2017/11/28 00:19:53
bitflipper
Sorry, Mixcraft doesn't do .mov either. AVI or WMV only.

Of course, that doesn't preclude using a file converter to convert your .mov to .avi.
2017/11/28 01:26:42
S.L.I.P.

New in Mixcraft 8, MP4 Support

Import and export MP4 video files for easy editing of videos directly from your camera or phone.
2017/11/28 01:33:38
rj davis
Gave Mixcraft a quick spin today.  Lots to like, but the lack of leading edge comping functions left me out.  Will keep an eye on this one though. 
2017/11/28 13:43:22
kennywtelejazz
AT
A question of a different color for Mixcraft on the video side.  I've got a sports camera that saves in MOV.  My old Vegas 7 doesn't open Mov.  Vegas 14 will open them, but won't open itself now and gets hung up on VSTs.  So I need something simple to re-format.  Anybody use anything cheap and SAFE for that jb.  I'd rather pay a few bucks than have spam or such.  I will get Vegas 14 rolling, but in the meanwhile I have some good motorcycle footage.

Hi AT ,
I'm in a similar boat as you as far as having a sports camera and a Zoom Q 3 ...both only do MOV files  ...
I do get surprisingly  good video from the sports camera and the Zoom Q 3 gets OK video w great audio  ...
Bumping up that type of hardware to something a lot better is not something I 'm not looking to do anytime soon due to that it will cost big bucks ..

When I saw your post , it got me thinking ...I said its time for me to dive into Mixcrafts Video capabilities ...
Now I do have decent software on both PC and Mac for video editing but I didn't want to go there since I use a lean stripped down PC lap top for all my learning DAW's, test projects and everything else such as music transcription...

Then it dawned on me that I have a program called Transcribe from 7 th string ...I have and use this program on every computer I own ...I have used this product for a very long time and it is the best program out there for people that Transcribe Music ...
BTW, I have no affiliation w the company ..
Here's a link to the program . it has a fully working demo w out restrictions .
https://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html
Not only is it great for transcribing music , stuff like slowing down audio music , transposing 12 keys up or down w chromatic choices it also is fantastic for being able to work w videos ...

For example I have taken videos of my  Friend / Mentor Joe Pass and I slowed down his music . I was then able to loop the video to where I could grab what he was doing on the fret board at any speed I wanted / could play along at ... This all showed up great in the video ...
Now the only reason why I am telling you all this is whether you need another program or not ... it is not place to say ...the thing is today I took some MOV files I filmed , paced them in Transcribe and rendered them as clips meaning loops / sections of the movie and or as full unedited files ...
Doing these  exports I was able to render and convert my MOV files over to MP4 ...MP4 is a new option for Mixcrat 8 ...also MP4 is pretty much a given for posting good quality videos on u tube

if you decide to try the demo you may have a month to sort out the Vegas thing you have going on over at your end or if you like to transcribe music ..then hey maybe  I hipped you to something new ..
Now I'm not saying this program is a replacement for video software , if you need that you need it ..
what I'm saying is  this may  be a good way for you to convert some of your MOV files over to MP4 w out spending money 

OK having said that , I was able to go full out today and put Mixcraft 8 s Video editor through it's paces ..
I had already known that I would be very happy with Mixcrafts  ability to combine music and video ...
The Video that Acoustica has up as a tutorial pretty much shows what can be done in Mixcraft 8,
 I always want to find out for myself so ran my own little test 

I was pleasantly surprised about a few things on how well Mixcraft 8 handled  video ... 
Unlike SONAR and many other DAW's that will only allow you to have one video in the time line ...and that's it
Mixcraft allowed me to place as many video clips I wanted in the time line. some were short video clips , some were long un edited videos . I had music going on ..a tune of mine that I edited for the video project ...
the thing is once I started adding pics along the time line of the video I was pretty happy with how well Mixcraft performed ....
During my 3 hour learning session using Mixcraft as a dual music and video editor I did run across a lot of cool features , such as video automation effects and various cool stuff I'm not in a position to have fully used ...
Remember I'm just a SONAR user that is here to share my discoveries about getting along w  Mixcraft as a new good versatile tool to have and use ...
I'm only here to pass off a few impressions of how I'm getting along w the program ..if that helps somebody cool , if it doesn't that's OK too.

My overall impression regarding using Mixcraft 8 for video & music creation combined is Mixcraft is very good
Once again , I feel I got a lot more bang for the buck than what I paid for .
all the best ,

Kenny 

2017/11/28 21:46:06
BENT
Note... Copy effects from one track to another by "Alt-dragging" instead of Sonar's "Ctl-dragging"

I spent 3hrs in Mixcraft and bought it. For AU$120 it's a bargain plus. Mixcraft is worth the $$$ for it's improved Video editing alone.

Suggestion... Let's all put in and start a lotto syndicate and win bigtime, buy Cakewalk, invest millions of dollars into it and give all it's goodies away for "FREE"

Ah wouldn't it be nice 
2017/11/29 00:47:54
BENT
Oh dear, looks like Mixcarft is VST only as I can't seem to load any Sonitus Plugs.
Can anyone confirm this please.

Maybe we need more than One lotto ticket just to make sure we crack a big cash win :)
2017/11/29 00:54:25
AT
Kool, Kenny.  

Man, I've got so many software pots on the fire, and then this Cake thing.  I'm liking mixcraft.  It seems to have everything I need at first glance.

I'll try the translator suggestion.  Thanks - it sound perfect. I think Mixcraft would be great for comping a music video - stills, writing, imported movies, FX.  Again, nothing deep or expensive effects, but something to slap up on youtube, which seems to be the most important social music scene.

Will be in touch.
2017/11/29 01:00:15
S.L.I.P.
BENT
Oh dear, looks like Mixcarft is VST only as I can't seem to load any Sonitus Plugs.
Can anyone confirm this please.

Maybe we need more than One lotto ticket just to make sure we crack a big cash win :)

Check out this thread:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/How-to-Use-Cakewalk-DX-and-DXi-in-Studio-One-Really-m3696738.aspx

About half-way down the page, a Mixcraft user wrote this:

"I tried it in Mixcraft, I followed Anderton`s procedure and copied into Mixcraft VST folder.

Most of the Sonitus fx worked fine, two of them had a distorted sound.
TTS-1 also seemed to work, but Pentagon made it crash.

This has just been a quick test."
2017/11/29 05:07:21
BENT
Thanks SLIP
Sonitus plugs are now up and running but still can't get TTS-1 to appear.
There's two many posts going on to catch everything right now i'm in overload hahaha
2017/11/29 12:02:40
kennywtelejazz
AT
Kool, Kenny.  

Man, I've got so many software pots on the fire, and then this Cake thing.  I'm liking mixcraft.  It seems to have everything I need at first glance.

I'll try the translator suggestion.  Thanks - it sound perfect. I think Mixcraft would be great for comping a music video - stills, writing, imported movies, FX.  Again, nothing deep or expensive effects, but something to slap up on youtube, which seems to be the most important social music scene.

Will be in touch.

Hi AT ,

Kool right back at you

I hear you loud and clear when it comes to all the current software irons in the fire ..
I have so many software irons in the fire right now , the view here is starting to look just like a Bonfire from the International Space Station

have a good one ,

Kenny
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account