LockedMigrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!!

Author
rodreb
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 915
2014/07/28 23:56:31 (permalink)

Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!!

Title says it all! Please, HELP!!!

ROD

Imaginary Friend Recording 
https://www.facebook.com/ifrecording?skip_nax_wizard=true

Dell XPS, i7 8700 (6 core), 16 gb 2666 RAM, two 2 Tb 7200 RPM HDD's, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 & Octapre

13 Replies Related Threads

John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 00:51:55 (permalink)
    Try going to the old way of going to your account using your old sign in and pass word. 

Best
    John
    rcrees
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 392
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 02:37:48 (permalink)
    Same thing happened to me... I tried the migration thing, followed the steps, yes, I did check "existing forum account" but it still created a "New" Cakewalk store account with my forum name has NO products listed.  In order to see my products, I have to go directly to the cakewalk site and enter my existing Cakewalk account info (which has always been different than my forum info...) That still gets me to my real account with all the purchases/upgrades listed.

Not even sure what I did and how it's going to affect me in the future...

http://www.rcreesmusic.com
    Dell XPS 8300, Intel Core i7, 8gigs ram, AMD Radeon 6670, Two SATA II 500gig hard drives, one 250gig external USB drive, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, M-Audio Keystation 61es, Windows 7 Home Premium, SONAR X3 Producer, many sample libraries including EastWest PLAYx64 Gold Complete, RA, Stormdrum and Choirs
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 02:46:52 (permalink)
    The old store account uses the old store login and is still the active store account. Read this post http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3072940 and provide feedback on the My Account page about your new product list.
    slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 03:50:04 (permalink)
    So it looks like there will eventually only be one account and login, which is a real shame since the security needs for the store account, and home of your fungible registration numbers, actually has some valuable stuff to steal.

As opposed to the forum account which I am always hoping will be hijacked by someone more knowledgeable or clever than me.
    Splat
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 08:45:43 (permalink)

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    brconflict
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1891
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 08:49:43 (permalink)
    I was locked out as well.

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
    twaddle
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1967
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 09:06:54 (permalink)
    I came on here and it wouldn't accept my password.

I had no idea they had planned this and if we had been told about it I missed it.
    I spent ages re-submitting my password and emailed support to ask them why I was being locked out.

The annoying thing was I couldn't have read the sticky about the new sign in and what to do as there was no
    guest log in. Normally you only need to be signed in to post and reply to messages so there was no way I could have read this  STICKY

Not sure why they've done this but hopefully it's so the new forum will be less problematic with logging in than the last.

Steve

soundcloud  SoundClick  Myspace
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 
    Intel i7 930, 3.40Ghz, 
    12GB Corsair DDR3 
    1TB WD  SATA 6Gb X 2 
    Emu- 0404 PCIe 
    Sonar X1d Expanded
    BFD3 + BFD2 + BFD Eco
    Dual boot windows 7, 32 & 64bit
    Beepster
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 09:26:59 (permalink)
    This may not solve everyone's issues but if there is a problem getting into your store account just login the way you always have (go to cakewalk.com, choose your location, log in with your registered email and password) and everything should be fine. They have not actually made the registration changes to the store yet. Aside from the new layout/design it should be the exact same process to access your account for now. You just may have the option to access the store account from your forum login now if you migrated and all went well.

Also keep in mind guys if you used a different email to set up your store account than the one you used for your forum account there isn't a way for the system to link them. That doesn't sound like what's happening to some of you but some of the post indicate this. Specifically rcees.

Now I may be letting the cat out of the bag here and they may change this but in my flurry of communications with Cake over the past couple days they said eventually the Store Account will no longer be email based as far as registration. Basically if you were a new user who just bought a product you would not provide an email when you register. You would create a user name/password and now you have a Cakewalk account. From there I'm assuming you would be able to then set up a forum account associated with the Store account (or maybe one would be created automatically) and you could provide an email address to receive notifications from the new multi purpose account.

It's like with my bank. I did not give them an email address to register for online services. I create an online account and linked it to my real world account (the equivalent of register a Cake product I guess for the purpose of this convo).

Now the thing is I am still unclear on exactly what/how they are doing all this even after many explanations (I can be a little thick) but that is what I have gleaned so far. I could be totally wrong and I think this is all still being developed/changing as they work out the kinks and get feedback from us.

Hope that makes sense and/or I am not spreading horribly misconceptions. Seriously do not take this as truth or fact.
    Beepster
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 09:29:49 (permalink)
    Also as far as InternEt broken messages and lockouts I'm sure much of that is temporary as they fiddle with the site/databases in the background. This almost always happens when webmasters are working on stuff. I'd consider us still in a live beta type scenario.

lawp
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1154
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 09:31:28 (permalink)
    well i migrated my forum account to a new cakewalk account, and kept my store account as was, smooth as you like :-)

sstteerreeoo ffllllaanngge
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 09:51:08 (permalink)
    rodreb
    Title says it all! Please, HELP!!!

This is impossible. As stated in my post, we have not updated the store in any way. It is exactly 100% untouched and disconnected from everything we've done so far.

Perhaps what is happening, as suggested by a few other folks, is that you are choosing the wrong region to log into our store. You can select which region to log into here: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/default.asp?chr=1

I would try using the select region page above and then using the password reset feature.

Eventually, we will upgrade the store to use our Single Sign On method (coincidentally part of the push for this is related to the fact that people get extremely confused about the different region options today).

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 09:52:33 (permalink)
    twaddle

The annoying thing was I couldn't have read the sticky about the new sign in and what to do as there was no
    guest log in. Normally you only need to be signed in to post and reply to messages so there was no way I could have read this  STICKY

Steve

Sorry for any problems Steve. To clarify, it is not a requirement to be logged in to read the forum nor will it ever be. To reply and post, however, it will be.

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    Re: Migrated to the new single sign in thing. Now I'm locked out of my store account!!! 2014/07/29 10:01:08 (permalink)
    Locking this thread so that Willy and myself can answer things in one place. Please see this thread: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-Single-Sign-On-and-You-Migrating-Your-Forum-Account-m3072940.aspx

Note: please keep the thread on topic in regards to problems with migrating forum accounts to SSO accounts. Feedback regarding your product listings, missing downloads, etc. should be sent through the Feedback section at https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Feedback

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1