2015/06/12 11:22:28
dantarbill
It seems that there was a thread on this recently, but I'm unable to locate it now...

I have Rapture Pro working...in a separate micro host (Savihost) in 32 bit and 64 bit.  All the previously installed Rapture and Dim Pro content works...and some (perhaps a majority) of the new Rapture Pro content works.

However...

There's still a large number of patches that don't produce any sound.  In particular, most of the content under "Orchestral Stacks" and "Woodwinds".  Oddly enough, the very large patches that require 64 bit do seem to work.

Where is the thread that addressed this?

Thanks!

2015/06/12 11:49:24
dantarbill
Doktor Avalanche
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3236100

This bit (http://forum.cakewalk.com.m.aspx?m=3213591&p=1) about the error logs could be helpful.  I'll check this out when I get back to my studio machine.

I think I have the registry paths problems solved (http://forum.cakewalk.com...registry-m3235502.aspx), but then again, what's in the error logs might prove that stuff isn't quite so "solved" yet.

Ah...
http://forum.cakewalk.com...inberger-m3235517.aspx
...this might be what it was that I saw before.  I'll have to dig into it more deeply back in the studio.

By the way...there are some new "organ" patches somewhere in the new content that show up monophonic.  I know of very few monophonic organs, which leads me to believe that the patches are makin' noise...but they're not working as designed.  If I were a really wise guy, I would have written down the names of the patches in question...but again...I'm not in front of my studio machine.
2015/06/13 17:10:57
SimpleManZ
dantarbill
It seems that there was a thread on this recently, but I'm unable to locate it now...

I have Rapture Pro working...in a separate micro host (Savihost) in 32 bit and 64 bit.  All the previously installed Rapture and Dim Pro content works...and some (perhaps a majority) of the new Rapture Pro content works.

However...

There's still a large number of patches that don't produce any sound.  In particular, most of the content under "Orchestral Stacks" and "Woodwinds".  Oddly enough, the very large patches that require 64 bit do seem to work.

Where is the thread that addressed this?

Thanks!

So, I checked out these patches. It appears that some of them produces sound in limited octave range(s).
2015/06/13 18:16:40
ShellstaX
SimpleManZ
So, I checked out these patches. It appears that some of them produces sound in limited octave range(s).

Somewhat discussed here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Rapture-Pro-Element-Note-Range-Unions-Outliers-and-Sample-Keyboard-Display-m3221407.aspx
... so yes, ensure you are within the range covered.

... but the main reason for no sound is likely that it can't find the multisample(s) ... which will be flagged in the logfile ... and can be remedied through links/junctions/copies (if not addressed through patch release).
2015/06/15 16:07:08
dantarbill
I inspected the error logs after loading Orchestral Stacks/Accented Trem Huge.  This is a patch that is new to Rapture Pro, but uses legacy Dimension Pro multisamples.  As such, you would think that at least one of the places it would look is in the legacy path for Dimension Pro.

It doesn’t.

One of the sample files it’s looking for is…

bsf9tmoe1.wav

…which is located under the Dimension Pro multisamples path under…

garritan pocket orchestra\section strings\full strgs ks combo samples

It appears that Rapture Pro searches in four different places…

sample pool path:
C:\Music\Applications\Cakewalk\SonarData\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\

SFZ path:
f:\music\plugins\appspecificdata\cakewalk\dimension pro\rapture pro\multisamples\dimension combo textures\

flac:
f:\music\plugins\appspecificdata\cakewalk\dimension pro\rapture pro\multisamples

And a path based on the location of the original Dim Pro content
f:\music\plugins\appspecificdata\cakewalk\dimension pro\rapture pro\multisamples\

It appears that it never occurs to RapPro to look in the original content directory for multisamples that were in the original content.

While I suppose it’s entirely possible to mitigate this by using hacks like mklink and such…I would think that having RapPro use the registry legacy paths as part of its search strategy would be far preferable to having users jump through flaming hoops to get content to work.
2015/06/15 16:34:48
scook
When I loaded the program it picked up the samples from the RPro path. I did a full RPro install. RPro does have legacy paths but they appear to be used for legacy programs only. Since RPro is a superset of DPro, it might be easier to point the DPro multisample path to the RPro multisample path and use it as the master set of samples rather than relying on the legacy install.
2015/06/17 12:12:54
dantarbill
I solved the "Orchestral Stacks" problem with...

cd "f:\music\plugins\appspecificdata\cakewalk\dimension pro\rapture pro\multisamples" mklink /J "Garritan Pocket Orchestra" "f:\music\plugins\appspecificdata\cakewalk\dimension pro\multisamples\Garritan Pocket Orchestra"

...so I did a directory redirect to a text file (dir >mlink.bat) of the dim pro multisamples directory to get all the subdirectory names.  Then edited the file and created an ad hoc macro to create a batch file that looks like this...

