NEW SONG NAME - NEW EVERYTHING !!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2011/06/24 17:31:05 (permalink)

NEW SONG NAME - NEW EVERYTHING !!

Hi everyone , this is a song I started a month ago working on it an hour here and there not really rushing to get it finished but this is what I have so far .
I do plan on writing some lyrics to it and adding some of my own vocals to the song when I'm ready to move into that stage . 

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10792951&q=hi&newref=1

By the way Scotty this is the song I told you about a month ago saying it might be ready in mid July , if your interested in adding guitar give a ring by e-mail .

Any reviews would be great good or bad doesn't matter , this is a rough mix not the final mix by the way .
I mix as I'm recording each track and this is what I ended up with , thanks !

I titled this song " GET DOWN LOW " hope you enjoy it as a WIP .

post edited by radio - 2011/07/01 03:43:09

32 Replies Related Threads

jamesyoyo
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3460
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/24 17:49:55 (permalink)
    Sounds familiar...
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/24 19:25:28 (permalink)
    jamesyoyo

Sounds familiar...

Not from any of my older songs , The intro was created using Notion 3 and the chorus sections was also created using Notion 3 .
    Now in the verse sections I did use the same synth instrument as in one of my older recent songs , maybe that rings a bell but played differently .
    Anyway maybe thats where you heard that sound before , hey if you like it why not go with it !

Radio

dlogan
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2544
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/25 08:55:12 (permalink)
    I got an error on soundclick - said it couldn't load. Not sure if that's a problem with your file or a soundclick problem.
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/25 09:34:22 (permalink)
    dlogan

I got an error on soundclick - said it couldn't load. Not sure if that's a problem with your file or a soundclick problem.

Sorry Dave , I got the same thing and then I clicked it again after closing out of it and it was working .
     Try clicking again to see if it works , if it doesn't work then I'll have to upload it again I guess .

Thanks !
    Radio

jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/25 09:54:34 (permalink)
    jamesyoyo

Sounds familiar...

I have to agree. It's mid-tempo, 4/4, in a minor key, like the majority of your tunes. Not to say that there's anything wrong with that per se, but it might be nice to ring the changes now and again.

Speaking of changes, this whole tune seems to be one chord (Dm) - some tension and release would be nice, by way of some more chords, and perhaps a breakdown at midpoint.

Sounds fine as it is of course James, but it is a bit on the dull side to my ears.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/25 11:20:21 (permalink)
    jamesg1213

jamesyoyo

Sounds familiar...

I have to agree. It's mid-tempo, 4/4, in a minor key, like the majority of your tunes. Not to say that there's anything wrong with that per se, but it might be nice to ring the changes now and again.

Speaking of changes, this whole tune seems to be one chord (Dm) - some tension and release would be nice, by way of some more chords, and perhaps a breakdown at midpoint.

Sounds fine as it is of course James, but it is a bit on the dull side to my ears.

Thanks for the listen and comments , the main section I started out with had about four different chords and then I added other things over that part of it .
    Maybe I should had waited untill the lyrics and vocals were in , that alone can end up changing the way the whole song sounds .
    Thanks for the feedback !

Radio

post edited by radio - 2011/06/25 11:21:53

alkie
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2706
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/25 11:26:21 (permalink)
    Keep getting error loading message ...even went directly to your music page and got the same error.

Whoa.... to you ...oh...earth and sea...
    for the devil sends the beast with wrath.....
    because he knows the time is short.....
    let him who hath understanding.....
    reckon the number of the beast.....
    for it is a human number...
    it`s number is.....

So if JESUS rose from the DEAD
    Does that mean he`s the ORIGINAL ZOMBIE?
    Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/25 13:05:39 (permalink)
    Good textures in there. The drums kick butt. I agree with the others that it needs some more chords and changes to keep it interesting.

String Jammer
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/25 13:07:11 (permalink)

Sorry , must be SoundClick Alkie . I'm going to pull it off and put my song back in the oven to cook some more .
    I just started adding some sauce to my song ( CHORDS ) to add in some more flavor to my song .

I'm not changing anything I'm just adding , I like what I have now but James made a good point the song needs some Chords so right now I have about seven chords added so far and I'm working on adding more in some different places .

So far its sounding cool , thanks for the suggestions your right it did need more chords .

I'll repost it in a day or so , for now its cooking in the oven .

