• Software
  • Selecting the best midi drum loops (p.5)
2017/03/23 18:46:34
Starise
Thus far the most difficult thing is finding and getting my loops into EZ player Pro. I played with it some more last night. Loop Loft has everything zipped. I managed to unzip and locate em' all in one folder. Deleted the Mac friendly gluten free loops. Can't seem to drag them in. Oh the problems we have in a prosperous developed country.
2017/03/23 19:04:39
TheSteven
I've always bought from Time+Space using pounds and haven't had an issue.
I've got it in my shopping cart now and it's still in pounds  £20.96 

Try changing the currency by clicking the icon at top right of the browser and see if that fixes things.
2017/03/23 22:36:31
BassDaddy
I have my midi on a separate drive with my Toontrack drum samples. EZ Player share the same MIDI folder with EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer. I made a folder with Looploft and it's named,202@LOOPLOFT . I named Folders in it 210@DRUMATIC_BEATS  and 210@FILLS_UNLIMITED and so on. Numbers could be almost anything I suppose as long as something doesn't use it already. I have with other folders like 201@GROOVE_MONKEE with 210@GROOVE_MONKEE_RETRO_FUNK. You only have to name the main file with those convention. Drag that file into the midi folder and you're done. The midi folder may have been in C Drive>users>your name>app data>Roaming>Toontrack. It's in with your EZX files. I have folders for Odd Grooves, Studio Drummer and Abbey Road Drummers, Addictive drum and so on. I did this a little at a time as I bought midi so it wasn't much work. You can organize it as much as you want. Just back it up.
2017/03/24 12:53:14
Starise
Thank you Bassdaddy.

I believe I got the gist of what you did there. I suspect it's easier to locate midi files from a toontrack product .vs anything else. I stored the midi on a separate drive where I named my loop loft folder " looploft midi files". I may need to change some naming conventions. Yes I could probably simply drag midi directly into the browser, but who wants to spend a long time looking through piles of individual files? I tried to drag folders into the browser and it wouldn't let me do that. I would rather set it up so I can go right to a heading and a type. I'm sure I missed something 

Everything was unzipped in separate folders using the naming conventions looploft uses. EZ player didn't see any of it. I'm guessing it was because it needs to see only midi in the folder, IOW no sub folders, only midi. I still haven't had much time to look it over the way I want to.
2017/03/24 14:05:01
smallstonefan
Tim,

The loop loft stuff is GREAT! You are right about needing the format for your drum software. I see that you have BFD2. I use BFD 3 now exclusively and LOVE it. I have bought a lot of the groove libraries out there.

You can actually import other format grooves into BFD. I documented the process here:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Creating-BFD-Palettes-for-3rd-Party-Loop-Libraries-m3299766.aspx

I believe I did this with all of my AD grooves and some others. I wish I could share the BFD3 palettes so you wouldn't have to go through the process, but that would be piracy if I gave the grooves to someone who didn't actually own them. Still, if you follow the directions you can create your own groove palettes...
2017/03/24 14:21:23
pentimentosound
@ TheSteven   I tried leaving it in pounds and it seems that will cost about $31. If that turns out to be so, I'll try it.
2017/03/24 17:23:31
ZincTrumpet
Interesting thread this.

On the subject of BFD I was looking up stuff on Cthulu and found an interesting set of YouTube videos with Steve Duda talking about how he came to make BFD amongst other things. Cool dude.

https://youtu.be/MOUkI5hH2HY
2017/03/24 17:44:14
Starise
smallstonefan
Tim,

The loop loft stuff is GREAT! You are right about needing the format for your drum software. I see that you have BFD2. I use BFD 3 now exclusively and LOVE it. I have bought a lot of the groove libraries out there.

You can actually import other format grooves into BFD. I documented the process here:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Creating-BFD-Palettes-for-3rd-Party-Loop-Libraries-m3299766.aspx

I believe I did this with all of my AD grooves and some others. I wish I could share the BFD3 palettes so you wouldn't have to go through the process, but that would be piracy if I gave the grooves to someone who didn't actually own them. Still, if you follow the directions you can create your own groove palettes...

I'm really close to buying BFD3. So far I haven't. I would feel guilty since I haven't fully utilized what I presently have. I believe I'll be happy with looploft James. I'm glad you like their loops.
I had imagined that maybe I could talk you into tapping a few of those rhythms out for me on the phone, but decided it would be a lot of work and there was a 99.9999% chance you might not agree to do that.
I much appreciate you thinking about that though. I wouldn't ever want to be a pirate or even dress like one on Halloween.
2017/03/24 20:56:19
smallstonefan
LOL If you get BFD3 shoot me a PM! ;)
2017/03/24 21:38:02
BassDaddy
Starise
Thank you Bassdaddy.

I believe I got the gist of what you did there. I suspect it's easier to locate midi files from a toontrack product .vs anything else. I stored the midi on a separate drive where I named my loop loft folder " looploft midi files". I may need to change some naming conventions. Yes I could probably simply drag midi directly into the browser, but who wants to spend a long time looking through piles of individual files? I tried to drag folders into the browser and it wouldn't let me do that. I would rather set it up so I can go right to a heading and a type. I'm sure I missed something 

Everything was unzipped in separate folders using the naming conventions looploft uses. EZ player didn't see any of it. I'm guessing it was because it needs to see only midi in the folder, IOW no sub folders, only midi. I still haven't had much time to look it over the way I want to.

All you need to do is find your Toontrack midi folder and drag your LoopLoft into it. Sorry if I made it sound like you should drag into the EZ Player Browser.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account