2015/04/03 03:28:32
icontakt
This feature should not only appear in the right-click menu (when right-clicking on one of the clips to bounce), but also in Edit > Preferences > Customization > Editing.

The feature should offer these options:

[  ] Preserve the current clip name (only works when the clips have the same name; clips with no name will inherit this name)
[  ] Preserve the current clip foreground and background colors (only works when the clips have the same colors; otherwise the new clip will use the default colors)
[  ] Preserve the current MIDI channels (event channels)

Oh, BTW, please stop forcing MIDI events' channels to match the channel selected in the track strip's C drop-down.
Reason: Midi 'bounce to clips' changes midi channel --- design flaw or bug? 

Thanks
2015/04/03 11:32:02
stevec
Two question...  

- If multiple clips being bounced have different names, what is the intended result?
- By default for colors, do you mean the track's colors?

2015/04/03 21:02:28
icontakt
Hey, Steve. As for your questions, the new clip will not have any name (just like it doesn't now), and the default means the black background and the track-color foreground.

HOWEVER, you can now also specify the new clip name, colors and event channel as desired!!!

The dialog box should look something like this:

Where did those who complained about Bounce to Clip killing the user-specified clip background color go? Why aren't they voting? 
2015/04/04 11:11:28
stevec
Voted.   I like the dialog box!

2015/04/04 11:29:04
williamcopper
Great idea, and a clear path for implementation with the notion of "special" bounce.   Don't forget "select all special" too, so that we can bounce ONLY midi or ONLY audio, since the needs for both are so different. 
2015/04/06 08:16:58
Lord Tim
This feature request comes from the discussion of a possible bug in this thread:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Odd-Region-FX-issue-m3200552.aspx

Basically, when you bounce down something to a new clip (be it a single clip or a combination of clips you're bouncing together), the resulting newly made clip is unnamed.

There's a good argument as to why that is: what would SONAR call this clip if it contained a combination of other clips with various names?

My proposal is this:

Rather than it being blank and having the user go into the track inspector and the clip properties to add a name manually, base the resulting clip name on the track itself.

Example:

You've recorded several takes of vocals onto a track you've named Lead Vocals. The resulting clips in that track are Record 11, Record 12, Record 15, Record 23, etc. Let's say you've done some editing on Record 11 and Record 12 and want to bounce them down together as a new clip (eg: some timing or tuning with a Region FX), currently that would bounce down to a new unnamed clip. My suggestion is to call that clip Lead Vocals (Bounced 001). Every subsequent bounce on that track would increase the number in the resulting clip name.

SONAR already does something similar internally in the Audio subdirectory when it names a bounced clip (it's based on the project name and track name and an iteration number) so it's a logical thing to do something similar on the user side of things for easier clip identification.
2015/04/06 08:36:01
BobF
2015/04/06 21:11:39
icontakt
2015/04/06 21:14:00
Lord Tim
I wonder if we could merge these feature requests to keep it all together and easy to vote on?
2015/04/06 21:59:01
scook
done
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account