Thanks !
    Radio

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " OVERHAULED ! 2011/06/26 10:00:36 (permalink)
    radio

Hi everyone , this is a song I started a month ago working on it an hour here and there not really rushing to get it finished but this is what I have so far . 

I do plan on writing some lyrics to it and adding some of my own vocals to the song when I'm ready to move into that stage .

By the way Scotty this is the song I told you about a month ago saying it might be ready in mid July , if your interested in adding guitar give a ring by e-mail .

Any reviews would be great good or bad doesn't matter , this is a rough mix not the final mix by the way .
    I mix as I'm recording each track and this is what I ended up with , thanks !

I titled this song " GET DOWN LOW " hope you enjoy it as a WIP .

post edited by radio - 2011/06/27 03:19:15

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " OVERHAULED ! 2011/06/26 10:07:10 (permalink)
    Ok you offer suggestion and I listened . I went back and added chords to all my verses and my chorus sections , a total of seven chords in all .
    I tried to keep the same sound I had but did make a slightly different change to my chorus sections , I really like the way it sounds now .

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10789282&q=hi&newref=1

Thanks for the suggestions when I first posted my WIP song "GET DOWN LOW .

Radio
    post edited by radio - 2011/06/26 10:08:32

Thatsastrat
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1267
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " OVERHAULED ! 2011/06/26 14:07:24 (permalink)
    Radio,
    I like the groove you have created here. The reverb guitar part I think really works well.
    I think what the others were trying to suggest is to add something to your cool groove to change it, so it did not sound so much like a loop. I like what you have so far, but to add some additional changes (breaks from groove) would make what you have even better. Keep at it, there is a song hiding in this groove.

Sonar Platimum, Win10 32bit, Quad Q6600,4G DDR2 Ram, BCF2000, Lexicon Lambda interface,Tascam US 1800, WD 500 GB HD, M-Audio AV40 Monitors, Line 6 DI Gold, Guitar Rig 5 Pro, hand full of guitars, Kawia PH50 Keyboard,Digitech GNX3
    http://www.soundclick.com/thatsastrat/%3C/a%3E
    http://www.myspace.com/thatsastrat/music
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " OVERHAULED ! 2011/06/26 14:56:25 (permalink)
    Thatsastrat

Radio,
    I like the groove you have created here. The reverb guitar part I think really works well.
    I think what the others were trying to suggest is to add something to your cool groove to change it, so it did not sound so much like a loop. I like what you have so far, but to add some additional changes (breaks from groove) would make what you have even better. Keep at it, there is a song hiding in this groove.

Thanks , I worked at it today and for some reason I'm banging my head against the wall trying to find those magical chords that might work with what I have in place now .
    I'm still working on it and agree it needs some type of chords to help give it that extra lift needed .
    I like what I have so far , the groove and all but I can't call it a finished song yet and thats why I posted it as a WIP the first time to get some feedback on what I have so far .
    Thanks for the support , I'll keep at it untill I find something .

Radio

post edited by radio - 2011/06/26 14:57:43

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 14:59:56 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Good textures in there. The drums kick butt. I agree with the others that it needs some more chords and changes to keep it interesting.

Thanks Scotty I agree , I'm still working at it . Maybe in a day or so something .
    Radio

BIABDude
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 676
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 15:13:14 (permalink)
    Does it sound like your other songs --- Y E S

why--- James, they are talking about the RHYTHM SECTION of the song not your leads or other synth chords added--- the RHYTHM SECTION

suggestion--- change the rhythm tempo or even the 4/4 drum count --- maybe change the similar sounding synth pattern .
    Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 15:53:09 (permalink)
    Yes, a little repetitive, but it's well played. 
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 17:16:00 (permalink)
    BIABDude

Does it sound like your other songs --- Y E S

why--- James, they are talking about the RHYTHM SECTION of the song not your leads or other synth chords added--- the RHYTHM SECTION

suggestion--- change the rhythm tempo or even the 4/4 drum count --- maybe change the similar sounding synth pattern .

Hey if you listen to my last three songs I recently posted none of them sound the same .
    Everyone of them sound different , how can you say they all sound the same when they don't .
    Go listen to them the last three I posted , all three sound very different !

Oh crap , I hear his box shaking now !

post edited by radio - 2011/06/26 17:17:25

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 17:24:06 (permalink)
    Janet

Yes, a little repetitive, but it's well played. 

