• Software
  • Comparing Sonar with Studio One (p.21)
2017/12/12 22:40:28
losguy
That is so cool, it is beyond-Cakewalk cool.

Also, I just signed up on BeyondCakewalk. I'm toneranger over there.
2017/12/12 23:17:19
rodreb
Does Studio One have Track Folders? If it does, do they work the same Sonar's Track Folders?
2017/12/12 23:22:44
Jeff Evans
Yes of course Folders are the go. Not sure how Sonar folders work but a group of tracks can be selected and a folder created for them. 

Tracks outside folders can be easily dragged into them.  Likewise tracks inside a folder can be dragged out.  A folder can be muted and soled just like a track.  Folders can be coloured the same as tracks or a different colour to the tracks.

They are great for making a huge mix look much more manageable. 
2017/12/12 23:54:35
shawker
and you can create a bus for the folder, which includes all tracks in the folder and routes the output of all tracks to the bus.  Folders works in console as well.  Studio One handles folders very well.  Maybe better than Sonar.
2017/12/13 00:23:00
Tom B
Thanks to all who have been sharing their knowledge about Studio One. There's also a lot of good information in this thread
2017/12/13 01:01:34
BENT
thanks for the reply's 

2017/12/13 01:03:12
BENT
Anyone know of a DAW where you  can see busses in Track View like Sonar

thanks

2017/12/13 08:56:30
rodreb
If I download and try out the Studio One Demo, is it easy to uninstall when I'm done with it? Does it uninstall cleanly?
2017/12/13 09:22:07
Jeff Evans
Yes but this article will make sure:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio-one//how-to-completely-remove-studio-one-windows

Just remember the demo is a far cry from the Pro Version but it will still get you acquainted with a lot of its workflow and general layout and features. 

Even if you decide to run with the Pro version it will installed in a separate folder to the demo so having the demo on there won't be an issue. But for peace of mind do the complete un-install and then install the full version.
2017/12/13 19:46:08
denverdrummer
rodreb
If I download and try out the Studio One Demo, is it easy to uninstall when I'm done with it? Does it uninstall cleanly?

Get the Revo uninstaller, it's a freeware product and will perform deep registry scans to remove any trace of any program that leaves behind artifacts through the normal Windows uninstall method.  Just go to revouninstaller.com
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account