F:
cd "f:\music\plugins\appspecificdata\cakewalk\dimension pro\rapture pro\multisamples"

mlink /J "00 - Wavetables"                             "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\00 - Wavetables"
mlink /J "01 - Grand Piano"                            "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\01 - Grand Piano"
mlink /J "02 - Drums"                                  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\02 - Drums"
mlink /J "03 - Organs"                                 "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\03 - Organs"
mlink /J "04 - Synth Basses"                           "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\04 - Synth Basses"
mlink /J "05 - Guitars"                                "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\05 - Guitars"
mlink /J "06 - Tines and FM"                           "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\06 - Tines and FM"
mlink /J "07 - Pads and Atmospheres"                   "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\07 - Pads and Atmospheres"
mlink /J "08 - Analog Impressions"                     "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\08 - Analog Impressions"
mlink /J "10 - Animated Textures"                      "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\10 - Animated Textures"
mlink /J "11 - Dance and Trance Riffs"                 "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\11 - Dance and Trance Riffs"
mlink /J "12 - Electric Pianos"                        "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\12 - Electric Pianos"
mlink /J "13 - Electric Basses"                        "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\13 - Electric Basses"
mlink /J "14 - Acoustic Basses"                        "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\14 - Acoustic Basses"
mlink /J "15 - Strings"                                "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\15 - Strings"
mlink /J "16 - Percussion"                             "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\16 - Percussion"
mlink /J "18 - Reeds"                                  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\18 - Reeds"
mlink /J "19 - Brass"                                  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\19 - Brass"
mlink /J "20 - Waveguide"                              "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\20 - Waveguide"
mlink /J "21 - Vocals"                                 "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\21 - Vocals"
mlink /J "22 - Ethnic and World Instruments"           "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\22 - Ethnic and World Instruments"
mlink /J "30 - Extended Waves"                         "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\30 - Extended Waves"
mlink /J "31 - Transients"                             "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\31 - Transients"
mlink /J "32 - Rapture Scapes"                         "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\32 - Rapture Scapes"
mlink /J "34 - Twisted Textures"                       "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\34 - Twisted Textures"
mlink /J "36 - Twisted Modeling"                       "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\36 - Twisted Modeling"
mlink /J "37 - Twisted sfz"                            "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\37 - Twisted sfz"
mlink /J "40 - Stabs and Hits"                         "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\40 - Stabs and Hits"
mlink /J "53 - Gibson Gold Top Neck"                   "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\53 - Gibson Gold Top Neck"
mlink /J "70 - Drum Loops"                             "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\70 - Drum Loops"
mlink /J "71 - Musical Loops"                          "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\71 - Musical Loops"
mlink /J "72 - REX Drum Loops"                         "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\72 - REX Drum Loops"
mlink /J "80 - Test sounds"                            "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\80 - Test sounds"
mlink /J "90 - Noises"                                 "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\90 - Noises"
mlink /J "96 - Virtual B3"                             "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\96 - Virtual B3"
mlink /J "97 - Effects"                                "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\97 - Effects"
mlink /J "98 - Special"                                "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\98 - Special"
mlink /J "99 - Vintage Sound Library"                  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\99 - Vintage Sound Library"
mlink /J "Architecture Waveforms"                      "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Architecture Waveforms"
mlink /J "Cabinet and Amp Simulations"                 "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Cabinet and Amp Simulations"
mlink /J "Custom"                                      "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Custom"
mlink /J "Digital Sound Factory"                       "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory"
mlink /J "Digital Sound Factory E-MU Proteus Examples" "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory E-MU Proteus Examples"
mlink /J "Digital Sound Factory Keys"                  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory Keys"
mlink /J "Digital Sound Factory Symphonic Strings HD"  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory Symphonic Strings HD"
mlink /J "Dimension Pro Holiday Pack"                  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Dimension Pro Holiday Pack"
mlink /J "Hollywood Edge FX"                           "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Hollywood Edge FX"
mlink /J "Pro-Sounds"                                  "F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Pro-Sounds"

Well...maybe you didn't want to see that much detail...but it should make everything in the Dim Pro multisamples directory visible in Rap Pro.

Ooops!  All those mlink's should have been mklink.
2015/06/17 12:40:17
ShellstaX
I didn't have to do all that Dan. I'll have a closer look in the morning ... but something doesn't strike as quite right with your previous 2 posts. Your Rapture Pro multisamples shouldn't be sitting under a DimPro structure. If it works for ya great ... but it's confusing at best. Other peoples structures are likely not the same.
2015/06/17 12:51:10
dantarbill
ShellstaX
Your Rapture Pro multisamples shouldn't be sitting under a DimPro structure.

That wasn't my choice.  That's what the Rapture Pro installer decided to do to me.  See post #14 of this thread...

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Rapture-Pro-Hardgroove-Steinberger-m3235517.aspx

ShellstaX
If it works for ya great ... but it's confusing at best.

I will fully assent that this is confusing.  However...there is no registry entry for dim/rap/pro on my system that contains this path...so it must be something that makes sense to Rapture Pro internally.  Furthermore, lacking a registry reference, I don't know of a way to correct it without breaking all the Rapture Pro content.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account