Thanks Janet , all that is soon going to change soon , I'm reworking the song for the third time  .
    Another thing is if you noticed I didn't add in any drum fills like I do in most of my songs , I used cmblas crashes instead to keep the groove moving from start to finish
    Thanks for the comment ! Radio

BIABDude
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 676
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 17:32:35 (permalink)
    I'm just making a suggestion from the comments from the others and what I'm hearing. 
    I've listen to all your songs and they are all very good. 
    But i hear rhythms that sound the same. 
    I see you are going to take your anger out on me that is, OK  Feel free to whip on me my BOX is strong and your words can not and will not make me shake.

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 18:16:19 (permalink)
    BIABDude

I'm just making a suggestion from the comments from the others and what I'm hearing. 
    I've listen to all your songs and they are all very good. 
    But i hear rhythms that sound the same. 
    I see you are going to take your anger out on me that is, OK  Feel free to whip on me my BOX is strong and your words can not and will not make me shake.

Thats ok I keep a roll of duck tape in my pocket , I just kidding with you !
    Hey I'm not perfect , every song for me is a learning process and the only way to learn is to fall down first .
    If you an't falling down then your not learning !
    Anyway I really should be working with chords instead of trying to layered in all my sounds to create a song .
    Its alittle too late to start over with this song , the best I can do is to find a way to fit in some chords .
    I might try deleting some tracks that might be getting in the way , I don't know all I'm doing now is trying different things to see where I end up .

Anyway sooner or later your going have to open that box , you need a box cutter ? LOL

Radio

ChuckC
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1488
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 18:26:47 (permalink)
    I like it, It has a cool mysterious sound to it but It really needs to go somewhere!   Build to a break, go sticata, go half time, double time... Change off the progression to give the ear something new!  Sounds like when you put in a movie dvd but don't press play and just let it sit at the main menu with some random song looping.... 

ADK Built DAW, W7, Sonar Platinum, Studio One Pro,Yamaha HS8's & HS8S  Presonus Studio/Live 24.4.2, A few decent mic pre's,  lots of mics, 57's,58 betas, Sm7b, LD Condensors, Small condensors, Senn 421's,  DI's,  Sans Amp, A few guitar amps etc. Guitars : Gib. LP, Epi. Lp, Dillion Tele, Ibanez beater, Ibanez Ergodyne 4 String bass, Mapex Mars series 6 pc. studio kit, cymbals and other sh*t.
    http://www.everythingiam.net/
    http://www.stormroomstudios.com
    Some of my productions: http://soundcloud.com/stormroomstudios
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 21:56:26 (permalink)
    ChuckC

I like it, It has a cool mysterious sound to it but It really needs to go somewhere!   Build to a break, go sticata, go half time, double time... Change off the progression to give the ear something new!  Sounds like when you put in a movie dvd but don't press play and just let it sit at the main menu with some random song looping.... 

Thanks , most of my recent songs had those music elements in them but this song I was looking for something alittle out of the norm .
    If anyone remembers Neverland a written song I did right after M.J. died its had the same song elements where the vocals supported the song mostly instead of fills and short breaks .
    I started redoing Neverland and sort ended up going another direction in sound and the way the song feels so much so I felt I needed another song title .
    In order to do what your talking about that would mean completely start over from the ground up , so far this song has thirty -three recorded tracks .
    The best I can rely on now is to keep looking for chords that will change the song without tearing apart the song and using my vocals to polish off the song like I intended it to do .

Hey I get where your coming from checkout some of my recent songs and you'll see that stuff is all there .
    I really value your suggestions but when finished with lyrics and vocals I think its going to end up as a good song , thats what I looking for and I'm not ready to give up on doing just that .

Thanks again for your support , lets see where this takes me in a few days or even a week with the music .

Radio

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/26 23:14:49 (permalink)

Hey Chuck , I just added some fills to help break things up a bit to help give the song alittle bit extra  .
    Sounds better now with these fills I used throughout my song  .

Thanks !

Radio

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/27 03:38:58 (permalink)

Sorry I deleted this second version , I have been working on a third new version that has all new drum fills in it from start to finish .
    Next I need to work on the verses and choruses in more detail , I'll post something by the end of this week I hope .

Today I have been dealing with a middle finger that has been very sore for six months now and it makes it really hard to play my keyboard .
    Six months ago cleaning shrimp I somehow jab my finger on a piece of shell cleaning the shrimp .
    A month went by and finally I started trying to pick out what was causing all the soreness in the tip of my middle finger .
    I thought I manage to get rid of whatever was stuck in my finger thinking it would heal up but it never really healed up completely .

