• Software
  • Izotope sales on Vocalsynth? (p.3)
2017/02/24 10:17:05
abacab
Mesh
I actually got Vocalizer (1) when it first came out (I liked the idea of just talking into it and playing a melody on the keyboard).....TBH, I haven't done much with that. I got V2 cos it was on a no brainer sale ($19.99).....still needs to be put to use though .

I have yet to run a mic thru Vocalizer, but have hooked up the output of a synth (like SynthMaster) to the input of Vocalizer to use it as an interesting effect.  (Output the instrument track to a new patch point, then assign that patch point as input to an audio track with Vocalizer inserted).

Also just dragging a wav file with a song or backing track, even a drum pattern, into an audio track to work with as source can make some unique sounds.  Don't forget, each preset has 8 parameter snapshots to play with (the 8 blue buttons above the chord pads).  Some cool variations are included.
2017/02/24 12:33:43
smallstonefan
I have Vocalizer Pro as well but have not fallen in love with it; I have not gotten that great vocoder sound set. Abacab - I appreciate the info. I do know how to set it up but unfortunately, it just won't instantiate an instance of the plugin for me. Ah well, I'm moving on to other things...
2017/02/25 15:41:53
abacab
Too bad iZotope support let you down.  It seems the company is highly regarded around here ...
2017/02/26 01:33:32
mettelus
If you were specifically seeking a vocoder, there was a fairly long thread a couple years ago with recommendations, a good handful were free (SONAR's own Pentagon is one often overlooked). There have also been a few other threads (link is to a google search).

Just in case folks catch this and do not know... a vocoder requires a bit more setup than simply inserting as a VST, so can be frustrating without the RTFM part.

I am sort of surprised by the lack of resolution myself TBH. Vocalsynth does require special routing (outlined above), and IIRC there is also an "inserting in SONAR" section in the users guide.
2017/02/26 09:49:42
smallstonefan
I can instantiate VocalSynth in Sonar, but not in Ableton where I need it. I'm almost two weeks out from responding to my ticket with no contact from Izotope. I'll use with I have I guess. :)
2017/02/26 10:12:16
pwalpwal
hey james, it took me a moment to figure out midi-controlling it (i hadn't used it in live yet), but if you follow the guide section for "How to use VocalSynth in Live" it does work
https://www.izotope.com/content/dam/izotope/support/Help%20Guides/iZotope-VocalSynth-Help-Guide.pdf
good luck!
2017/02/27 12:27:09
smallstonefan
Thanks. Unfortunately, the plugin doesn't even show in the Ableton browser - so it's dead in the water...
2017/02/27 12:47:24
pwalpwal
that's weird - did you check vst paths?
2017/02/27 15:54:44
paulo
smallstonefan
I can instantiate VocalSynth in Sonar, but not in Ableton where I need it. 

Might have been helpful to those trying to help you if you'd mentioned that before. 
2017/02/27 17:06:38
smallstonefan
You're right Paulo - I could have been more clear.

In my defense, I didn't start this thread asking for help, it just sort of went there...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account