Helpful ReplyNew Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Author
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/07 06:26:41 (permalink)
Hi,

I never got into the habit of smoking that, and never did it on a regular basis, and for some reason I did not like it.

Internally, I already knew from a few books (specially Castaneda), that it was not needed and it was just something else to replace something else and then yet another replacement. Being that I was very intuitive and writing, and I had visions many times (not even stoned) made it easier, because I knew that it messed up with my intuition. 

My neighbor smokes it but he is on disability, and uses it medically for his serious headaches from the medication (parkinson's related I think ... don't even know what it is) he has to take and it doesn't bother me, but I won't touch it. 

All in all, if I make resolutions, and at 66, you and I know that resolutions are for the birds, not us, it would be to lose a few pounds and I am in that direction by doing exercises in the morning and evening. My goal, sort of, is about one pound per week kind of thing, and it's really no big deal, but easy to see when I am getting lazy, and when I say fudge it, and eat something or other. But I have cut out potatoes and bread altogether, and that should help some. And I rarely eat pasta. 

So I get to embarrass a few friends ... go to the pizza parlor, grab a piece or two for my plate, scrape the stuff off the bread on the pizza, and eat it, and leave the crust/bread behind!

Weird ol'e man they say! 

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/07 09:35:51 (permalink)
dubdisciple
I guess i am glad i forgot to give you that bag i set aside for you.

Next time...but I'll settle for enchiladas.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
jude77
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1146
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/07 11:52:44 (permalink)
Bitflipper:
I hope you get this worked out.  Losing a spouse is a deeply unsettling event that affects us for years.  Whatever it's worth, you have my sympathies.  Also, you have been a great help to me and many others on this forum, and I appreciate very much what you do.

sharke
It's hard to shake off a psychological dependence on pot because it's almost like your whole emotional currency is invested in it. Eating, sleeping, listening to music, reading, just being interested in anything - when you smoke pot regularly it's easy to feel like none of these things would be as good without it. 

I quit being a daily pot smoker some years ago and what got me through it was the same thing that got me through giving up cigarettes 20 years ago - focusing on the novelty aspect. When you concentrate on the fact that you've made a major life change and that your existence is going to be different from now on, it's a huge motivator. You have to keep your brain interested. As soon as the novelty of not doing it wears off, that's when you're tempted to think screw it, what's the big deal anyway. You're selling your mind the concept that life is better without the drug, and you'll lose that sale unless you keep on top of your marketing campaign. 

I spent 35 years as a licensed psychologist helping people with drug dependencies.  I have to say Sharke's words are excellent.  Deeply insightful.  He's offering some excellent thoughts.

bitman
Dave, Firstly my sympathies on the loss of your wife. This has got to be unspeakable for you.

I at 50+ and self employed with a mortgage have every reason to have sleeping issues.
My wife suggested Benadryl which I now take every night before bed.

Benadryl works great although you can build up a tolerance to it after a few years.  If that happens just stop it for a few months and then restart.
A few here have recommended melatonin.  Be very careful there as that's messing with your central nervous system.
Also, you might check with your physician for meds, but again be careful with things like Ambien as they are habit-forming.

Good luck to you, and again, thanks for all the help you've offered all of us.

You haven't lived until you've taken the Rorschach.

Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit /6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)/16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory/ NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 730 with 2GB DDR3 Graphics Memory/ Dell KB216 Wired Multi-Media Keyboard English Black/ 802.11ac + Bluetooth
4.0/Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio Pro/Wireless 3165 driver
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/07 18:38:34 (permalink)
Ben "doing" Benadryl for years without failure for good sleep. - no tolerance.
Go to sleep at 10:00 every night
Get up at 6:30 AM every morning.
One mug of coffee - let's go!

Every day.
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 08:54:33 (permalink)
bitflipper
I've tried melatonin but it didn't do anything for me. A daily walk helps, but it's been too frickin' cold around here for that - maybe once it gets above freezing I'll resume. Switching to decaf after the first cup of the day also makes a big difference. Not watching TV in bed, that's another tip.

But falling asleep usually isn't the problem, it's staying asleep.

They say (whoever "they" are...) that computer and other devices are not conducive to sleeping. Something about the blue LED light affects the brain and wakes you up.  Try reading something like a book.... not the e-book/kindle thing, but an actual hard cover or softcover book.

Exercise before bed is also supposed to not be good. It revs up your system.  I suspect that dietary changes and lifestyle patterns might be in order. But only you can make such a decision based on what you do now.

