• SONAR
  • How to convert keyboard "Style" to" Sysex" file? (p.3)
2013/11/12 02:43:20
LHong
Here you go - you should be able to get files as follows (Right click link -> save file as) - let me know!
Style input (rename it to .mid before to convert)
 http://hotfile.com/dl/254627850/eb0778d/AllNightTyrosStyle.sty.html 

Sysex output:
 http://hotfile.com/dl/254627762/a6bedae/AllNightTyrosStyle.SYX.html

The software which I had downloaded was not trial version and asked me for donate.

"MIDIOX" and "MIDI to SYSEX" are FREE! "Donation" is up to you, I think!

2013/11/12 04:51:54
ramtin

Dear Lhong,
I downloaded the Sysex files and opened it in Midi-ox. It seems that it is ok, but I am not insure. Did you try to transfer the Sysex to tyros, after you converted it from Style format?
If your Method works, it would be a great achievement for all workstation arranger user!

LHong
 The software which I had downloaded was not trial version and asked me for donate

"Midi to Sysex" is not run without donate, please follow the link
 https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=pSne25wv1IDNF-CZ-LXghgyjP4xT3JjIdpEoQ5OChILXm81PrPLxVXlauQS&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8def8934b92a630e40b7fef61ab7e9fe63

If you were able to send the converted Sysx file through cable, Thus, I can do it in Technics Sx Kn 1000.
Can I ask you to put the free version of "midi to Sysex" in "Mediafire" To download? Then I would be able to myself test the matter. 

Regard
Ramtin 

2013/11/12 13:16:09
LHong
  I downloaded the Sysex files and opened it in Midi-ox. It seems that it is ok, but I am not insure. Did you try to transfer the Sysex to tyros, after you converted it from Style format?
If your Method works, it would be a great achievement for all workstation arranger user!

No, I have not tried it! But as you said, It's good to know if this method works for other Workstations Arranger User as well!
I'm looking forward to seeing that you could use the "SysEx Style" format through the MIDI connection for your Keyboard successfully!

Can I ask you to put the free version of "midi to Sysex" in "Mediafire" To download? Then I would be able to myself test the matter.

It is the direct link from the Website, where I got it:
 http://www.bwalk.com.au/MidiUtil/SyxToMidi.zip 

Try it again, if it still has same restriction, only thing I can help is to convert it for you from .CMP to SysEx for 1 or 2 files, just send me your style files. Then you could verify it by yourself.

However, the best way is that you will need to contact to the developer directly, in order to get more supports or fix bugs in case needed. Keep in mind, since not many people are using this Method, don't expect it's "Bug Free" or it will work perfectly! And I would recommend to do so!

Sorry, that's all I can help!

Good luck!

2013/11/12 14:55:38
ramtin
Thanks, I will check and com back to you
2013/11/13 06:22:48
ramtin
When I play a Midi file in My Laptop using sonar and laptop sound card, the performance is good, but when I try to play it back from my keyboard (Technics KN 100), the performance will change and get disorder. by setting the channels and matching them between sonar and keyboard for other tracks except of drums, I can modify the performance in keyboard .It specially happens on drums track. I can not understand why it happens. Can anyone tell me what is the reason and solution?
2013/11/13 08:29:51
ramtin
LHong
Here you go - you should be able to get files as follows (Right click link -> save file as) - let me know!Style input (rename it to .mid before to convert)
 <a href="http://hotfile.com/dl/254627850/eb0778d/AllNightTyrosStyle.sty.html">http://hotfile.com/dl/254627850/eb0778d/AllNightTyrosStyle.sty.html </a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Sysex output:
 <a href="http://hotfile.com/dl/254627762/a6bedae/AllNightTyrosStyle.SYX.html">http://hotfile.com/dl/254627762/a6bedae/AllNightTyrosStyle.SYX.html</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>

The software which I had downloaded was not trial version and asked me for donate.

