Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
Author
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
2014/07/28 12:53:41 (permalink)

Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account

Greetings Friends!

For anyone who missed Willy's initial post regarding what Cakewalk Single Sign On is and what it means, please see this thread: http://forum.cakewalk.com...-and-You-m3071249.aspx

Our hamsters have completed their assignments and Cakewalk Single Sign On for the forum is now live! If you currently have an existing Forum account, you will need to "migrate" it to a Cakewalk SSO account. Migrating your existing forum account is very easy.

When you click Login in the forum software, you will be greeted with a new Login page. If you already have a forum account, click the "I have a Cakewalk Forum Login" button. Like below:

Afterwards, you will be met with a Migrate your Forum account form. Simply fill out the form.

After you have completed the form you will need to log in to your email account and click the magic verification link. If you are having difficulties with the link, try copying and pasting the entirety of it into your browser's address bar versus clicking it. Alternately, we have added a second code that is now sent with your verification email that can be entered at http://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Verify. Make sure you're thinking happy thoughts or you won't take flight properly.

After successfully verifying, you're done! You will now log in to the Forum with your Cakewalk Account. If you prefer to use a separate email address for your forum account, this option is still available under the "User Control Panel".

Please take the time to also check out the new My Account page and provide us with feedback. Please consider doing this, our hamsters are very hungry and ready for things to fix! This new My Account page will eventually be the new landing page for your product ownership (a place for you to see your serial numbers, registration codes and get downloads to your software). For the time being, you can also do this by logging into the Cakewalk Store.

PLEASE NOTE: Your Cakewalk Store account has not been changed in any way yet. This new My Account page will eventually replace it. However your feedback would be extremely helpful in sorting out any hiccups and locating any hamsters that may have hidden in your walls.

Please keep any feedback or replies constructive and on topic. We'd like to focus on resolving issues specifically around making sure Single Sign On is working for everyone and that everyone's My Account is as accurate as possible.

We reserve the right to remove posts and change your avatar. :)

UPDATE 1:21 PM EST:

We had initially lost one of our hamsters with our first push. He has now been located and fed appropriately. If you tried merging your account while he was missing, you may have encountered an error. This has now been corrected. Please try again :)
post edited by Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk] - 2014/07/29 15:41:32

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:01:50 (permalink)
The new account only shows downloads and serial numbers (a few very old ones missing, I used a feedback post to list them). The old account had a free section above the registration area containing things like the Gobbler access info and Quick Kit Project templates. There was also a section below the registration area with my order history. Will the data from those sections be added to the new account?
post edited by scook - 2014/07/28 13:21:51
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:20:58 (permalink)
scook
The new account only shows downloads and serial numbers (a few very old ones missing, I used a feedback post to list them). The old account had a free section about the registration area containing things like the Goobler access info and Quick Kit Project templates. There was also a section below the registration area with my order history. Will the data from those sections be added to the new account?

Thanks for the feedback - we'll get it sorted. 

RE: Order History - that is not in this flavor of the My-Account page today you will need to continue going to the store for that. Once we are confident in registrations and downloads all being available we'll start looking into displaying order history.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
perfectprint
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 862
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:26:36 (permalink)
quick note: you have to have already gone through the sign in and migration process in order to read this post (at least i was forced to)

Sonar Platinum                      

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:30:27 (permalink)
perfectprint
quick note: you have to have already gone through the sign in and migration process in order to read this post (at least i was forced to)

Thanks for the feedback - this probably happened because you hit the forum right after we turned it off to fix a few issues. You shouldn't need to be logged to browse/read any posts in the forum. Sorry for any confusion.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Stone House Studios
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3550
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:31:31 (permalink)
perfectprint

Lol!
I was thinking the same thing!

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:37:44 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
RE: Order History - that is not in this flavor of the My-Account page today you will need to continue going to the store for that. Once we are confident in registrations and downloads all being available we'll start looking into displaying order history.

OK, I did not know the old store account page was going to stay up.

Since serials are listed separately from links, it would be handy to have the serials split out from the download links. Or a sort by type and/or sort by name.
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:38:45 (permalink)
+1
No way I could get some information how to proceed before I have actually done that. All links to the forum are pointing to that login page. No info in FAQ, Blog, etc...