Resorting to chemical means isn't really a solution.  It might work temporarily but in the long run, it just creates more problems to fix.

You're going to solve this mystery, I have faith.  The issue is, the longer you have had this lifestyle, the longer and harder it seems to be to change it and resolve it..... but it can be done.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
emeraldsoul
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1858
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 11:42:32 (permalink)
You could get a puppy or a dog, and that would bring some unconditional love, an opportunity to exercise by walking it daily, something to focus on other than yourself, and a great way to meet people and/or pick up chicks.

Of course, if you travel, you are screwed with that furry little albatross around your neck.

But it won't help you sleep at night. For that, maybe try wearing comfortable headphones and listening overnight to Coast-to-Coast or NPR/BBC at low volume. Or boatloads of white noise? I bet you already tried multiple "breeze box" fans pointing in comfortable directions . . . ?

Good luck, Bit, you are valued. 

-Tom

A work in regress:
www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
Kilometers Davis - video   audio
Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
The Sweet Slow Fade - video
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 12:27:20 (permalink)
Dave, I wish you good luck on this process.

I always have it in the house but was never a wake-n-bake user. For me it also started with trying to sleep, as I suffered from insomnia since my early teens. As for using pot, I have a vaporizer so I never smoke it anymore. I vape just a little, so no more of those days where I was zonked - I'm just getting a slight buzz and not all the time. I've managed to put it in a box where it fits in my life, but it took time. I prefer the Indicas as they mellow me a bit and don't get me too worked up. The best for me was some medical-grade pills I had from Colorado. I got the mellow feeling and the calm body without the head-trip. If that ever comes to Nebraska, that will be my thing. 

As for sleep - I no longer suffer from insomnia but that didn't get corrected until my early 40s. I was on prescription sleeping pills (horrible for you - and they STOPPED my dreaming). Here are a few things that worked for me:

First, get tested for sleep apnea. I have it and now sleep with a CPAP machine. It was uncomfortable at first, but I will not leave home without it. Just putting on the mask now signals my brain it's time to sleep.

Sanitize your sleep area:

1. Make it dark.

2. Get that TV OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM! No excuses. We have no TV in our room and never let our kids have one in theirs. That's an active brain activity that has no place in the bedroom. Seriously, if you have one in there, get it the hell out of there today.

3. Put you clock someplace that you cannot see it. I remember in my teens and twenties watching my digital clock roll through the hours. 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, ug. (I used to watch for patterns, like 12:21, 11:11, etc. Anything with 25 looked like a rabbit and anything with 52 looked like a wine glass -on and on. There is a mental thing that happens when you wake up and see 2:30 on the clock, and it FEEDS a cycle of insomnia; you start worrying about being awake and getting back to sleep. DO NOT LOOK AT THE CLOCK in the middle of the night - period.

4. Read up on "second sleep" - it's a real thing. For a lot of people - me included - you wake up in the middle of the night for awhile, and then go back to sleep and this is normal. Problem is, if you have light in the room or anything distracting (which is why you need to sanitize the sleep area), or you look at a clock and get a little worried about the time - you are done. I wake up in the middle of every night, but just tell myself this is normal, relax and just rest. The sleep then comes back.

5. This is a tough one to swallow for a lot of people: Lose the snooze button. I use an alarm app that I am able to customize. I actually created my own audio file to wake up to (starts really gentle, and if I don't turn it off I get chanting monks). :) No snooze button. So I set the alarm to wake me up when I intend to get up, and I get up. Snooze buttons are one of the most damaging things on the planet to good sleep. Do not use it. Trust me, this is a HARD one to break which is why I had to find an alarm app that let me remove the snooze button.

5. I had to address a low testosterone issue - when I started T therapy that helped as well.

6. No caffeine after 3pm. The time may vary for you, but for me it's 3:00.

7. Consider some nighttime supplements. I take a bunch but recommend Melatonin, Magnesium, and Ash Wadonda.

I hope you find some of these helpful! 
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 15:13:01 (permalink)
I have found that a sleeping mask helps me a lot. A year or so ago some a-hole opened a smoke shop across the street from me and he installed this giant neon sign which basically lights up the whole block like Times Square. My light-filtering blinds were no match for this monstrosity and so my apartment was basically lit up like a nightclub all night, I couldn't sleep at all.

So I bought a sleeping mask from the drug store. It lets absolutely no light in, and has extra padding on the back to lift the material away from your eyelids so that your eye lashes aren't scraping against it and you can get your proper REM sleep. Instantly I had one of the best nights sleep for years - I think even the feel of it on my face is comforting. 

