2010/05/27 12:17:33
SteveStrummerUK

On 28th October 2006 in the Guitar Tracks forum: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=891143

What a polite newbie I was, until I first encountered me old mate PistolPete!

He he, I stumbled across Grant's first post as well - coincidentally, he was a polite newb too, until he met Pete

2010/05/27 12:21:51
bapu
I (thought) I was a polite newie too.

I'm was pretty sure I closed with something like "TIA for any help".  

But who can explain my behavior whilst noting that I've never met Pete or his Pistol?

2010/05/27 12:59:07
SteveStrummerUK
bapu

But who can explain my behavior whilst noting that I've never met Pete or his Pistol?

He is more unfunny that you Bepsi.

In a sort of "tragically illiterate ignorant belligerent subhuman waste of space" type way

2010/05/27 13:00:40
bapu
SteveStrummerUK

bapu

He is more unfunny that you Bepsi.

In a sort of "tragically illiterate ignorant belligerent subhuman waste of space" type way

Finally, I'm a notch above something someone.
2010/05/27 15:33:24
Wookiee
Your true non sarcastic side showed through early then?
2010/05/27 15:38:49
jamesg1213
Ah, there I was look, all righteous and indignant. I kind of miss ol' Pete...
2010/05/27 17:44:57
Randy P
jamesg1213

Ah, there I was look, all righteous and indignant. I kind of miss ol' Pete...

That makes one of us mate.

Randy

uh...sorry...didn't see the bulge in your cheek.
2010/05/27 17:46:21
SteveStrummerUK

Wook - I guess I was rather sarcastic to me old mucker.  But seeing as he's as thick as pigsh1t, it all flies straight over his head anyway.  Generally speaking, out and out abuse usually seems to work much better.

James - I did spot that mate, very headmasterly

2010/05/27 20:55:28
foxwolfen
While PP could be a pill, I was kinda always on his side. He had a genuine point which nobody seemed to acknowledge: that he was misled by the advertising of CW and by the advertising of motherboard/on-board sound. He thought his purchases should work as advertised and was pissed off because they do not. In that sense, he was right (and still is), even if we all knew they would not (for various technical reasons).

I always felt his back was against the wall because he was made to feel stupid for not knowing that in the beginning, which is something that happens a lot here, as we all know.

Without passing judgment, we also know that some members here can be relentless when they decide to take exception with somebody or something said here.
2010/05/27 21:36:21
bapu
Wookiee

Your true non sarcastic side showed through early then?

What is this sarcasm you speak of Wookiee and how can I get some?

Bonus question:

If I were to get some should I use it judiciously or not?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account