Missing Song Blocks

Author
richlor63
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2015/01/08 13:22:38 (permalink)

Missing Song Blocks

I am new to Music Creator 6 and have started to go through the tutorial videos. In the "Working With Loops" video, it shows how to insert a song block into your project. When I try to follow along step by step, I do not see the same options. When I drop down the browser preset list, I do not have song blocks as one of the options. I thought that maybe they were loaded on my system but just not showing up in the browser. I did a search in Windows but did not see any of the wave files shown in the video on my system. I reloaded Music Creator thinking that this was part of the install. I've done both the recommended and advanced installs, selecting all options to load. Still not there.

Any suggestions from someone as to why these files aren't there? If they are part of an expansion pack, then I have no problem purchasing them but I would like to be able to follow along with the videos to learn the program.

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Missing Song Blocks 2015/01/08 13:46:40 (permalink)
    The video was made with the original Music Creator 6. The newer version Music Creator 6 Touch has different content. You could ask customer support but I do not believe the original MC6 content is available. The explaination starts here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2835185 
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Missing Song Blocks 2015/01/08 14:15:14 (permalink)
    yes ^^^^^ exactly.  

Understand that there are additional sound packs you can opt to purchase at the Cakewalk Store. 

I have bought a few that I thought I would need.... but certainly not all of them.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    richlor63
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Missing Song Blocks 2015/01/08 18:02:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Now that I look closer, the video is marked as Music Creator 6, not 6 Touch. Guitarhacker, have you found any of the sound packs that have the music blocks?
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Missing Song Blocks 2015/01/09 08:02:44 (permalink)
    richlor63
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Now that I look closer, the video is marked as Music Creator 6, not 6 Touch. Guitarhacker, have you found any of the sound packs that have the music blocks?

I haven't really looked. I bought the 2 sound packs I did buy because I wanted or needed the sounds in them.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1