2011/08/16 22:00:48
texasfrank
I've owned DimPro for several years and never had any problems creating my own customized folders to organize programs.  But recently it was necessary for me to reinstall windows on the same computer and all my software and windows updates.  Well I've got DimPro working fine, have the v1.5 update installed and the Expansion Packs 123 installed.  The only problem I'm having is that when I press F5 with the program list in focus, the display indicates that it is refreshing but when it is done the program list is not refreshed.  It just keeps displaying the factory defaults.    I have tried this in both the freestanding version of DimPro as well as hosting it in Sonic Acid Music Studio and get the same result: factory defaults.
2011/08/17 06:19:01
b rock
2011/08/18 01:26:57
texasfrank
Thanks for the solution, it worked!

In Windows Vista I found the programs.lst file in the path shown below.   It was the last item in the folder.  I think it may have been a hidden file that I didn't initially see so I went into the Windows Folder Options and set it to display hidden and system files.  Here's the path to programs.lst

C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

I renamed the programs.lst file,  then launched DimPro and clicked on the Programs list and in a few seconds it refreshed and generated a new programs.lst file to reflect the changes I made to organizing programs and folders.

2011/09/16 11:21:55
Grem
Yeah thanks B rock. Though it really wasn't the solution for me, it did get me looking for that .lst file.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account