• SONAR
  • Nomad/Blue Tube Plugins
2018/11/15 10:56:01
Johnbee58
I've recently installed CbB on my bedroom PC (apart from my main music PC in my studio) and found that the Blue Tube/Nomad effects plugins are not on the second one on the bedroom PC.  Could this be because when I bought X3 Studio in June of 2014 they came as a package with that?  If so, this tells how much I need to keep my X3 install discs/online files.  I use those plugins occasionally, so I'm glad I found this out.

John B.
2018/11/15 11:15:09
pgw
Yes, that´s the explanation, they were included until the last revision of Sonar Platinum.
I think you should be able to install just Blue Tubes by choosing custom installation in X3, I´m not 100% sure, but I think the Blue Tubes plugins in X3 are the latest version. Nomad´s own installer has only had other plugins added to it, if I remember correctly.
This forum sticky has a chart describing the differencies between the versions: http://forum.cakewalk.com...-4282018-m3750958.aspx
2018/11/15 15:56:29
Johnbee58
So, that's saying I would have to install Sonar X3 on my 2nd PC if I want the Blue Tubes to show up on CbB too?
Would this also be the case if I had to replace my music PC with a new one?  IS there no way to just get the BT plugins without having to install X3?

JB
2018/11/15 16:04:23
JoseC.
Johnbee58
So, that's saying I would have to install Sonar X3 on my 2nd PC if I want the Blue Tubes to show up on CbB too?
Would this also be the case if I had to replace my music PC with a new one?  IS there no way to just get the BT plugins without having to install X3?

JB

I think that you should read pgw's post again, more carefully. What he said is that you should be able to do a custom install from the X3 disk choosing just that plugin bundle.
2018/11/15 20:07:37
Johnbee58
JoseC.
Johnbee58

JB

I think that you should read pgw's post again, more carefully. What he said is that you should be able to do a custom install from the X3 disk choosing just that plugin bundle.

He said he thinks it's possible.  Not 100% sure.  I'll try it next session. Thanks, pgw.

JB
2018/11/15 22:29:03
DeeringAmps
Use “custom install “ option, then select what you need.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account