2015/09/02 20:48:24
Vastman
Notecrusher
I doubt it's coming anytime soon. If it were it would be listed here
https://www.cakewalk.com/.../SONAR/Rolling-Updates

depressing...well I've got a few weeks of hard work ahead of me!  Figure I'll wait till the weekend to download and trial S3... have been watching the groove 3 vids...  Hope we get some feedback before then so I don't waste my time if this is in the works...

I can dream, can't I?  

2015/10/04 10:19:08
n13L5
+1
Vote/Bump

If it was just a clone of Studio One's feature, that would be perfectly great.

But knowing the Cakewalk crew, they'd make it even better...

This would save HOURS and HOURS of fiddling, and also enable us to be creative with our arrangements...
2015/10/04 17:19:35
skinnybones lampshade
This is a great idea! I would love to have an Arranger as straightforward and as clear, elegant and simple visually as the example in the OP.

It would be a pleasure and a time-saver. All in all, it would be a really useful tool. 

I, for one, would use it in every single project. 

2015/10/07 20:57:25
M@
Voted 5***** for use as an arrangement tool !!
Timeline & Markers are just too small and unreadable, indistinguishable. Clip-Groups get muddled up.

Voted also here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Offset-Mesure-One-m3097431.aspx#3098058
-> please take into consideration the offset/pre-measure one request there (or shifting of measures)

Also would like to see content of automation lanes to be treated as clips (i.e. splittable and selectable as in take-lanes). Thereby allowing quick copying of envelopes to other tracks or other parameters.
Further linking of markers with clips&automation when dragging ALL content (vs. cut & insert special)
I think this all falls into the same category of ARRANGEMENT features.
2015/10/07 22:04:31
Kev999
M@
Voted also here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Offset-Mesure-One-m3097431.aspx#3098058
...I think this all falls into the same category of ARRANGEMENT features.

I agree that my proposed "custom timeline" idea could be integrated with an arranger facility. I didn't mention it at the time just for the sake of keeping it simple and avoiding the thread veering off topic.
2015/10/08 00:50:16
Snehankur
stevec
Vastman
Wish the bakers would chime in on this one... seems so fundamental to all composers and the two biggest userbases... cubase and S3 now have it... 

Noel did chime in on page two, first stating that this has been something they've wanted to do for a while, but also (and maybe more importantly) asking about pure arranging vs. triggering arrangements in real-time.   I'm hoping that's an indication of things to come.   

Triggering arrangement would be faster. Once we find the arrangement is final then there can be an option "Rearrange" which will auto rearrange as pure.
2015/10/08 07:11:37
Snehankur
Can it be done in a different manner?

Instead of GUI, a simple window with a 2-column structure [Marker Name, No of times]
In the main track view we can put as many markers we need and then we can call up the windows which initially will have the table of list of markers and default number of times=1.
 We can then rearrange the sequence dragging each marker and if required we can change the number of times.  Also Control+drag-drop will copy a marker.

Play back from within this window will be according to this sequence.

We can save sequences and recall.

I am not sure.
Regards.
2015/10/08 07:18:23
Snehankur
Anderton
Meanwhile, I use Clip Groups a lot. It's a habit I got into with Sony Vegas as a way to move video+audio events around, so I was glad when it was added to SONAR. 

Can it be done in a different manner?
Sir, 
Instead of GUI, a simple window with a 2-column structure [Marker Name, No of times]

In the main track view, we can put as many markers we need and then we can call up the window which initially will have the table populated with the list of markers and default number of times=1.

We can then rearrange the sequence dragging each marker and if required we can change the number of times.  Also Control+drag-drop will copy a marker.

Play back from within this window will be according to this sequence.

We can save sequences and recall.

I am not sure.
Regards.
2015/10/08 14:05:33
Starise
I really like this idea as well.
In smaller arrangements I have successfully used the highlight and drag feature and don't forget you can put  larger clips in the matrix and have a similar capability, this is a form of packaged clip storage, but this isn't a total solution. The idea to have a song segment storage bin is excellent. If we could record a part of a song and make the entire thing a series of clips in one tidy package ,you could then drag that anywhere in the mix. It sounds simple but I'm fairly sure it isn't  a painless thing to implement and would be dependent on  other factors .I agree that this is worth more than tons of little fixes to me personally.
2015/10/11 04:41:53
Notecrusher
M@
Also would like to see content of automation lanes to be treated as clips (i.e. splittable and selectable) thereby allowing quick copying of envelopes to other tracks or other parameters.

This is a super good idea. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account