Helpful ReplyI think we have a new update!

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Skyline_UK
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/06 20:40:41 (permalink)
Wibbles
https://www.bandlab.com/p.ducts/cakewalk/whats-new

This link doesn't work for me, I get a 404.

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
HIBI
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 00:11:20 (permalink)
abacab
I noticed these two new feature items in the latest update, and was wondering if they would replace any unlocked Overloud versions we might already have installed with newer locked to "Cakewalk only" plugins:

Updated BREVERB 2 Cakewalk full VST plug-in
Updated version of Overloud TH3 that is fully compatible with Cakewalk by BandLab

Some of us took advantage of Overloud's limited time special offer to Sonar users last year, for free unlock codes to these previous bundled Overloud Cakewalk edition plugins.  With the demise of Cakewalk we were wondering if we would be able to continue to use these plugins in other DAWs.  Overloud graciously helped us out with this.

So right now I can open these plugins in any DAW i choose, but I am afraid that this update could lock them down again. 

Any advice?

I also care about that... 

HIBI (Mad Marsa)     Twitter, Facebook

New official Cakewalk forum.
About new forum, read this: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3806006
mkerl
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 00:59:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby HIBI 2018/12/07 13:19:31
HIBI
abacab
I noticed these two new feature items in the latest update, and was wondering if they would replace any unlocked Overloud versions we might already have installed with newer locked to "Cakewalk only" plugins:

Updated version of Overloud TH3 that is fully compatible with Cakewalk by BandLab

Some of us took advantage of Overloud's limited time special offer to Sonar users last year, for free unlock codes to these previous bundled Overloud Cakewalk edition plugins.  With the demise of Cakewalk we were wondering if we would be able to continue to use these plugins in other DAWs.  Overloud graciously helped us out with this.

So right now I can open these plugins in any DAW i choose, but I am afraid that this update could lock them down again. 

Any advice?

I've installed the unlocked Versions from Overloud last year and use TH3 sometimes with Studio One. With the Cake Update made today I tested both Plugs in S1 - no Problem with TH3, but Breverb was locked to Cakewalk only and didn't open in S1. To be honest, I'm not sure, if I installed the unlock Version Breverb last year, maybe I didn't. However, I made backups of the install-files and of the Overloud EMail with the Download-Links and Numbers - the Download Link still works. So, I've run the installer (without uninstalling first!!!) and now have the latest Version of Breverb and TH3 unlocked and usable in S1, too. BTW, I've had no problems with the plugs in CbB before. Maybe I should test the Anderton FX-Chain with TH3 . . . . 

Cheers :)

Nothing to do but playing (Ch. Parker)
fitzj
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1487
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 01:04:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby HIBI 2018/12/07 13:19:26
mkerl
HIBI
abacab

Any advice?

I've installed the unlocked Versions from Overloud last year and use TH3 sometimes with Studio One. With the Cake Update made today I tested both Plugs in S1 - no Problem with TH3, but Breverb was locked to Cakewalk only and didn't open in S1. To be honest, I'm not sure, if I installed the unlock Version Breverb last year, maybe I didn't. However, I made backups of the install-files and of the Overloud EMail with the Download-Links and Numbers - the Download Link still works. So, I've run the installer (without uninstalling first!!!) and now have the latest Version of Breverb and TH3 unlocked and usable in S1, too.

Same issue here. Update TH3 works in Presonus, Breverb  not working. cannot remember if I availed of the unlocked version either of Breverb last year. Could be the reason it doesn't work.
Tom B
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 01:24:52 (permalink)
The BandLab Assistant update failed for me too after it tried to update automatically. Same symptoms as others:  "Authorization Error" and BandLab Assistant hangs. I followed suggestions from the above posts and it works now.  

Here are the steps I did (based on the input from previous posters):

1.) Terminated multiple "BandLab Assistant.exe" processes (via task manager).
2.) Uninstalled the existing BandLab Assistant (wonder if this is necessary).
3.) Downloaded and installed the latest BandLab Assistant from here:
https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows   
https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/whats-new   <- Try this path if the above doesn't work.

Thanks to the folks who posted above with the various suggestions.

- Tom B.
See the new Cakewalk by Bandlab Forum - Jan 2019.
Johnbee58
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 946
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 12:10:07 (permalink)
See.  They still love us.

John B

Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitor speakers.  Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings Pro, NI Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Auturia DX7 V, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer.

"I will create music the way I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening."   Dan Fogelberg, Singer/Songwriter-1951-2007
Euthymia
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 223
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 13:25:20 (permalink)
rogeriodec
Will not be the newer versions informed here anymore?

Informed immediately are the newest versions from the BandLab Assistant.

-Erik
Warning: if you tell me my issue can be remedied by buying more RAM, an SSD, or a Waves plug-in, I will troll you pitiilessly
Euthymia
  • Total Posts : 223
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 13:30:12 (permalink)
andyjobson85
The new control bar module seems to have some cramped/overlapping text though, the words 'project' and 'selection' are obscured (quite a long project, can provide screenshots if interested)

Might you have scaling enabled in your OS? This is known to happen when scaling is enabled.

