab” posted by Meng on the Cakewalk.com forum on 3-21-2018. My understanding of the updated info is that re-activation of certain legacy Cakewalk products would be done through my new BandLab Account and available after my old Cakewalk Account was converted to a BandLab Account.
My inquiry was attempting to confirm that understanding or to learn if my understanding is in error.
Thanks again
Rudy

Mike (BandLab)
Jun 29, 22:46 SGT
Hi Rudy,

I'd like to take this opportunity to follow up on our earlier reply. I was able to locate your account, and wanted to provide some additional insight.

For the time being, you can still use Command Center for any products from 2015 and forward, and your older products (along with the Platinum bundle) can be found on your product page of :

You can also utilize Command Center on another machine if you'd like to keep a backup of your Platinum bundle activated in another location. While we don't have much insight on any changes being made, there will likely be plenty of warning if any significant changes are made.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Mike B

Ashwin (BandLab)
Jun 29, 11:01 SGT
Hi Rudy,

Thanks for reaching out to us, unfortunately, once the Cakewalk server is shut down there will be no possible avenue for you to download any legacy Cakewalk products. The server is still active at the moment so if you wish to download all products now, save them into an external hard disk, that would be great as you can install them up on a new computer if need be.

You can let us know the email address that you're registered with your legacy Cakewalk account so we can help provide access for you.

Thank you,
Ashwin

Rudy
Jun 29, 08:15 SGT
Hello:
I am a Cakewalk Sonar Plat. user and will not be upgrading to Cakewalk by Bandlab at this time. If I need to replace my computer or hard drive, after the Cakewalk server is shut down, will I be able to re-activate my Cakewalk Products from the Bandlab server
and if not, will there be some other way to activate the software?
Thank you
Rudy
2018/07/03 20:23:31
Voda La Void
I apologize in advance if it's already been discussed, but I'm not finding any particulars on if authorization is continuous or not.  I keep my DAW PC completely off the internet, and I really do NOT want to connect it and then get Windows Updates wanking off on my hard drive and taking over my effin machine for hours.  

I could suffer through that if it's only for installation, but does it require a constant internet connection for constant authorization?  
2018/07/03 20:26:59
msmcleod
Voda La Void
I apologize in advance if it's already been discussed, but I'm not finding any particulars on if authorization is continuous or not.  I keep my DAW PC completely off the internet, and I really do NOT want to connect it and then get Windows Updates wanking off on my hard drive and taking over my effin machine for hours.  

I could suffer through that if it's only for installation, but does it require a constant internet connection for constant authorization?  

CbB does not require a constant internet connection. It needs to be online when you install it via BandLab assistant, at which point it gets authorised. After that, you can stay offline if you want.
2018/07/03 22:17:21
stevec
msmcleod
CbB does not require a constant internet connection. It needs to be online when you install it via BandLab assistant, at which point it gets authorised. After that, you can stay offline if you want.

^^^^   I use a USB wireless router and turned it on for initial install/authorization then back off again.  From there, I only use it when updates are available.

2018/07/04 20:21:56
Bristol_Jonesey
stevec
msmcleod

^^^^   I use a USB wireless router and turned it on for initial install/authorization then back off again.  From there, I only use it when updates are available.

I use a wireless USB Wi-Fi dongle. Plug it in for updates, remove once finished.

One of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-WNDA3100-200PES-802-11n-Wi-Fi-Adapter/dp/B002RLC7WO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530735604&sr=8-3&keywords=netgear+wifi+usb+dongle

2018/07/05 22:39:57
igiwigi

Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant

Why am i getting this pop up box with Bandlab Assistant.

Cannot load picture so i type it out

Javascipt error occurred in main process
                 Uncaught exeption
                Cannot find module'./events
                at module_ resolveFilename(module.JS:543:15
                at function.Module._resolveFilename(users:\john
                sammons\AppData\local\programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\electron.asar\commo....'12)
                at Function.Module._load(module.js:473:25)
                at Module.require(module.js586:17)
                at require (internal/module.js:11:18
                at App.app.on (C:\users\John
                 sammons\AppData\Local\Programs\band-lab assistant\resources\app.asar\index-win.js:229
                at emit Two (events.js: 131:20 
                atApp.emit (events.js: 214:7)

Hi guys ,
I know this is in another section ,but i get no direct answers.
There is a problem with the new assistant.
I get a pop up like I have printed out. i cannot get the actual box up here as i get no success with loading a picture.

I have loaded, unloaded and scanned for viruses and still get this popup.
I have now uninstalled it it and the problem has now gone away.

Can Band lab look Into this  as I am not the only one who has got this.
I will probably have to wait for the next assistant if no decent reply.
I have a new fast machine and it runs perfectly for all of my plugins  and other programs 100%.

all the best
john
2018/07/06 02:58:54
michael diemer
This problem seems very hit or miss, even with the same person and system. I got exactly the same error, changed my internet zone settings, and it installed fine. but others have done the same without success. And I have no idea if what I did even helped; it may have just been some more or less random thing.

I'm sure the devs will figure it out. Meanwhile, don't stress, make music with the version you have. That's what I did for weeks, until the latest update had staff view enhancements which were too tempting for me to pass up. I lucked out. most do, and I'm confident everyone will before too long.

Also, keep in mind this freeware. It's not like you paid 500.00 for it. But it's the best freeware on the planet. And they have Noel. It'll happen.
2018/07/06 09:31:20
igiwigi
Hi Mike
The update worked but the problem is that popup every time you open the assistant.
I have uninstalled the assistant for now and done a full virus scan.
That is all I can do until the next assistant arrives.

All the best
John
2018/07/06 23:34:54
Rick Viola
I installed CW by Bandlab and it works, but whatever files were downloaded from Bandlab, I don't seem to have them on my computer (except the assistant install). It would be nice to archive that.
2018/07/08 02:46:28
michael diemer
This problem seems very hit or miss, even with the same person and system. I got exactly the same error, changed my internet zone settings, and it installed fine. but others have done the same without success. And I have no idea if what I did even helped; it may have just been some more or less random thing.

I'm sure the devs will figure it out. Meanwhile, don't stress, make music with the version you have. That's what I did for weeks, until the latest update had staff view enhancements which were too tempting for me to pass up. I lucked out. most do, and I'm confident everyone will before too long.

Also, keep in mind this freeware. It's not like you paid 500.00 for it. But it's the best freeware on the planet. And they have Noel. It'll happen.

Worked out what the problem is, it has to do with how you close BA, either by the 'X' or by 'Options/Quit', if you try to close it by the 'X' it doesn't actually close BA but leavers it running in the System tray, and when you try to run it again you get the error because it is already running, however if you close BA by 'Options/Quit' it actually does quit and you wont get the error.

See this post onward

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3769874
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account