The smoke shop now turns off the light overnight, so I don't have that problem. However I still wear the mask because I find it really helps to block off any light in the room, including tiny lights on gadgets etc. Plus it stops the sun waking me up in the morning. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 15:16:47 (permalink)
smallstonefan
7. Consider some nighttime supplements. I take a bunch but recommend Melatonin, Magnesium, and Ash Wadonda.

Magnesium is really important and helps your body relax. I think it is magnesium which is concerned with the relaxing of muscles, whilst calcium is concerned with the contraction. If the two aren't balanced then you have a problem. It's more common to be magnesium deficient than calcium deficient. Restless legs is a good sign of magnesium deficiency. I make a hot drink before bed called Natural Calm which is basically magnesium citrate. I add a little molasses and it's actually quite nice. Really relaxes the muscles and helps me unwind physically. I feel a lot more relaxed in bed. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 15:21:16 (permalink)
Guitarhacker
bitflipper
I've tried melatonin but it didn't do anything for me. A daily walk helps, but it's been too frickin' cold around here for that - maybe once it gets above freezing I'll resume. Switching to decaf after the first cup of the day also makes a big difference. Not watching TV in bed, that's another tip.

But falling asleep usually isn't the problem, it's staying asleep.

They say (whoever "they" are...) that computer and other devices are not conducive to sleeping. Something about the blue LED light affects the brain and wakes you up.  Try reading something like a book.... not the e-book/kindle thing, but an actual hard cover or softcover book.

Exercise before bed is also supposed to not be good. It revs up your system.  I suspect that dietary changes and lifestyle patterns might be in order. But only you can make such a decision based on what you do now.

Resorting to chemical means isn't really a solution.  It might work temporarily but in the long run, it just creates more problems to fix.

You're going to solve this mystery, I have faith.  The issue is, the longer you have had this lifestyle, the longer and harder it seems to be to change it and resolve it..... but it can be done.

Not sure which is healthier, pot or ativan or some other tranquilizer.  But, if you're worried about having a *crutch* don't worry about it.  Some of the more narrowly tailored tranquilizers have fewer side effects (all drugs have side effects).  One can't get through life without regular sleep.  That's the important thing to keep in mind.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 15:33:00 (permalink)
eph221
One can't get through life without regular sleep.  That's the important thing to keep in mind.

That is so true!  And the right amount of it as well.  It is the single most important reason why so many people are screwed up. Read the book 'The Power of Your Subconscious Mind' by Joseph Murphy.  There is a whole chapter on the importance of sleep. 

Drugs are not the answer for sleep.  It is a dumb and typical way out.   (I don’t put pot in that category though. It does work but the problem is you feel like you have a session the night before when you wake up! Tired)

In the chapter on sleep there is a fantastic prayer which is very effective.  Combined with some very ambient music it works wonders.  You have all the power to put yourself to sleep within you.  Just tap into it.  Not only that you can get your subconscious mind to work for you in many ways while you are asleep too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
webbs hill studio
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 16:53:08 (permalink)
One sure way to cut down would be to move here to sunny Victoria-the first state in the whole damn world to introduce random roadside drug testing for cannabis and amphetamines.reliable reports are coming in of people who have smoked a joint up to 9 days earlier testing positive with a $1000 fine,12 months driving disqualification and a criminal record for life!!!. 
fortunately you can still have a couple of shots,a line of coke and/or heroin,a tab of acid,some synthetic thc, a handful of Oxys and some valium to smooth it out and still be legal to drive-WTF....
i know a number of professionals who have recently given up their occasional Saturday night smoke or nightime sleep aid because the anxiety of being tested and criminalised outweighed the pleasure.

Ironically,i didn`t drink until my 30`s because it made me aggresive and obnoxious(apparently) and therefore,being a pothead i was the designated driver and safely delivered the drunks home for decades and now i am the criminal,after 50 years of accident free driving-have never been booked for a traffic offence,still have a D grade racing licence and usually the lead rider on tour-i set a new lap record at Wanneroo in 89 whilst supposedly under the influence-the vast majority of people i deal with have no idea i`m a pothead so being outed in the local paper for Drug Driving would raise a few eyebrows.
it seems to me that unlike alcohol there is no prescribed limit for THC,possibly because of the huge range of potency between strains and the inability to regulate the products strength across the board.decriminalization won`t help as alcohol use is legal and an accepted part in our culture-despite all the tragedies,violence and death it produces.
but,where there`s a will there`s a way-i could get Google Earth Pro in realtime and plan all trips according to the position of the drug buses but that seems excessive so i guess i will just have to stay home and have my groceries delivered by drone-oh well....
the War on Drugs has been lost-try telling your grandchildren in 20 years that the government could regulate and tax a product that was dangerous and will probably kill you like tobacco or the families and victims of sanctioned alcohol abuse.
two faced bastards who don`t have the guts to upset their conservative constituents..........
if God created all things was cannabis a mistake?..
i don`t think so....... 
cheers

