2014/10/01 10:13:17
Grem
The UI of the Drum map could use some updates.

My biggest problem with it is if I want to change an Output Port for the whole kit, I have to change everyone one at a time. You can't select all outputs together with "Shift" and then change them all at one time. So if you have 30 -40 pieces in a kit, it can get to be a PITA.
2014/10/01 10:32:18
scook
An updated interface and plaintext format for the maps would be nice. In the interim, to change all output ports at the same time, position the cursor on the top output port (or where ever the port change needs to start in the map), while holding CTRL and SHIFT scroll down to the last output port (or where ever the port change needs to stop in the map) then click on the output port drop down and select a new assignment.
2014/10/01 10:57:33
Splat
There are also two bugs.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Drum-Map-Affecting-Track-Solo-m2926042.aspx
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Drum-map-note-name-still-cut-off-in-Piano-Roll-in-X3-m3057997.aspx

I think it's pretty likely this will be overhauled in X4 as it stands out like a sore thumb. The UI definitely needs a refresh...

Cheers...

2014/10/01 11:06:53
Grem
scook

position the cursor on the top output port (or where ever the port change needs to start in the map), while holding CTRL and SHIFT scroll down to the last output port (or where ever the port change needs to stop in the map) then click on the output port drop down and select a new assignment.

I will give this a try. I thought I tried every combo there was. Will let you know if I have difficulty. : )
2014/10/01 16:45:11
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Would be curious to hear anybodies thoughts on what a new UI should look/feel like for a revamped drum map manager.
2014/10/01 16:57:53
Grem
I am not good at UI. I have worked with some beta programs in the past and what I thought was good, others thought... differently! : )

But I'll look at it and give what opinions I can. Hopefully others wil join in and see what we can come up with.
2014/10/01 17:06:22
Splat
More like the plugin Manager.
I don't see anything hierarchical about the drum map manager when in fact there is a tree like structure.
Mouse up and down can change values. Drag and drop everywhere etc. Velocity can be more like velocity in the track view, in fact make the whole thing look like the rest of the main interface like track view, and less like a dialogue box. You could redo the whole of the preferences like this to make it look more attractive (think Komplete preferences or something).

Cheers...
2014/10/01 17:07:52
Splat
Or make it like the drum maps editing in Addictive drums, maybe that is better. It is extremely user friendly. Ta.
2014/10/01 17:12:12
scook
For me, the biggest issue with the current UI is the map settings table. The map settings table would be easier to maintain if it worked more like a spreadsheet with functions like column sort, row and column lasso/copy/paste/delete. Storing the maps in delimited or tagged plain text would be a plus.
2014/10/01 17:54:29
Elffin
Drum maps could also be developed as a way to integrate "articulations" for sampling libraries. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account