2015/12/11 08:53:54
wetdentist
as of now, if you have a .cwb or .bun file that is corrupted, it is dead even though it may be only 1 little detail that is preventing it from being opened up/salvaged.  for this reason, i no longer back up my projects as bundles (nor have i since early 2008).  currently, the only "solution" for opening up a corrupted bundle file is to open it up in Safe Mode, which is kind of ridiculous because nothing from inside the project appears in Safe Mode, just an empty shell of the project.  wouldn't it be cool, if there was a utility that could open up everything inside the cwb file EXCEPT the element that was corrupting it? for example, i know now (but probably didn't at the time) that you cannot save a project as a bundle if it has an Audio Snap clip in it.  so if an Audio Snap clip is corrupting the cwb file, make it so that the cwb file will open up WITHOUT the Audio Snap clip.
i would be cool with that!
2015/12/11 09:37:53
Lord Tim
I seem to have a memory that .CWB are based on .ZIP files, and in that case, if something was corrupt, you'd get a CRC error overall rather than just one part of it being corrupt and able to be skipped.

Happy to be set straight by anyone with a better memory than I have!
2015/12/11 22:21:12
...wicked
Agreed. I don't trust anything that uses a file format which can get corrupted and kill the the file. I have the same feeling about backup software that saves proprietary image formats. 
2015/12/12 05:50:56
mudgel
An AudioSnap clip cannot corrupt a cwb file. Why? If a project has an Audio Snap clip in it, you can't make it into a bundle. You'll get an error message if you try.
2015/12/12 07:54:54
wetdentist
mudgel
An AudioSnap clip cannot corrupt a cwb file. Why? If a project has an Audio Snap clip in it, you can't make it into a bundle. You'll get an error message if you try.

was that the case during Sonar 7? maybe it wasn't an Audio Snap clip.  i don't know.  i just wish i could open the 4 cwb files i have that are corrupted.
2015/12/12 10:01:01
mettelus
I seem to recall a thread where you can change the extension of a cwb (to wav?) and open in a wave editor, but cannot remember details on that thread.
2015/12/12 11:29:36
scook
2015/12/14 11:56:29
wetdentist
yes but it seems like it would be pretty difficult to reassemble a project file from a single wav file, which is why a utility program would be good
2015/12/15 01:09:29
John
I believe you can send them to CW and they can sometimes open them. I would check this if they are important to you. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account