• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.14)
2017/12/17 19:23:08
Beagle
bitflipper
bwbalint
Simple answer is try it and see how it performs.  I can always switch back.  Anyone have any experience using the Magix low latency ASIO drivers?

I haven't done any objective test to compare the Magix driver to my regular Focusrite ASIO driver - too many variables - but "Magix Low-Latency" works fine. In Samplitude, anyway. When I switch back to SONAR, I have to change back to my Saffire driver in order to get any sound at all. So I just use that one for both DAWs.

when you open the "Advanced" properties of that Magix ASIO driver it looks pretty much exactly like the ASIO4ALL GUI.  I'm betting that's exactly what it is.

so I'm pretty sure that the Magix Low latency ASIO driver is a WDM wrapper since ASIO4ALL is a WDM wrapper and I'm pretty sure that the Magix ASIO driver is actually just ASIO4ALL.
2017/12/17 20:12:05
DeeringAmps
You might want to do a "loop back" test if considering their "low latency" driver.
T
2017/12/17 20:54:30
bwbalint
Thanks all!  very interesting concerning the possibility of a WDM wrapper. I did notice that the Magix ASIO did not seem compatible when re-opening Sonar.

DeeringAmps
You might want to do a "loop back" test if considering their "low latency" driver.
T

How would I do a 'loop back' test in Samplitude?  

thanks
2017/12/17 23:15:16
Beagle
bwbalint
Thanks all!  very interesting concerning the possibility of a WDM wrapper. I did notice that the Magix ASIO did not seem compatible when re-opening Sonar.

DeeringAmps
T

thanks

This would be the easiest way, IMO.

http://centrance.com/downloads/ltu/measurement_instructions.shtml

download the centrance software, then follow those instructions.
2017/12/17 23:19:24
DeeringAmps
The same as any DAW.
Send a signal out on 1 and bring it back on 2.
The two signals should "line up" perfectly.
When using ASIO drivers the host should do this automatically.
With WDM drivers you have to set the "compensation" manually.
This is the "25 words or less" explanation.
There was a very lengthy thread here years ago.
Be forewarned, it'll take a day or two get thru; IIRC.

T
2017/12/18 03:11:46
Larry Jones
bitflipper
bwbalint
Simple answer is try it and see how it performs.  I can always switch back.  Anyone have any experience using the Magix low latency ASIO drivers?

I haven't done any objective test to compare the Magix driver to my regular Focusrite ASIO driver - too many variables - but "Magix Low-Latency" works fine. In Samplitude, anyway. When I switch back to SONAR, I have to change back to my Saffire driver in order to get any sound at all. So I just use that one for both DAWs.

Haven't done much in Samplitude, but yesterday I had to switch from the Magix Low-Latency driver to the Focusrite ASIO driver because monitoring electric guitar through a sim the latency was not low. It was high. MIDI monitoring was working well, though.
2017/12/18 05:33:26
kitekrazy1
Beagle
bitflipper
bwbalint

when you open the "Advanced" properties of that Magix ASIO driver it looks pretty much exactly like the ASIO4ALL GUI.  I'm betting that's exactly what it is.

so I'm pretty sure that the Magix Low latency ASIO driver is a WDM wrapper since ASIO4ALL is a WDM wrapper and I'm pretty sure that the Magix ASIO driver is actually just ASIO4ALL.

Yep just rebranded ASIO4ALL drivers. 
2017/12/18 09:49:37
soens
So after getting Sonitus to work outside Sonar, it seems the reverb is quite similar to eFX_Reverb. It only has 4 presets but with a few knob twists I can't really tell much of a difference.

AND.... for some reason Sonitus Compressor DOES work for me. Not sure why not for so many others.

BTW, is there a way to manage a window full of plugins? Can't seem to dock them or even minimize them. Screen is getting crowded.
2017/12/18 12:40:15
soens
Trying to get Cakewalk released plugins to work today. At 1st Samp saw all of them. After authorizing TH3, Samp no longer even sees it. BREVERB has similar issues but I can't even get it to take the new s/n's.
2017/12/18 14:37:44
bwbalint
Beagle
bwbalint

DeeringAmps
T

thanks

This would be the easiest way, IMO.

http://centrance.com/downloads/ltu/measurement_instructions.shtml

download the centrance software, then follow those instructions.

Went to Centrance.com, filled out the registration form, received a response email from Centrance with a download link,  and then downloaded the file ce-ltu-37.exe.  Norton immediately quarantined it and said it was a threat named: WS.Reputation.1.  This may just be one of those files with little usage that brings up red flags for Norton.  

Have others downloaded and run this file without issues?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account