• Software
  • SOLVED I can't activate my CD Architect 5.2 on new PC (p.4)
2017/07/27 05:15:34
scook
If you are not activating DPro via the Command Center, run DPro either stand alone or in SONAR as administrator and enter the credentials for the synth. Make sure to use a recent set, pre v1.5 credentials will not work in v1.5.
2017/07/27 06:09:47
bitflipper
I completely uninstalled Dim Pro and re-installed it via CCC. It still tells me my evaluation period has expired and suggests registering it online. However, if I attempt to register it, the web page comes back and says it's already registered - and helpfully offers me the registration code to enter. Said registration code is then not accepted, says it's invalid. So I just don't use Dim Pro anymore, it's not worth the bother.

Sorry to the OP for the thread detour! I guess the tie-in that makes this relevant is that copy-protection may be a help to vendors but it never, ever does any favors for customers.
2017/07/27 10:57:07
pentimentosound
Thanks Bit    I hadn't thought to ask @ Sony. I can give that a try since Magix is so slow at responding.
Michael
2017/07/28 00:54:47
Maarkr
I had a problem with Sony Spectral Layers quite a while ago.  Seems like the serial that showed up on the program was one digit shy of what was required... tried doing an online install, offline install with no luck.  SIX WEEKS after dealing with Magix online support which couldn't solve the issue and when I got thru to their phone support who couldn't fix it either, I got a reply on their forum from (I think) the guy that helped write the program, and sent me a fix... voila, back in business.  
If u still have issues, post your dilemma on their forum in detail, and maybe a Sony programmer will see it and send you a fix.  I'll  have to go back in my archives and see how my issue was solved if you still have problems.
2017/07/28 11:13:30
pentimentosound
Thanks Maarkr. I still cannot open CDA 5.2. When I attempt to insert my serial number (which BTW worked/works on my old XP Pentium 4 PC)in the first window ( I assume that is activtation), I get the "error- invalid serial number" message. All 3 my Sony products are registered at both Sony and Magix with their original Sony serial numbers.
     I have posted on the Magix forum and a guy (rraud) has responded, but none of his suggestions has helped yet. Magix still has not responded to my 2nd support ticket.
     Magix did respond to my first support ticket, which was about my "CDA Trial expiration". I am deleting the licensing folder periodically to be able to insert the serial number. I even tried installing from my original CDA 5 disc, but get a message that "this app won't run on my PC". So, I've used the Magix download and/or the last Sony update for CDA 5.2

Michael
2017/07/28 11:45:28
fwrend
bitflipper
I completely uninstalled Dim Pro and re-installed it via CCC. It still tells me my evaluation period has expired and suggests registering it online. However, if I attempt to register it, the web page comes back and says it's already registered - and helpfully offers me the registration code to enter. Said registration code is then not accepted, says it's invalid. So I just don't use Dim Pro anymore, it's not worth the bother.

Sorry to the OP for the thread detour! I guess the tie-in that makes this relevant is that copy-protection may be a help to vendors but it never, ever does any favors for customers.

Hi Bit (sorry OP), if you still want to give DP a go, take a look HERE (my thread) . I ran into a similar issue and got it resolved - maybe it will help.

BTW, CD Pro 6 here and it loaded and is working fine for me. (at least some relevance to the OP :)
2017/07/28 12:48:02
pentimentosound
No problem, Wren. "Share the wealth" is my stance on forum use. It's not like I'll forget...LOL

2017/07/28 17:02:05
bitflipper
Thanks, fwrend. Didn't work, but thanks for sharing.
2017/07/29 17:11:09
ptheisen
Regarding CDA 5.2, I had a very similar issue as the OP when moving to a new computer, and could never get it resolved. I recall it also involved serial number changes from B5 to B6. This was long before Sony selling to Magix. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it was the sad reality at that time, so I switched to using the full version of Cakewalk's Pyro Audio Creator, which was still available then. I think you can only buy the LE version now.

Regarding Dim Pro, the problem may be related to confusion between multiple licenses if you purchased and installed Dim Pro separately prior to it being included as part of Sonar, starting with version 8. If you installed the one that came with Sonar, you now have two copies and they have separate licenses/registration codes. I ran into this problem too. I don't recall specifically what I did, but I think it may be as simple as using the right registration code for a given copy. Hope this helps.
2017/07/29 17:32:26
pentimentosound
Thanks ptheisen. I basically wondered if I could get CDA5.2 to work on my main desktop and retire/get rid of the old P4 XP PC, which I only use for making CD copies when I sell 'em. I suppose an answer or workaround is headed my way....
RE Dim Pro; I bought it then got free/included ones and had to figure out which was which....
Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account