-Erik
Warning: if you tell me my issue can be remedied by buying more RAM, an SSD, or a Waves plug-in, I will troll you pitiilessly
royarn
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 13:43:22 (permalink)
mkerl
HIBI
abacab

Any advice?

I've installed the unlocked Versions from Overloud last year and use TH3 sometimes with Studio One. With the Cake Update made today I tested both Plugs in S1 - no Problem with TH3, but Breverb was locked to Cakewalk only and didn't open in S1. To be honest, I'm not sure, if I installed the unlock Version Breverb last year, maybe I didn't. However, I made backups of the install-files and of the Overloud EMail with the Download-Links and Numbers - the Download Link still works. So, I've run the installer (without uninstalling first!!!) and now have the latest Version of Breverb and TH3 unlocked and usable in S1, too. BTW, I've had no problems with the plugs in CbB before. Maybe I should test the Anderton FX-Chain with TH3 . . . . 

Just the same plus the Rematrix player also had to re-authorize.
Roy

INTEL HASWELL Core i5 4670K Z87-K MB, 16 gig DDR3 ram, 250 gig ssd 1 x 250 gig 1 x 1TB sata 2 drives,Faderport 1, Motif ES 6, Focusrite 8i6. Windows 10 64 bit. Sonar Platinum Lifetime Updates.CbB .
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 13:59:01 (permalink)
Johnbee58
See.  They still love us.

John B

then maybe they can join in with some real info

just a sec

mariogag
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/07 21:28:13 (permalink)
Actually,

Do they actually care looking at the site anymore?

M
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/08 21:04:51 (permalink)
Nah.
jeremy@cominginsecond.com
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/09 01:01:51 (permalink)
I LOVE the new export module!
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/09 10:47:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby galeom 2018/12/09 10:50:31
Count me in as another person that Loves the new export module ...
I  love that I can now take whole sections of my project / tune and go all out cafeteria style on them  ...
I no longer have to pre mix to a stereo file first anymore to have all the parts arranged to chop it all up .
I can just export whole sections from my timeline  into a folder in my audio library and while Cakewalk is open I can create a mock up arrangement  on a  new track ....
I sure love being able to audition them too while keeping Cakewalk open . Since I am exporting at my projects tempo I can add or subtract  new modified sections at will ....

another thing I like ...don't know when this happened ...over by the lenses drop down menu is a double set of arrows  .
I like this set up . It makes it super easy to go full screen and then back to normal w out having to mess around ...

Thank you Bakers ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

JDNelson
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/09 18:49:02 (permalink)
Thank you for the update Cakewalk Team!
eve_ripper
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/10 10:32:29 (permalink)
Thank you for update! It’s very nice to have Pverloud products again.
I’ve never worked hard in BandLab editor.
https://www.bandlab.com/r...sGGu2iDJo0aTIlZPlV7yig
I was trying to upload my Cakewalk project to BandLab. It did well. But after updating on my iOS devices I’ve accidentally deleted project.
Is there a way to undo this?) of course I will upload it again on my pc. But when I’m not at home, are there any chances?)
royarn
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/12 14:24:18 (permalink)
Im a bit concerned now that we'll have to re install our overloud plugins everytime we update CbB from now on if like me we have the Overloud registered versions. Can anyone confirm?.
Roy

INTEL HASWELL Core i5 4670K Z87-K MB, 16 gig DDR3 ram, 250 gig ssd 1 x 250 gig 1 x 1TB sata 2 drives,Faderport 1, Motif ES 6, Focusrite 8i6. Windows 10 64 bit. Sonar Platinum Lifetime Updates.CbB .
msmcleod
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/12 14:38:53 (permalink)
royarn
Im a bit concerned now that we'll have to re install our overloud plugins everytime we update CbB from now on if like me we have the Overloud registered versions. Can anyone confirm?.
Roy

I've got the full version of Overloud TH3 and didn't need to re-install anything after upgrading CbB... it just worked.

Mark McLeod
Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
mkerl
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/12 14:57:43 (permalink)
msmcleod
royarn
Roy

I've got the full version of Overloud TH3 and didn't need to re-install anything after upgrading CbB... it just worked.

But does it still work outside of Cakewalk?

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 284
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/12 16:24:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby HIBI 2018/12/12 16:49:09
Full (paid) versions of BREVERB or TH3 will continue to work normally with CbB. The only issue is if you utilized the special "unlocked" installer from Overloud that was issued before Cakewalk was revived. The new (2018.11) installer includes an updated version of BREVERB Cakewalk which has an update for Overloud's authorization that locks BREVERB Cakewalk to Cakewalk. You can reinstall Overloud's previous installer if you wish to unlock again, however it will not be up to date (the new version with 2018.11 includes stability fixes). As Cakewalk never distributed this unlocked installer, there's nothing on our end we can do, so I'd suggest contacting Overloud or upgrading to the full version of BREVERB.

Jonathan Sasor
Quality Assurance Engineer 
BandLab
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/12 19:57:55 (permalink)
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
The only issue is if you utilized the special "unlocked" installer from Overloud that was issued before Cakewalk was revived.