The whole page is confusing:
1) I am not a NEW USER!
2) I am not from USA, but this site is thought to be international, right? What "Create new account to connect with other users..." means? I do not want connect to someone else, I just want to login into MY account (forum/store/common, still it is MY account).

Fortunately I have seen the thread that is going to happened, but some other can make you responsible for broken keyboards and monitors 

PS. I see something is already fixed... at least the forum is readable without login.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:43:19 (permalink)
Yeah, the new user thing was a little confusing. Would have been less so if there were something about existing users logging in for the first time. Still managed to stumble through the process.
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:47:43 (permalink)
I seem to still be alive... but where should I be seeing this "MyAccount" page? On the forum? I want to make sure that Beepster the forum droog does not have access to the man behind the curtain's goodies.

So far I cannot see a way to get at my store account from my forum account... which is exactly what I want.

And yeah... it's all been pretty confusing but I know it's a work in progress. Good job on the quick turnaround though, lads. Cheers.
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:48:44 (permalink)

After migrating:

I can authenticate via verification link that was sent to me.
However I can't log in with old password.
I cant change password whilst logged in.
If I click "Lost password" and enter username I get "The internet is broken".

Help I need a password :).
Thanks!

Also please see update #32. Perplexing..
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2014/07/28 14:39:16

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:49:01 (permalink)
the my account link is https://www.cakewalk.com/my-account
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:51:50 (permalink)
And to be clear... while logged into the forum and I click through to the store I get asked to sign into the store as always. If that is where this "My Account" page still lives and I am unable to access it by using my forum credentials (which are now completely different than my store credentials) then we have indeed achieved the separation I needed.

If I am mistaken please correct me.

Cheers.

scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:53:30 (permalink)
One other thing that was a little confusing when I created my new account. Entering my email in the first prompt, it threw a message about not be able to verify the email (sorry I did not capture the exact wording). I ignored the message and continued to the re-enter email and finished the form.
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:53:57 (permalink)
scook
the my account link is https://www.cakewalk.com/my-account

It looks like you do not own any Cakewalk products yet. Consider checking out some of our free 30 day trials!  

Excellent. Still not sure where that link is on the forum page but whatever. Cheers.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:54:34 (permalink)
Beepster
And to be clear... while logged into the forum and I click through to the store I get asked to sign into the store as always. If that is where this "My Account" page still lives and I am unable to access it by using my forum credentials (which are now completely different than my store credentials) then we have indeed achieved the separation I needed.

Cheers.

the store is still a separate entity. click the my-account link in #12 above
Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:54:46 (permalink)
Beepster

Cheers.

Confirmed. I can't get in at all through this method with whatever password I have either but I can get my product keys etc via the new facility.. I'm assuming the old "My Account" link should not be there.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:56:08 (permalink)
scook
One other thing that was a little confusing when I created my new account. Entering my email in the first prompt, it threw a message about not be able to verify the email (sorry I did not capture the exact wording). I ignored the message and continued to the re-enter email and finished the form.

Yup. Same thing happened here but what it was referring to was the email you punched in not matching the Re-Confirm E-Mail box. This is pretty common (as I'm sure you know) however unlike other sites that use this procedure the message did not go away once the email was confirmed in the appropriate box.

But yeah... just type in the right email in both boxes and it will work.
Ruben
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 472
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 13:59:55 (permalink)
I agree that the instruction are not as clear as they could be. although I obviously figured it out. I think it would help to spell out the instruction in detail, i.e, "If you have a previous forum account, follow these steps". I know it probably looks pretty clear to you CW guys but you've been working with this all along to get it going - it's new to the rest of us.

Also, I ran into a log in issue that I was able to resolve. When I followed the activation email link, I saw that I was logged in, so I browsed to the forum. Then I looked at latest posts and clicked on a thread. But I then noticed that I was signed out (?). So I clicked the log in link and logged in again. This time I tried to access my User Account, but the link took me back to the log in page, and after I logged in I got a Page Not Found error. This happened every time after I logged in, no matter what I tired to do (post a reply, look at my user account stats, etc.). So I closed all Cakewalk windows, opened my browser (Chromium) settings and deleted all Cakewalk cookies. After that, I was able to access and view the forum normally.

