2015/06/07 20:25:09
jih64
I got Muz3um working :) Even though I had long ago originally installed all the Rapture and Dim Pro stuff to defaults, the Muz3um multisamples were in Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples for whatever reason, so I copied them to Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples and now they are all good in Rapture Pro, only Galbanum Piscis to go, but I think that is up to Cakewalk, something to do with the .sfz files I think I read. I did try loading some of the presets that don't work in Rapture Pro in Rapture, and taking note of what samples are used, then trying to load those in the offending presets in Rapture Pro, but it wont do it. Then the 'almost' silent Rapture Pro factory presets and the volume irregularities. I could live with most of the volume irregularities, but the 'almost' silent ones . . . well they are practically useless.

Load times seem to be back to normal, around 3 seconds for standalone and in both REAPER and Platinum, the only difference from the other day after update has been computer shutdown and then restarted the next day so . . . I tested it multiple times and it was consistent so I am happy with that.

2015/06/07 20:33:00
Doktor Avalanche
There is an accessibility/usability bug whereby if you go to another application, then go back to Rapture Pro (say by ALT-Tabbing in Windows, or just clicking on the title bar), the Focus is not set so the arrow keys (left/right/up/down) no longer work when selecting presets. So whenever Rapture Pro comes in Focus something should always be selected so the arrow keys work (ain't happening). Issue is with VST and standalone.

The other problem is I have still great difficulty in seeing what is selected in the TYPE and PROGRAM columns. The selection bar is just a lighter shade of grey. With the writing so small (or maybe it's the font that's not helping) it's really hard to see.
2015/06/08 05:25:09
ShellstaX
jih64
I got Muz3um working ... copied them to ...

As has been posted before ... you can just 'link/junction' them if you don't want to maintain duplicates ...

as per http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3214357 ...  
cmd.exe

cd C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples

mklink /J "Digital Sound Factory Volume 3" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common
\Cakewalk\x64\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory Volume 3"

Keep in mind - these are my files as an example. Understand what you are doing before actioning 'hacks'.

I've currently done this with 12 of my legacy packs

NOTE though: a junction is just a pointer, so any 'action' will affect the source multisamples. You can 'delete' the junction and it won't delete the files from the original location. But if you 'move' the junction it will also move the original subfolders/files.

cmd.exe
C:\>mklink ?
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
Creates a symbolic link.

MKLINK [[/D] | [/H] | [/J]] Link Target

/D      Creates a directory symbolic link.  Default is a file
                symbolic link.
        /H      Creates a hard link instead of a symbolic link.
        /J      Creates a Directory Junction.
        Link    specifies the new symbolic link name.
        Target  specifies the path (relative or absolute) that the new link
                refers to.

2015/06/08 08:19:46
Doktor Avalanche
There should be a better way, should not have to use mklink. File paths should be set up in a settings section somewhere,I think the prog file format should be upgraded/replaced. Hard coded file paths are not good.
2015/06/08 10:14:53
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
So long as your multisamples actually exist in either Rapture Pro's or Dimension/Rapture 1's multisample folders, everything should load correctly without any need to do anything special. Alex had the unusual case of an incorrect imported value, but that's likely due to something from a previous SONAR/Rapture 1 install on his system. 

I'll use Alex's Steinberger Bass pack case as an example of how a typical scenario goes. User has Rapture 1.2.2 installed, multisamples installed to either C: or an external drive (the behavior as far as Rapture Pro is concerned will be identical). They've installed their Steinberger pack, and this loads and plays correctly in Rapture 1.2.2.

Next, they install Rapture Pro. Again, the exact location of where they choose to put their Sample Data directory doesn't matter, but for the sake of argument, let's say D:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data. Rapture Pro then completes the rest of the installation, and as part of this, copies the existing Rapture 1.2.2 programs into Rapture Pro's own programs folder. 

Now you open your host, and insert Rapture Pro. With Update 1, you'll notice Rapture 1's programs now have the lovely new custom bank art (and the bank selection brackets). You go to the Steinberger Type, click to load one of the programs, and now that Rapture Pro has your correct legacy multisample paths, will grab those multisamples directly from their original location, and everything loads and plays correctly. 

Hopefully this helps make things a little clearer (especially for the non-technical types). Thanks guys.
2015/06/09 06:59:46
aeigens
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Since the release of the updated Command Center for Mac OS, authorizations there have been working for the vast majority of Mac OS users, so if problems persist there, please contact Support as there's likely something unique to your system preventing this from working properly. 

I have contacted support and no solution. I keep on getting told to enter my OS X password correct. Of course I am entering it correct!!!! Ive been doing it for years! and all my other plugins work. cakewalk OS X plugins don't work due to authorisation - full stop. You have great products but they are f'd due to authorisation. CA-2A is still not working. ... and Rapture Pro is in demo as its been for a month. Are there any OS X Yosemite users that got rapture pro authorised? because Im not the only one with this problem as can be read in this thread.
2015/06/09 09:44:48
weeman182
I am going to write this once and expect a full detailed reply from a Cakewalk offical - I would like a refund on my purchase of Rapture Pro for the following the reason "The product doesnt work!". I am experiencing the same issues as all Fruityloops 12 user's inside Reaper. There isnt a issue with Reaper or my system and theres no need to provide details because put simply you repleased a update which causes more performance issues on loadup and still has'nt fixed the underlying problems. The solution at this point at this point is to debug your useless release and refund everybody that bought into it. Were not your beta testers we have no want or need to spend countless hours trolling your forum looking for answers that are never going to come because no one wants to get fired and i quote stating "It just doesnt work". Please give me a detail explaination as to how to get my money back out of this piece of ... unfinished code. FYI latest Reaper - Win7Pro SP1 - 64bit install on all products - 4790ki7 8gigRAM multiple discs and probably one of the best rigs on here. Ive seen free plugins loadup faster than your pile of ****.
2015/06/09 09:45:36
weeman182
And yes i am pissed of at you and expected more i will now be leaving the Rapture family for good.

2015/06/09 09:49:41
pwalpwal
weeman182  you need to contact cakewalk directly, rather than posting in their user forum, if you want a refund... a public forum's a good place for a rant, tho...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account