2015/05/08 10:37:09
AT
It is a REPLACEMENT for DimPro and Rapture.  It allows you to add 2 elements to already complex DimPro programs

It ADDs new content.  Many synth companies spend most of their resources on content, since that is where the money is after the engine is finished.  Hopefully Cake will be providing "teasers" of new content they can then sale, rinse and repeat.  Evergreen the synth,  until Rapture SuperPro comes out.  At the very least Cake should have a site where users could upload sounds/patches.  That would keep interest up.

It ADDs performance tricks, esp. w/ pads and the vector pad.

Hopefully they'll keep refining the performance aspect - I'd love to see something similar to Alchemy's Remix pad.  Another nod to Alchemy is expanding the engine.  I'd love to see wavetable sequencing, along w/ the wavetables, added.  And control, such as using the mod wheel to sweep through the table (I love using the FIZMO wavetable knob for that). I'd love to see some kind of visual editor for SFZ that you could open from RaptPro (that could be a nice stand alone product, too, for all those who hate programming in text).

I'm hoping it follows the new SONAR parameters, with frequent updates to keep it current and in the public's eye.

@

2015/05/08 11:03:11
lawajava
Anderton
1. Not have the artificial division between the two instruments.
2. Update to a more modern code base.
3. Not obsolete existing expansion packs so people could do everything with RP they did with Rapture and DP.
4. Make it easier to use in live performance, or for "live in the studio" fans
5. Provide a modern platform for future content.

Thanks for the quick summary Craig. I'm on the fence until the early discount timeframe will expire. Then I'll have to decide. Certainly haven't been enthused from what samples I've heard so far. They were too outrageous.
2015/05/08 11:26:06
lfm
Doktor Avalanche
It was released too early. It probably needs another 3 months of service packs and then it will kick ass.

+1 Cake is really listening, taking in feedback.

Idea is really good.
2015/05/08 15:22:54
Dan_E10
Anderton

1. Not have the artificial division between the two instruments.

I remember quite a few posts (like this one) on various forums when Rapture and Dimension Pro came out inquiring about the difference was between the two.  There definitely appeared to be a lot of overlap with Rapture offering more flexibility.  Having a single synth like Rapture Pro in the lineup makes a lot more sense to me.
Dan
2015/05/09 08:19:05
Grem
AT

I'd love to see some kind of visual editor for SFZ that you could open from RaptPro (that could be a nice stand alone product, too, for all those who hate programming in text).

@

I would pay for a program like this. Seriously. This would open this program wide open!

Very early on I had a audio interface (it was called a sound card back then!) called Turtle Beach Pinnacle. It had an on board Kurzweil M1 synth on it that was programmable. It wasn't hard to program, if you knew what you were doing. If you didn't know,.it was difficult.

Several people made editors for programming the on board synth and charged money for it. At first I resisted buying. I mean I could teach myself to do it for free! I ended up buying the most expensive editor for the synth because it was also the best. I never regretted the purchase.

Same here. If we had a sfz file creator program with drop down menu style choices, this would help the user base create our own programs to share with other users. I would pay for this.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account