ps:for further reading:http://www.ccguide.org/driving.php#usdot
post edited by webbs hill studio - 2017/01/08 18:29:59
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 17:20:15 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
Drugs are not the answer for sleep.  It is a dumb and typical way out.   (I don’t put pot in that category though. It does work but the problem is you feel like you have a session the night before when you wake up! Tired)

I have been reading lately that there is an increasing body of evidence that daily use of sleep aids, even the over-the-counter non-prescription variety, can lead to early dementia.  I used to take a blue pill I got from CVS pretty much every night.  I stopped after learning of the potential dementia issue.  Took a few nights to adjust, and I still have more than a few nights waking up a couple of hours after drifting off without them.  But the threat of dementia just makes it all seem too risky.

As to sleep masks, a big plus one.  And get a good one (they can be had for fifteen or twenty bucks - amazon.com has several good ones).  A quality sleep mask will be much more comfortable and will actually last much longer.  The cheap ones have elastic bands that stretch to the point the masks never fit properly after a couple of months use.
DeeringAmps
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2614
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 18:12:26 (permalink)
The "blue" pill?
I thought that was for, well you know...

T

Tom Deering
Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 18:16:04 (permalink)
The key to a good night's sleep?

A clear conscience.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
jude77
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1146
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 19:59:01 (permalink)
dmbaer
Jeff Evans

I have been reading lately that there is an increasing body of evidence that daily use of sleep aids, even the over-the-counter non-prescription variety, can lead to early dementia.  I used to take a blue pill I got from CVS pretty much every night.  I stopped after learning of the potential dementia issue.  Took a few nights to adjust, and I still have more than a few nights waking up a couple of hours after drifting off without them.  But the threat of dementia just makes it all seem too risky.

You are quite right about that.  The most recent studies are linking sleep aids to dementia in seniors (over 65's).   They jury is still out but the evidence is pointing that way. 

You haven't lived until you've taken the Rorschach.

Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit /6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)/16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory/ NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 730 with 2GB DDR3 Graphics Memory/ Dell KB216 Wired Multi-Media Keyboard English Black/ 802.11ac + Bluetooth
4.0/Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio Pro/Wireless 3165 driver
webbs hill studio
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 20:20:20 (permalink)
"You are quite right about that.  The most recent studies are linking sleep aids to dementia in seniors (over 65's).   They jury is still out but the evidence is pointing that way. "

google "cannabis and dementia/Alzheimer" 
there is some credible research going on suggesting THC as a treatment and possible delay agent
cheers
bitflipper
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 21:17:16 (permalink)
My sympathies, Tony. I thought Australia was more progressive than that. But then, it's a big country so I'm sure priorities and attitudes probably vary from region to region. We have Alabama, for example. 

I'm going to the Philippines in 3 weeks. They have excellent marijuana there, and it's dirt-cheap. Problem is, they're also currently executing people on the street for drug possession. The president has personally executed at least three people. No arrest, no trial, just summary execution - by the thousands.

I'll be there for 17 days, so at least for that long my new year's resolution will not be tested. 

My Stuff
webbs hill studio
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 22:01:40 (permalink)
travel safely Dave:i get a prescription for 7 days of Xanax(alprazolam) because i get claustrophobic on flights.
taken correctly it also eases you through the important first few days of no pot/no sleep and save one or two for the flight home.
but beware,it is highly addictive and 5 consecutive days is starting to ask for trouble.
also,beware alcohol if you are using it or you will end up like me at the second visit to the same restaurant,declaring"this is great-we should come here again"  
ps:i just read a study that smoking pot reduces your I.Q. temporarily by at least 5 points so you should be a bit sharper after 17 days- i will have to muddle along with the 140 odd i have left-oh well..
cheers

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/08 22:37:17 (permalink)
Hey Budflipper enjoy your trip ....that sounds great .

