2016/08/07 22:41:26
Kamikaze
At the moment creating a new png file for a theme requires changing an existing single layered image with a transparency. Changing the colour requires mixing it with another colour or a repaint. The former can affect the quality of the colour and the the definition of the icon on a button. The latter is more time intensive and requires skill getting the icon right, or loosing the texture.

If we had a set of vanilla layered files to work from . With the icon on one layer, the button texture on another, a fill colour for the button, and a transparent layer. Changing the theme's would become much easier.

It's been suggested that their is a lighter them in the pipeline, but I think this would enable us to create a variety of quality themes much faster, so can we have this instead, or in priority of.
2016/08/08 07:41:15
patm300e
+1 for this one
2016/08/08 23:20:41
Kamikaze
As an interim or compromise to this, could we have all the icons on a transparent background?
2016/08/09 10:27:25
Unknowen
Kamikaze
At the moment creating a new png file for a theme requires changing an existing single layered image with a transparency. Changing the colour requires mixing it with another colour or a repaint. The former can affect the quality of the colour and the the definition of the icon on a button. The latter is more time intensive and requires skill getting the icon right, or loosing the texture.

Not really... This was my 1st complaint within days of the ThEd coming out. But if you are using the right software you just need to select [Ctrl A] and then [Delete] and replace the image. You don't need to use the default CW image to create the replacement, you just need to remove the CW data from the CW image file before you replace it with your own...
Peace! 
2016/08/10 12:54:00
Kamikaze
Yeah, but there are so many icons, that repalcing with your own is a mission. Besides I want to keep the cakewalk icons. But with a button colour, button texture icon, transparent layer there's a lot to contend with.

2016/08/10 18:01:00
BobF
I accidentally clicked 1 ... I meant 5 ... sorry

+5!!
2016/08/10 18:17:54
stevec
BobF

+5!!

I just hooked ya up, Bob.    
2016/08/10 21:18:09
BobF
stevec
BobF

+5!!

I just hooked ya up, Bob.    

Thanks Steve!
2016/08/11 05:56:41
Kamikaze
I've tried emailing Noel just for the icon PNGs, they must have these already. I was working through the control bar and the icons for the collapsed veiw are all in their, which made creating new PNGs for those really easy. Soon their will be no more charcoal grey control bar for me (and others if they want it)

I'm not sure my PMs are going through though, and 2 messages are not showing in my sent mail from today, and a resend isn't showing.

Noel confirmed again a light theme is in the pipeline, so it shouldn't be difficult to provide the workings to us. And a light scheme would be the easier to apply colours too.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3462717
2016/08/11 09:40:13
Kamikaze
Damn, 17 icons for the smart tool alone. Killing the creative fun for me.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account