2015/04/21 09:22:15
AdamGrossmanLG
Please Cakewalk, please, i beg of you.
Please allow coloration of the clip background colors automatically (without having to color them manually).
Perhaps when you change the color of a track (or point it to a bus with a color), the clip backgrounds change as well!   
Right now if you color a clip background manually, the minute you bounce to clips, they change back to black.

BLACK ON BLACK IS HARD ON THE EYES!!

Look how nice this looks:

2015/04/21 09:58:04
icontakt
I could be wrong, but I think you still haven't voted for this request:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Bounce-to-Clips-Special-m3201636.aspx

Yes, you did post a comment, but you didn't actually vote (by clicking the fifth star in the upper right corner of the original post), IIRC.
2015/04/21 09:58:25
BobF
I just had a look thru color customization options.  Seems like the options are hit/miss in the same way keyboard shortcuts are.

In the mean time, it looks like the Bright preset might help until more customization options become available
2015/04/21 10:01:25
AdamGrossmanLG
icontakt
I could be wrong, but I think you still haven't voted for this request:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Bounce-to-Clips-Special-m3201636.aspx

Yes, you did post a comment, but you didn't actually vote (by clicking the fifth star in the upper right corner of the original post), IIRC.

i did now.   
2015/04/21 10:05:21
icontakt
alewgro
BLACK ON BLACK IS HARD ON THE EYES!! 

Btw, you can change the Clip pane background color to a brighter color, or colors, like this:

2015/04/21 10:07:14
AdamGrossmanLG
eh - doesn't look that great really.  plus all the clips are still black by default.
2015/04/21 10:13:16
icontakt
alewgro
eh - doesn't look that great really.  plus all the clips are still black by default.

But it's highly efficient for users who need different clip background colors for different groups of linked clips, and want no background color (=just black) for all non-linked clips. Something Digital Performer can't do (EDIT: I mistakenly thought the daw in the screenshot was DP, but it's actually Pro Tools).
2015/04/21 10:27:33
AdamGrossmanLG
wait, you have a way to make clips backgrounds not black by default and will also keep the color you want?
2015/04/21 12:08:51
icontakt
No, I didn't mean that. But I think someone mentioned (in one of your preivious threads IIRC) that you can do that by importing colors from a previous version or something. But I'm not sure, because I wan't interested (I've been happy with the default clip background color being black).

I think your problem isn't about "Hard To See." Because, Sonar can change the CLIPS PANE background color to the gray color which your screenshot of Pro Tools is showing (hey, I thought that was Digital Performer, but it's Pro Tools, isn't it?). Black clips on a gray background isn't hard to see, IMO. But if you want all clips on the track to have the same color and want each track to have a different clip background color, it's not possible (except for the method someone mentioned in one of your previous threads) and I can understand your pain.

The best solution would be a "Clip background color follows track (header) color" option.
2015/04/21 12:31:32
icontakt
I've just found what I consider to be the same request, made previous by the same poster (OP):
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Bring-Back-Color-Preferences-For-Default-Clip-Backgrounds-and-Foregrounds-As-in-X2-m3124244.aspx

@forum host: Maybe these threads should be merged?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account