2014/11/11 00:59:17
stickman393
1. I want to right click on a bar and say "change from 4/4 to 7/8" and have the clips downstream stay in position relative to their bar number, and not slip by a 1/8 note.
2. I want to right click on a bar and say "insert 8 bars of 4/4" and have it just work.
3. I want to highlight 2 bars, right-click and select "delete" - by all means warn me if there is data in the range, "Are you sure?" - and just work - even if there is NO data in the range.
etc.

Edit: For background, see this post from 2003
2014/11/11 15:36:18
sharke
Yes I agree time sig changes should be a lot more intelligent. I cringe every time I realize I want to insert a few bars of 6/4 in a 4/4 project. It never works out the way you expect. Also seamless time inserts/deletes are way overdue. They have frustrated me since I started using Sonar. I've had huge headaches inserting measures in projects, especially when there's lots of automation. This should be a "does what it says on the tin" situation but it's not. Rock solid edit functionality should be the core of every DAW (aside from the audio engine).
2014/11/27 23:58:11
robinettl
Good stuff.  I find the timeline the weakest link in an otherwise great DAW.  I made a suggestion about song blocks that you might also like, as it would address another timeline-related challenge.
2014/11/28 04:02:06
Scoot
A copy an paste time signatures too. I'm guessing there is not one, as no one responded to my post in another thread on it.
Basic sequence is 3 bars 4/4, 1 bar 2/4, 2 bars 4/4, them repeats. I'd like to be able to copy and past this out.  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account