2010/05/27 21:45:13
Wookiee
I could not possibly divulge any trade secrets

and

Yes, even possibly with some wise judgement for good measure.
2010/05/27 23:13:00
Janet
Who's Blisterd Pinkey? :-)
2010/05/28 03:27:24
SteveStrummerUK
foxwolfen

While PP could be a pill, I was kinda always on his side. He had a genuine point which nobody seemed to acknowledge: that he was misled by the advertising of CW and by the advertising of motherboard/on-board sound. He thought his purchases should work as advertised and was pissed off because they do not. In that sense, he was right (and still is), even if we all knew they would not (for various technical reasons).

I always felt his back was against the wall because he was made to feel stupid for not knowing that in the beginning, which is something that happens a lot here, as we all know.

Without passing judgment, we also know that some members here can be relentless when they decide to take exception with somebody or something said here.

Hi there Shad

I tend to agree with a lot of what you say here apart from one thing: Initially, Pete was never "made to feel stupid" because of his (genuine) point about what was advertised on the box about Guitar Tracks.

In fact, he was given some excellent advice by the friendly regulars (much the same atmosphere then in the GT forum as there is over in the Music Creator forum) on how to reduce his latency.

It was Pete who responded to this good advice with an ever increasing torrent of abuse that eventually ended up with him becoming a bit of a pariah around the place.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I've been a little hard on the guy but you do reap what you sow, to a certain extent.

2010/05/28 03:49:43
foxwolfen
Absolutely agree.

And the guy seemed to relish being picked on (as much as we relished picking on him, and I am just as guilty of that as anybody). In a sense it was his "thing" here it seems. I suspect ignoring him would have been far harder on him than the negative attention he gets (kinda like that somebody with 4 login names we know).
2010/05/28 15:39:34
ohgrant
I kind of miss old Pete myself, but let’s not forget though, we may have been hard on him but he was also posting in every thread and attacking everyone, taking out his frustration out on the only folks that were trying to help him. He was not here trying to make friends or even find a way to solve his problem; he was just here to rant.

2010/05/28 15:41:14
SteveStrummerUK

Hey Grant, do you want a link to your first post?
2010/05/28 15:43:55
ohgrant
I'm almost afraid...but go ahead and give it to me Strummy
2010/05/28 15:49:25
SteveStrummerUK
ohgrant

I'm almost afraid...but go ahead and give it to me Strummy

Here you go then brother: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1010601

2010/05/28 16:12:20
ohgrant
Thanks Bro, I guess it didn't take too long for me to give him the back of my hand, I've always strongly believed that we were not dealing with an individual with a real technical problem, but a company paid spammer from another company trying to mislead. In any case Cakewalk had no business promising anyone that Guitar Tracks will work with any soundcard without latency, but I still have a hard time believing that ever happened.

Edit: Still love that jacket Strummy....Classic GT forum days.
2010/05/29 04:28:38
SteveStrummerUK
ohgrant

Still love that jacket Strummy....Classic GT forum days.

He he, old Pete must be a virtuoso on that one-string banjo by now Grant

I'm reliably informed that he sometimes strums it left handed to make it seem like someone else is playing it

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account