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

tlw
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/09 10:17:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Beagle 2017/01/09 11:02:05
webbs hill studio
ps:i just read a study that smoking pot reduces your I.Q. temporarily by at least 5 points so you should be a bit sharper after 17 days- i will have to muddle along with the 140 odd i have left-oh well..
cheers

A retired psychologist I know reckons IQ and IQ tests are like the old-fashioned country way of weighing a pig.

You start by getting the pig, a long plank, a barrel and a pile of big stones.
The barrel is put on its side and the plank is placed across the barrel like a see-saw.
Then you stand the pig on one end of the plank and you start adding stones to the other end of the plank.
Eventually, as you keep adding stones, their weight will lift the pig's end of the plank off the ground.
Once the plank is horizontal you know the pig and the stones at the other end of the plank now weigh the same.
Then you guess the weight of the stones.

A curious thing about IQ tests is the more you do the higher you score.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
batsbrew
  • Total Posts : 10037
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/09 10:46:27 (permalink)
sharke
batsbrew
bitflipper
cutting back on marijuana consumption

Move to utah, they'll throw you in jail for smokin' it,
and then you'll cut back automatically.

I would have thought jail would be one of the best places to score pot. 

heh, you would have thought incorrectly.

Bats Brew music Streaming
Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/09 11:32:02 (permalink)
Be careful Dave. The guy running that country is Bat**** crazy and hates Americans. I don't want to read about you in the papers. Stay safe and be vigilant.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
bitflipper
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/09 11:56:10 (permalink)
It's true, the guy is deranged.

Apparently, his attitude toward Americans stems from being denied a visa when he was a young man and wanted to visit his girlfriend who was studying in the states. He has a huge ego, takes personal slights very seriously and never forgets them. I cannot draw any U.S. parallels without violating this forum's terms of service.

Fortunately, his attitude does not reflect the average Filipino's opinions. They actually like Americans and have a lot in common with them. On my remote island, I am almost the only Yank (or white guy, for that matter) they've ever seen up close, so they are curious, asking me where I'm from, if I am married, how many children I have, whether I'm Catholic. Small children marvel that I have hair on my arms. Elders assume I must be rich, because I am fat.

Best of all, I am old, and in that culture one always shows respect to one's elders. Refreshing, that.

My Stuff
dmbaer
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/09 15:25:17 (permalink)
DeeringAmps
The "blue" pill?
I thought that was for, well you know...

LOL!  Well, now that you mention it ... these are a couple of medications that you *really* would not want to mistakenly take the wrong one.
Pragi
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/10 10:48:25 (permalink)
dubdisciple
And melatonin is worthless

Yes ,since stopping smoking I´m running 2 times per week  7 miles and make  gymnastics
(since more than 2 decades )the other days
for at least 45 minutes a day ,I sleep like a child .
My tip, if nothing else helps or you like moving the body,
move during the daytime a bit more.
I learned that the body needs a a little more move during the daytime, if this doesnt happen,
the body takes what it needs  in the night.

Sorry if that sounds  teacherlike , but it helps me a lot.
regards 
Pragi

eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/10 10:52:13 (permalink)
Pragi
dubdisciple
And melatonin is worthless

Yes ,since stopping smoking I´m running 2 times per week  7 miles and make other gymnastics
(more than 2 decades ago)
for at least 45 minutes a day ,I sleep like a child .
My tip, if nothing else helps or you like moving the body,
move during the daytime a bit more.
I learned that the body needs a a little more move during the daytime, if this doesnt happen,
the body takes what it needs  in the night.

Sorry if that sounds  teacherlike , but it helps me a lot.
regards 
Pragi

This is good advice.  Like the celebrex ad:  a body in motion, stays in motion. (that ad exec got a liberal arts degree, no doubt):D:D

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Moshkito
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/10 11:06:50 (permalink)
Hi,

You can always look for songs with "tropics" on it.

String Driven Thing - Starving in the Tropics

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/11 11:21:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby smallstonefan 2017/01/11 11:23:48
bayoubill
My New years Resolution is to find a way to get to Colorado for "The Brownie". Where I'm at the people I would get it from is just as likely to shoot you in the head as sell you pot not to mention the other stuff they push. The only alternative is Colorado if I want to revisit my youth. 
I don't smoke or drink cept the occasional beer with pizza 

I-10 west to I-25 north.

Rocky
Moshkito
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/11 21:31:22 (permalink)
jamesg1213
The key to a good night's sleep?

A clear conscience.

It's called shut off that internal dialogue. In this area, meditation is best! Not drugs!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1