2013/11/13 15:58:24
aidanodr
Hi guys,

It seems where samplers are concerned in Sonar X series one has - Dimension Pro, Cyclone, Dropzone.

When one is looking around for tutes and info on these it seems pretty sparce. A sampler that keeps scoring high marks elsewhere is the ABLETON SAMPLER. Are any of the samplers in Sonar anywhere near either Ableton Sampler Or NI Kontakt? Is Dimension Pro a good sampler for sound design?

Are Cyclone or Dropzone any use?

The topic of usage of Samplers seems to be thin on the ground within the Sonar Community? Maybe i am wrong?

2013/11/13 16:56:49
dubdisciple
Sonar has nothing like Kontakt.  Nothing like Ableton either.  Dimension Pro is a rompler (a sample playing synth with decent sample editing abilities) but not what one would call a proper sampler.  It can import samples and map rex files across keyboard. Dropzone is like a lighter version of dimension pro but easier to import samples. Still not a proper sampler.  Cyclone is more of a sample manipulator/mangler that theoretically would be good for jungle breaks.
2013/11/13 17:06:30
aidanodr
Thanks Dubdisciple,

Its obviously something that Sonar needs so? A decent sampler.

I have tried Dimension pro, Dropzone and Cyclone now. Was looking for a simple thing - to reverse an imported sample - not possible.

Looks like for the moment the only way is external VSTs like Kontakt or Nuance or Sampletank??

2013/11/13 17:18:09
scook
If you are looking for a  free solution try TX16Wx
2013/11/13 17:37:28
aidanodr
scook
If you are looking for a  free solution try

Thanks Scook,

Thats a bit better, allows reverse loop. Unfortunately EFX are only in the full version :D

But I will test this, good so far ..

2013/11/13 18:00:34
dubdisciple
Considering Sonar comes loaded with efx, that should not be that big of an obstacle. i have wanted to use that sampler but it always crashes on me :(
2013/11/13 19:01:36
aidanodr
Here is another interesting FREE as in totally free sampler called SHORTCIRCUIT at www dot vemberaudio dot se

I cannot add urls yet it seems

2013/11/13 19:15:26
dubdisciple
shortcircuit is great.  only downside is it is only 32 bit. 
2013/11/14 12:40:40
b rock
I have tried Dimension pro, Dropzone and Cyclone now. Was looking for a simple thing - to reverse an imported sample - not possible.

Here's  one method.  For an imported sample, you'd have to create an .sfz (text) file first, with a <region> pointing to the sample file name.
2013/11/14 13:38:02
aidanodr
Thanks b rock,

I have been having success with BUT as Dubdisciple says it keeps crashing Sonar with mem violation errors etc.

However - good news Dubdisciple and all - The new beta version sorts this. No crashes so far:

www . tx16wx . com/downloads/prereleases

( cant do links yet, probably have to post more :D )
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account