Helpful ReplyMe patiently waiting for Track to Track Routing in Sonar

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Boydie
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 370
Re: Me patiently waiting for Aux Tracks in Sonar 2015/09/02 16:03:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby John T 2015/09/02 21:27:53
I just wanted to point out that we have the CTO of Cakewalk directly discussing with the users about a future feature of SONAR - as well as Sir Craig of Anderton

When you stop to think about it this is actually quite incredible and a testament to how far we have come over the past few years, especially as it is starting to feel like "the norm"

Great job guys and (apart from SONAR being an awesome DAW) customer this engagement should tempt anyone to switch to SONAR
streckfus
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 339
Re: Me patiently waiting for Aux Tracks in Sonar 2015/09/02 16:04:50 (permalink)
Kylotan

And yet at the moment, buses themselves are used for 2 different purposes - (a) for grouping submixes, and (b) for send/returns. And they're mixed in together. For me, it's annoying that if I just want to treat 2 tracks as 1, that has to happen down in the bus pane instead of where the actual audio or MIDI events are in the track pane.

Exact-a-mundo.

Sonar Platinum | Win 10 Pro/64-bit | Core i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 2400 RAM | ASUS Z170-AR | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS8s
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Me patiently waiting for Aux Tracks in Sonar 2015/09/02 19:59:33 (permalink)
Boydie
I just wanted to point out that we have the CTO of Cakewalk directly discussing with the users about a future feature of SONAR - as well as Sir Craig of Anderton

When you stop to think about it this is actually quite incredible and a testament to how far we have come over the past few years, especially as it is starting to feel like "the norm"

I agree that it's great, but to me it's an indication of just how small Cakewalk is.  I often have the impression that the CTO is also the chief programmer.  Not a bad thing, and an efficient way of getting things done, but it reduces the amount of awe involved.

It's inspiring that Cakewalk has managed to stay afloat all these years and keep improving.  I imagine there's an awful lot of dedication and hard work behind that.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
streckfus
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 339
Re: Me patiently waiting for Aux Tracks in Sonar 2015/09/02 20:24:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby John T 2015/09/02 21:40:08
Paul P
Boydie

I agree that it's great, but to me it's an indication of just how small Cakewalk is.  I often have the impression that the CTO is also the chief programmer.  Not a bad thing, and an efficient way of getting things done, but it reduces the amount of awe involved.

It's inspiring that Cakewalk has managed to stay afloat all these years and keep improving.  I imagine there's an awful lot of dedication and hard work behind that.

As Yoda once queried, "Judge me by my size, do you?" :)

Regardless of how big Cakewalk is, they certainly don't have to engage with their user base like they do, and they definitely don't have to let users have any say in how they develop their software.  Obviously there are plenty of requests/bugs that have gone unanswered and may never see the light of day, but when you consider that several of the new features we've seen just this past year are directly related to (if not the direct result of) suggestions or requests posted on this very thread, I think that in and of itself is worthy of some awe.

Considering that other DAW manufacturers charge their customers for technical support or develop their software in accordance with what's fashionable in the industry, I think it's pretty impressive that CW is not only keeping pace with the competition in regards to features and usability, but outright slaughtering the competition in regards to overall value.  Plus they're happy to jump in a speculative thread and provide behind the scenes details on a feature that's still in development, a feature that (quite likely) was a response to user feedback.

And no, this isn't meant to be a confrontational post.  I just see their involvement with the user base as being quite awesome, simply because it bucks the trend.  But yeah, it is inspiring to see this software evolve the way it has.  I was skeptical when I jumped onboard the subscription model, but I've been quite impressed thus far.

Sonar Platinum | Win 10 Pro/64-bit | Core i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 2400 RAM | ASUS Z170-AR | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS8s
Boydie
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 370
Re: Me patiently waiting for Aux Tracks in Sonar 2015/09/03 02:51:54 (permalink)
I think being a small company makes it even more impressive!

There is obviously plenty of other things they could be doing but seeing a company actually interacting with customers (rather than just saying they do) is great to see
stickman393
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re: Me patiently waiting for Aux Tracks in Sonar 2015/09/03 11:31:14 (permalink)
Appropo of nothing:

If I had to choose between "Track Routing" and "Waveform preview in the Track Pane", I'd choose Track Routing.

(just wondering if this feature is related to Noel's question in the other forum...)
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1