CW, perhaps you should also include this in your instructions (or maybe it's there and I missed it). Since the forum is view-able without logging in, hopefully this will help others resolve log in issues.

Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:00:26 (permalink)
scook
Beepster

Cheers.

the store is still a separate entity. click the my-account link in #12 above

Yup. I did that and it confirmed I was logged in but was telling me I do not own any cake products so I'm assuming that I have successfully separated the accounts. They may have been severed anyway but I did a bunch of changing of emails and whatnot. Hopefully it stays this way when they do the final push and update the store.

However I am still uncertain how you accessed that page via the forum. Even when I navigate to the store it asks for me to login. When I clicked your link it recognized the Beepster handle. Weird.

For now all seems to be well.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:00:57 (permalink)
I don't mind validation errors. The error should only happen after the confirmation entry below the confirmation entry not immediately after the initial entry. And the error message should be taken down after the error condition has been corrected. But it did not slow me down, just gave me that insecure feeling until the process completed.
Ruben
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:05:54 (permalink)
CakeAlexS

After migrating:

Alex (and maybe Beep) try deleting all Cakewalk cookies from your browser and then log in again (see my post #19).

Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:08:09 (permalink)
The following is from memory so I may have made errors. Please correct me if I made a mistake.

Step 1: go to cakewalk.com and navigate to the forums.

Step 2: Click "Log In" at the top right of the page

Step 3: click the "I have a login" button and ignore the "Existing Users" field boxes (this is for people who have already done the migration I think)

Step 4: Fill in the appropriate info *NOTE: even if it says "email doesn't match" but you know the email is correct just type it into both boxes (email/confirm email) and continue on

Step 5: After submitting the info it will ask you to confirm the account so log into the email account you provided and click the link

Step 6: Throw a hamster on the barbie and call it a day

Alternate Step 6: Correct Beepster's instructions above and he will edit his post.

Edit 1 from scook (this probably only happens if your store account is linked to your forum email/username... someone else can verify):

My step 6 was verify the product list. The "my-account" Products list was populated for me. The product list is in approximately the same order as the old store account. There were some product name changes and a few older items missing.

Peace.

post edited by Beepster - 2014/07/28 14:16:59
Ruben
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:08:26 (permalink)
scook

I noticed that as well. I was expecting the non-matching message to disappear after I entered my email address for the second time - when it didn't I just assumed it was a scripting error, but it will probably be momentarily confusing to many users.

Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:10:03 (permalink)
scook
I don't mind validation errors. The error should only happen after the confirmation entry below the confirmation entry not immediately after the initial entry. And the error message should be taken down after the error condition has been corrected. But it did not slow me down, just gave me that insecure feeling until the process completed.

It might just be a javascript thing which most of those confirm/password strength thingies use. I have script blockers so maybe that interfered with it working properly/giving the error. Either way ignoring worked so no biggie.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:11:26 (permalink)
My step 6 was verify the product list. The "my-account" Products list was populated for me. The product list is in approximately the same order as the old store account. There were some product name changes and a few older items missing.
Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:20:00 (permalink)
CakeAlexS

After migrating:

Ruben 
Alex (and maybe Beep) try deleting all Cakewalk cookies from your browser and then log in again (see my post #19).

Tried that, nope my password is clearly pointing to Tahiti. Cheers...

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:20:11 (permalink)
scook

Thanks guys! Noted this one.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:20:51 (permalink)
@scook... I have edited my post but I think maybe that step (and perhaps the link you provided upthread) only shows up if there is a store account associated with your forum email. Others will have to verify this because I simply do not see a "My Account" option anywhere. Only my usual forum User Control Panel and all the other usual links. I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't get to my store account... which is excellent.

I believe my usefulness in this thread may be limited because of this though so others will have to fill in the gaps for those doing it the "right" way.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:24:26 (permalink)
I do not believe the "My Account" https://www.cakewalk.com/my-account link is on the home page...yet.
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1