• Features & Ideas
  • Track colors should be stored/recalled with Track Templates (p.3)
2015/06/02 19:09:50
skinnybones lampshade
Yes, I gave this five stars, Susan. Colour makes everything so much easier to identify without strain. Not needing to set it up over and over would really save aggravation.
Thank you for making this suggestion.
2015/06/03 01:30:22
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
If the track template is created with a different color than the existing bus, what should happen for the track? Change to the bus color, or stay as the user defined?

If/when track templates do store color info, this should be a user defined behavior.

If the track color is set to "follow bus", then it should follow the bus color. period. if the bus comes from (A) a template, it should bring its color along, if (B) the bus is already there nothing should change.

meaning ...

in case (A) the bus did not exist prior to loading the template, so you can't have any tracks routed to the new bus apart from those in the template => your template will load as you saved it, tracks and bus should have colors from the template

in case (B) the bus is already there (containing different FX, ProChannel, and bus color settings), so loading the template should not change anything in the existing bus (if I would want that to happen I could simply delete the bus prior to loading the template), hence all existing and newly added tracks with "follow bus" settings take over the colors from the existing bus ...

I don't see a need for user defined behaviour (that would make life less complicated)

2015/06/03 15:37:48
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Yea, but maybe I want the new track to not follow the existing bus color, to be the default color, but the template is the one I want to use.

And/or the track was not set to follow the bus color, but now I want it to.

And so on.

User settings for every behavior is preferred.

2015/06/15 23:42:18
Susan G
Thanks Laura, et. al.!

The original request was for user-assigned track colors to be saved/restored with track templates, and that's gotten quite a few votes. Expansions on and options for that request are welcome (and keep 'em coming!) but I think it's more likely that the original request will be implemented if it's kept simple at this point.

-Susan
2015/06/16 14:30:54
Mystic38
^ Agreed, 
A stored track template with colors should simply be recalled with the colors stored.
I also see zero need to complicate this at all, and while there are a bunch of "what if" type issues related to following bus colors, it is a fair assumption that the amount of track color changes to execute post this mod must be less than those without this mod.
2015/06/17 10:55:23
BobF
An easy way (in my mind) to account for all of these possibilities would be to make the selected save with the template, AND have a checkbox to "lock" the color.  Unchecked would allow the selection to follow the current options.
2015/08/19 10:10:05
Tunerman
"I'd buy that for a dollar!" to quote The Running Man movie. Big yes to colors. Bumping this as I just learned to save folders-the workaround way of selecting tracks and the folders followed. To my dismay the colors did not follow my new track template.

2015/08/19 10:24:33
BobF
It's time for this to happen!
2015/08/22 14:17:37
Vastman
Funny how such a small thing can interrupt the creative juices... I absolutely love Sonar's powerful templates and at first couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong when colors weren't being saved... Consistency is lost, time is wasted, and oh... just please fix this... I'm beginning to use The Craig's vibrant colors idea and it's a perfect time to make the templates "perfect"

get it done, pleeeeeze!
2015/08/23 03:34:06
icontakt
Susan, this is a bug.

See this post:
http://forum.cakewalk.com...-m2898250.aspx#3009848
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account