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing.  I did not want to spend the money to upgrade to the full version of the Overloud plugins, as the Cakewalk editions do everything I need.  I would just rather they stay unlocked, as I use them in several DAWs, including Cakewalk.

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
The new (2018.11) installer includes an updated version of BREVERB Cakewalk which has an update for Overloud's authorization that locks BREVERB Cakewalk to Cakewalk. You can reinstall Overloud's previous installer if you wish to unlock again, however it will not be up to date (the new version with 2018.11 includes stability fixes). As Cakewalk never distributed this unlocked installer, there's nothing on our end we can do, so I'd suggest contacting Overloud or upgrading to the full version of BREVERB.

I think that Cakewalk could make ANY plugin installs "optional", with an advanced dialogue during the Cakewalk installer routine.  This was the way that Sonar installers handled many plugins, so that you could just select program updates and/or just plugins, as desired from a single installer.  As it works now, everything gets slammed down the chute by the Cakewalk by BandLab installer.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
mkerl
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/12 21:12:12 (permalink)
@Jon Sasor
The question was, do we have to reinstall the unlocked Overloud plugs everytime we update Cakewalk? Would just like to know. To decide, what to do. An advanced dialogue for optional installation could be a desirable solution.

Cheers 

post edited by mkerl - 2018/12/13 13:18:22

M@
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/13 10:00:31 (permalink)
So this was done on behalf of/ by request from Overloud to bring the Users back to a Sonar-locked version, realizing (most) users would want the version with the stability fixes.....? Just wondering. Anyone feel shameless enough to ask Overloud for unlocked version of the updated Sonar-version ;)

Tracking: Sonar Platinum (X3 Producer, X2 studio, X1 expanded, 8.3) (64bit)
System: Win10 Pro (64bit), Asus  P8Z77 V Le Plus, I7-3770k, 16GB Ram, SSD System drive, Raid1 Recording & Backup drive, VS-700 Set, TC Konnekt 48
Instruments: Roland Juno Stage, Kawai CA5, Washburn X50Pro, Blackstar-One100, Merida,...
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 284
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/13 13:02:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mkerl 2018/12/13 13:09:13
M@
So this was done on behalf of/ by request from Overloud to bring the Users back to a Sonar-locked version, realizing (most) users would want the version with the stability fixes.....? Just wondering. Anyone feel shameless enough to ask Overloud for unlocked version of the updated Sonar-version ;)

I can't comment as to whether there was any kind of deliberate decision on the Overloud side as I honestly don't know. They simply delivered us updated components and we adjusted the installer accordingly.

If you install every update, you might have noticed this time that there was a significantly smaller download. We now have 2 versions of the installer. A full version, like all previous Cakewalk by BandLab installers, and an update one. The update installer only replaces the relevant files changed in a given update. In this case, that included the new BREVERB and TH3 files. If you installed the older version of BREVERB/TH3 now, when the next update rolls around, these won't be replaced again from the update installer (unless we're given anything new from Overloud). Just bear in mind the plugs got an update for a reason.

The full installer will load the current versions of everything every time.

Jonathan Sasor
Quality Assurance Engineer 
BandLab
mkerl
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/13 13:09:54 (permalink)
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
M@

I can't comment as to whether there was any kind of deliberate decision on the Overloud side as I honestly don't know. They simply delivered us updated components and we adjusted the installer accordingly.

If you install every update, you might have noticed this time that there was a significantly smaller download. We now have 2 versions of the installer. A full version, like all previous Cakewalk by BandLab installers, and an update one. The update installer only replaces the relevant files changed in a given update. In this case, that included the new BREVERB and TH3 files. If you installed the older version of BREVERB/TH3 now, when the next update rolls around, these won't be replaced again from the update installer (unless we're given anything new from Overloud). Just bear in mind the plugs got an update for a reason.

Thank you for the information

Cheers 

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/13 19:23:06 (permalink)
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]

Thank you for that information Jon.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/14 13:43:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby msmcleod 2018/12/14 17:42:10
The new incremental update installer scheme is a huge improvement over the old Command Center.
You can now download and install a new update in under a minute in most circumstances. Not only does this save bandwidth its a much better user experience.

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
a13xhp
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/14 14:24:11 (permalink)
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
The new incremental update installer scheme is a huge improvement over the old Command Center.
You can now download and install a new update in under a minute in most circumstances. Not only does this save bandwidth its a much better user experience.

Yeah, I think that it is a great addition but I am having some problems with the latest update. I have contacted your support and they are trying to help me but, for the moment, I would love to being able to roll-back the update. Is that going to be possible in the future? I am going to be honest, for the moment, BA it isn't useful for me.
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/14 15:20:59 (permalink)
Another thumbs up for the new export feature in the toolbar. This is BIG. NO more digging though pages to export. Export is one of the more common things we often do and it makes perfect sense to put it in an accessible location
Thanks!

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: I think we have a new update! 2018/12/14 17:25:11 (permalink)
Am I to understand that if I do this update, Breverb might not work anymore? I have no idea if myversion is locked or unlocked, pais or unpaid. It just works. I wouldn't want to lose it.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1