I download the file .l cannot use it before donation
Regards
Ramtin
2013/11/16 01:30:01
ramtin
Ramtin
Dear Jeff,
I apply the setting on Sonar and fortunately, I was able to fill the style in my "keyboard user style". But a small problem occur when I use the combination of sonar and midi file in order to fill the style. Actually there is happened some disorder specially on drums tracks when it is playing back through keyboard speakers. It may change the original octave on drum track and/or something else. Wherever, I had not the same problem when I had done the same, using "Style works XT universal" and the play back was performing very well through my keyboard speaker. As I have Many Tools in sonar such as loop, merge, copy delete etc.  ...and above all, I can set my keyboard clock with sonar to playback in same time, I prefer to use sonar to handle this issue and hope that you have a solution to remove disorder and match the drum tracks with the keyboard.
Regards
Ramtin

Dear Jeff,
After a lot of Studies and exercises, finally I got, why midi files do not correctly performed, when they are playing back in sonar and transmitting to my keyboard.As I understood Midi files are supported by General Midi Standards which are include of GM banks and GM Drum Banks. All the Midi instrument which support general midi use same banks.But Technics keyboard KN series except of KN7000 are not supported GM.Therefore when song/midi are playing back in the instruments the drum kits get disorder do not play correctly. 
For those midi files, which are compatible with my instrument, your solution is so helpful to fill the style,
Thanks for your support,
Ramyin
2013/11/16 02:44:35
Jeff Evans
Hi ramtin, yes you are very correct. I completely overlooked that and I am sorry for not mentioning it. The really stupid thing and I mean stupid about that Technics model is it's failure to conform to the GMidi standard. But it is a very cool instrument and I have heard more than once that people prefer it over quite a few others. I think later Technics models switched to GMidi though.

It's only the drums that are not going to work. All you have to do is create a drum map to switch everything around.
2013/11/16 04:40:19
ramtin
Jeff Evans
Hi ramtin, yes you are very correct. I completely overlooked that and I am sorry for not mentioning it. The really stupid thing and I mean stupid about that Technics model is it's failure to conform to the GMidi standard. But it is a very cool instrument and I have heard more than once that people prefer it over quite a few others. I think later Technics models switched to GMidi though.

It's only the drums that are not going to work. All you have to do is create a drum map to switch everything around.

Dear Jeff,
Please correct me if I am wrong. As I understood, it is possible to switch manually the drums into their right place  using drum mapper .I had seen the option in "Sonar" as well as “Style works XT universal”. But, I do not know how it works.However, I will check the Manual to find out how should I do it, But also your experience and knowledge can be more helpful for me. The main things that I am thinking about right now is that , Can I create Data Map drum once time and use it for any GM file to play back in My keyboard ? Or I have to create it separately for any GMidi file?
Regards
Ramtin

2013/11/17 03:12:49
ramtin
Hi, Jeff,
I had read the manual regarding drum map and found it as a strong function that can help me to perform GM song through my keyboard (Technics SX KN 1000).I have already done the follows:
1)     Go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI - Instruments.
2)     Import Technics 1000 Bank and Technics 1000 Drum which already had downloaded from cakewalk website. And set the port of midi track to Technics 1000 bank
3)     Set drum track in My keyboard to channel 10.
4)     Go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI - Drum Map Manager
5)     Create a new Map
6)     Go to preset box to find Technics KN 1000 drum map (It Is not available. From Technics series just KN 2000 is existed)
7)     Therefore, I choose Default from preset box.

Now I have to change the Note Out (Technics KN 1000) to get compatible with Note In (General Midi) for each patch,
I tried to match the Note In and Note out by ear. By Pressing Shift+Space I hear Note In patch from laptop speaker/headphone and try to find the compatible percussion note in Keyboard(Technics 1000) to fill the note number in Note Out cell. I have prepared a table to match GM percussion (Note IN) with Technics KN1000 Percussion (NoteOut) using similarity value and name of patchs.

http://www.4shared.com/do...131117-113424-f5d16833

The blank cells have been not assigned yet.
I surprised when I saw that technics KN1000 was not available in drum Map preset box in drom map manager, Therefore, I decided to create my own one to apply to the keyboard,
Please correct me, if I am in wrong way.Or if I have missed any option please advice me. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account