• SONAR
  • problems with breverb {Solved} (p.2)
2018/12/15 21:28:16
TEZ
mettelus
Yes, Jon Sasor commented on this in the release thread... the new CbB overwrites Breverb with a newer version, but then locks it to CbB again.

Do you know if this updated version still works in in Splat 2017.10, or is it just locked to CbB? Thanks...
2018/12/15 22:14:55
mettelus
No idea on that one. I never installed the newest version, but would assume it can also be used in SONAR. Cakewalk has locked some things to newer SONAR versions, but Breverb was present in the SONAR package previous to CbB. Hopefully someone can comment about that specifically for you.

If you do a Windows Restore Point prior to installation, you should be able to back out of the latest CbB update cleanly if you want to test it. An image would do it for sure, but that may be overkill for this.
2018/12/16 04:08:19
TEZ
mettelus
If you do a Windows Restore Point prior to installation, you should be able to back out of the latest CbB update cleanly if you want to test it. An image would do it for sure, but that may be overkill for this.

Thanks for the suggestion... A Restore Point's no biggy, an image isn't possible, but neither option is desirable & I've got all the latest Splat installers in a pinch. The question is just how the lock works, something in the registry tied to Splat or CbB? If it's based on the exe somehow then duplicating the ...\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins & the Vst3  folder would work, isolating Splat. If an old project don't work in CbB, it's good to have Splat as fallback. Hopefully it'll work for both & I'll hold off till some kind individual can confirm or deny that it does :)
2018/12/18 23:01:43
jlhawk
Many thenks mkerl

mkerl
Full Version has more Algorithms, more ambient Spaces, more Presets, Full EQ to name the obvious. There's a DEMO available.

https://www.overloud.com/products/breverb-2

Cheers 

2018/12/19 12:28:45
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
If anyone is still seeing the distortion with the updated BREVERB, please try to record the distorted sound and pass that along to either us or Overloud so we can work to resolve the problem.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account