Now I'm starting to think maybe I need to see a doctor to find out why this finger will not completely heal up so the soreness goes away .
    Everytime I play something on my keyboard with my right hand the finger hurts from pressure , this really sucks !

Somehow I'm going to finish this song , I guess I will have to deal with the pain and get through it .
    I guess I will have to call my doctor and see if she won't look at it to see whats going on with it and why it will not heal .

Anyway so much for bad news , I'm not going to let that stop me from finishing this song up this week .

Radio

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/27 14:05:49 (permalink)

I just finished the song , its done using five real chords in my verses only .
    http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10792951&q=hi&newref=1

I decided to stick with what I added to my chorus sections using Notion 3 , I didn't want to get away from that sound .

Heres what I did do , I deleted four tracks and then I found five chords using them for each verse .
    Some might say it sounds the same , well in some ways it does and the reason for that I played those chords keeping in time with what was going on before I added the chords .
    I really like that dark sound and didn't want to go into another direction .

The other thing I changed was my drum track , I added in drum fills to accent the music I created .

That's about it , I happy with the sound I created . Now I need to focus on writing lyrics for my song .

Enjoy ! Radio

SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/27 15:02:13 (permalink)

Hi James

Don't take this the wrong way, but you do know what a chord is, don't you?

If there's more than one chord in this song (and that D minor is only really implied by the melody and the bassline) I'm afraid I can't hear them. If they are buried somewhere why not let that nice little bass riff follow the root note to add the variety the song desperately needs.

Another thing (and again, this is only meant with the best of intentions) is the quality of the audio - it seems a little muffled and not very clear to me. There's no doubt that you've been improving since you got here, but your songs don't have the 'punch' and clarity that some of the electronica composers/performers songs do. Just out of interest, what Sampling Rate and Bit Depth are you projects recorded at?

Finally, I'd have to say you are quite a good drummer - it's just a shame your talent in this area is often wasted in these never-ending loop type tracks.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/27 15:06:32 (permalink)
    Interesting piece, James, and I really liked what you did with the drum fills.  I'll be interested to see where you go with the melody and lyrics.
    radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/27 15:37:10 (permalink)
    SteveStrummerUK

Hi James

Don't take this the wrong way, but you do know what a chord is, don't you?

Your wrong I was playing FIVE chords , I can give you the names and yes I do know what CHORDS are !

If there's more than one chord in this song (and that D minor is only really implied by the melody and the bassline) I'm afraid I can't hear them. If they are buried somewhere why not let that nice little bass riff follow the root note to add the variety the song desperately needs.

There isn't any DM in here ! The song sounds great just the way it is , sorry but the merry-go-round stops here I like what I created !

Another thing (and again, this is only meant with the best of intentions) is the quality of the audio - it seems a little muffled and not very clear to me. There's no doubt that you've been improving since you got here, but your songs don't have the 'punch' and clarity that some of the electronica composers/performers songs do. Just out of interest, what Sampling Rate and Bit Depth are you projects recorded at?

Finally, I'd have to say you are quite a good drummer - it's just a shame your talent in this area is often wasted in these never-ending loop type tracks.

Sorry for the RED ink but the song sounds great , I was sitting in BurgerVille today listening to a radio song and you know what it sounded very close to what I created .
    The way the music was created is very close to the way I played this song , different sound but played the same way .
    I don't know the name of the song but I have heard it many times before over the radio .

I'm sorry but I disgree with most of what you said with my song sounding loopy , there are many bands who play music this way and some of them are big name artist .
    When I add lyrics and vocals to this music you'll see its not even going to sound like the same song almost .
    Lyrics and vocals can change the feel of the song in many different ways , I like the music and I'm sticking with what I have right now .

I'll get back later with those five chords I used in my verse sections .

Radio 

Steve

radio
    Re:" GET DOWN LOW " - NEW WIP ROCK SONG 2011/06/28 15:49:19 (permalink)

Did I say I was finished , I thought so untill I decided to experiment alittle bit with some different chords in my two verses .

I also added something new in my chorus sections , sounds nice with alittle compression added to bring the sound out front a bit .

Then I made some very small drum fill correction in my last ending chorus section , I also added a ending drum fill ending with a crash cymbal .

Thats it for now , I might work something else in but for now this will do .

Radio

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1