NEW SONG NAME - NEW EVERYTHING !!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ChuckC
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1488
Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/28 16:15:41 (permalink)
I Understand that vocal melodies can absolutely take music that is basically repetitive into different feels from verses, to choruses etc.  For some reason, Sublime's "What I got" is the only example come to mind at the moment, but I know there are a billion others where the same 2 or three chords are used from start to finish and yet the song travels despite that fact.  I am not overly familiar with the style of this piece Radio, and I can understand being defensive after all the work you have put in here.  These songs come from us and beome part of us  
So, I will refrain from commenting further until you do have the song completed.  It may work fantastically when completed, I know sometimes others can not yet hear the orchestra we hear in our head until we take the time to pick up, play and record each piece so that the vision you had is now down on tape for the world to enjoy with you.
Good luck, and I will look forward to hearing the completed version!
post edited by ChuckC - 2011/06/28 16:17:15

ADK Built DAW, W7, Sonar Platinum, Studio One Pro,Yamaha HS8's & HS8S  Presonus Studio/Live 24.4.2, A few decent mic pre's,  lots of mics, 57's,58 betas, Sm7b, LD Condensors, Small condensors, Senn 421's,  DI's,  Sans Amp, A few guitar amps etc. Guitars : Gib. LP, Epi. Lp, Dillion Tele, Ibanez beater, Ibanez Ergodyne 4 String bass, Mapex Mars series 6 pc. studio kit, cymbals and other sh*t.
http://www.everythingiam.net/
http://www.stormroomstudios.com
Some of my productions: http://soundcloud.com/stormroomstudios
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/28 17:24:43 (permalink)
ChuckC

I Understand that vocal melodies can absolutely take music that is basically repetitive into different feels from verses, to choruses etc.  For some reason, Sublime's "What I got" is the only example come to mind at the moment, but I know there are a billion others where the same 2 or three chords are used from start to finish and yet the song travels despite that fact.  I am not overly familiar with the style of this piece Radio, and I can understand being defensive after all the work you have put in here.  These songs come from us and beome part of us  
So, I will refrain from commenting further until you do have the song completed.  It may work fantastically when completed, I know sometimes others can not yet hear the orchestra we hear in our head until we take the time to pick up, play and record each piece so that the vision you had is now down on tape for the world to enjoy with you.
Good luck, and I will look forward to hearing the completed version!

Hi Chuck , yea this no chord thing has been eating at me for a few days now and I did some hunting looking for the right chords that won't change the feel and sound I started out with .
I found five different chords I used today that seem to work , I also added something else to my Chorus section to help give that some extra color .
Then I shortened my instrumental bridge by two Bars , I also made some small corrections with some of my drum fills in the ending Chorus and the last change I made  I added a ending drum fill ending with a crash cymbal .

Right now in my ears it sounds good but who knows I might experiment again with my two verses adding something with the new  chords I used today .

I have been using this forum for over five years now and have taken a beating with many of my earlier songs and from a few people here on the forum who would love to shot me down again .
Your right you work on a song for hours or days and the last thing you want to have is people thinking your some kind of beginner who doesn't even know what a chord is .
They will say anything almost to belittle me and my song  , but again your right their are songs out there that repeat over and over from start to finish almost .
The trick is to come up with a good solid backing that has a solid groove to it and then use a strong melody to play off of that .
Lyrics and vocals can turn things around quickly and turn the music you created into some totally different .
Strong lyrics and a good strong vocal can create a different and interesting to a listeners ear .

Heres a lessons for everyone , I read this is a good song writing book I have .
He said if your not rewriting your songs atlease twenty times your most likely not going to have a hit song .
The same goes when creating music , sometimes you have to work the song atleast twenty times before its completely right .
Alot of different elements goes into creating good music , thats why your not seeing me trying to put out a song every three days  .
I spend a month now working on one song trying to get it right , maybe it might take longer who cares I'm not trying to out do anyone here on this forum .

I make errors and so does other people on this forum , no one is 100% perfect .
Anyway thanks for your comments and suggestions .

Thanks Chuck !
Radio

post edited by radio - 2011/06/28 17:26:29

radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/07/01 04:01:59 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone who shared their loving support in my behalf !
You'll noticed I pulled the old song posted you know the song that was played in DM one chord , that song went in for a major overhaul .

The song now has a brand new song title and theres more !
I got rid of the bass track I had in the song and replaced it with a new bass track , sounds totally great !
The other thing is I added yes real chords that will not make you sad but happy this time around .

Don't worry right now this brand new song won't be posted untill it is completely finished with lyrics and vocals .
With that news out on my table , I just want to thankyou guys and Janet for your comments and support plus your suggestions .
I think the next time you listen to this song when posted you'll say my God he did listen to us and took our loving advice .

Sorry Steve I know I threw the hammer at you a few days ago , yea some times a guy has to blow off alittle steam !

Thats all , be safe on the forth of July and try not to blow off any of your fingers !
No one likes a three finger guitarist or keyboard player ! LOL

Cheers ! Radio

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1