• Features & Ideas
  • Markers are too small to see while recording. Suggest color bands on all tracks. (p.2)
2016/02/29 20:21:21
Keni
Not what I'm looking for as far as this topic/thread is concerned...

My eyesight has gotten worse with age and I have trouble reading the names of the markers on the timeline... I use a 30" monitor at 2560 resolution, so the timeline is quite small...

2016/03/01 09:03:06
dwardzala
Keni, my reply was more for the OP.  I have a hard time reading the markers now as well (although I only have 20" monitors.)
2016/03/01 12:00:21
Keni
Thanks Dave...

I suspected that as I wrote it but thought... What the heck! :-)

Sorry for the distraction.... My thoughts were slower than my actions...

Monitor size isn't the final critical element though... It's the chosen resolution on the size monitor, eh? The struggle to have more on screen yet large enough to read! ;-)
2016/03/01 13:00:47
dwardzala
I hear you Keni.

I was thinking more about this - if there was a box, like the M:B:T or timecode box that displayed either the marker that had just passed or the marker that was upcoming (user selectable)  I think that would be really cool.
2016/03/01 13:45:51
Keni
Yes!

I was thinking we really don't need two time displays.... Maybe one of them could have Markers as a user selectable option added to it's current time line options?

2016/03/03 18:19:12
cryophonik
I'd be happy if Sonar just handled the Markers track the way that PT does - assign a different color to each section that is separated by markers (e.g., see Intro, Verse 1, and Chorus below).  Not sure how/if that differs from what the OP is requesting.

2016/03/03 20:48:42
VariousArtist
I posted this approach a year ago and it works for me:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Using-tracks-for-song-arrangement-info-and-markers-m3224655.aspx

However I would like to see it baked into the product rather than having to use my workaround.

2016/03/03 23:23:04
Keni
Interesting idea... I don't yet know if I like it or not so I endorse with a touch of reserve... Make it easy to enable/disable the color...

It makes it easier to see the boundaries for sure, but at my resolution, reading the marker's name would still be an issue...
2016/06/04 02:17:23
KyRo
Bumping this thread to throw my support behind Snehankur's suggestion. I'd love to see Cakewalk adopt color bands/regions between markers similar to Pro Tools' implementation, as cryophonik showed (pictured below). It would be very helpful, and a cumulative time-saver.

2016/06/06 00:43:13
soens
Like this?:

With italicized text & the option to extend marker lines under or over clips.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account