• Software
  • Cakewalk is dead?--Have you seen this thread?
2017/11/21 17:04:58
SmokeyJ628
2017/11/21 17:15:54
bapu
Every thing/body dies eventually.

At least the software will run for years to come (until some Operating System change futzis it up).
2017/11/21 18:28:15
telecharge
So, where to next if they shut down the forums? Most importantly, where is Larry going?

Might as well try to plan ahead...
2017/11/21 20:33:30
gmon72
Hopefully Larry has a favorite second choice!
2017/11/21 21:36:27
Serious_Noize!
What I really don't like about this is if I do start using a new Daw, a lot of the plugins that came with Sonar Pro it will not allow use in another daw. I mean Melodyne and AD2 drums will work, but some others wont. So I guess I am going to have to look for alternatives to those plugins. I was really liking the new Adaptive Limiter, but unfortunately it wont allow use in another daw, so I will have to find an alternative to that plugin. 

2017/11/21 22:14:01
dubdisciple
Serious_Noize!
What I really don't like about this is if I do start using a new Daw, a lot of the plugins that came with Sonar Pro it will not allow use in another daw. I mean Melodyne and AD2 drums will work, but some others wont. So I guess I am going to have to look for alternatives to those plugins. I was really liking the new Adaptive Limiter, but unfortunately it wont allow use in another daw, so I will have to find an alternative to that plugin. 

I get that. There are times i turn in sonar just bwcause if a locked plugin i miss. Very few plugins are absolutely so unique that they cannot be replaced. Besides, by tgthe e time what you have is unusable, you will likwly have replaced even that.
2017/11/21 22:18:30
cecelius2
telecharge
So, where to next if they shut down the forums? Most importantly, where is Larry going?

Might as well try to plan ahead...

This is my question as well.   This forum and the Deals Forum are my go-to sites to find info.  Hopefully these forums will continue.
2017/11/21 22:38:20
cclarry
Right now I believe the forum will go for a while, as well as the software...
But it will invariably die, as OS changes WILL kill it eventually.  And, at the rate
that Win 10 changes it may not be very long either...so who knows?

That being said I'm trying to break into Studio One, as I have S1-2 Producer,
but so far they are not going to let me upgrade to 3 Professional (yet).  I'm
currently in "negotiations" to upgrade...LOL  I'll explain later...
2017/11/21 23:18:00
JonD
cclarry
... I'm trying to break into Studio One, as I have S1-2 Producer,
but so far they are not going to let me upgrade to 3 Professional (yet).  I'm
currently in "negotiations" to upgrade...LOL  I'll explain later...

Larry, I have the same version Studio One v2 Producer -- and upgraded to v3 Professional this morning.  Both JRRshop and Audiodeluxe offer $99 upgrades. (I ended up going with Audiodeluxe.  The final total, with their Fall discount, was $83.98).

I've already redeemed my code and S1 v3 is in my Presonus account.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

**Edit:  I just read the details about your upgrade situation. Hope it works out in your favor!
2017/11/21 23:46:28
Fleer
Happy with my Sonar for Mac. Not.
Still, would hate to see z3ta+2, Rapture Pro or CA-2A die on me.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account